Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ezreal and Brawndo vs Varus :lol:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

Ezreal and Brawndo vs Varus :lol:

this guy confidently slamming varus as a supposed counterpick then going 0/4 in lane and tilting so hard not only he said that dumb rear end thing in the screenshot but his entire team except his premade alistar(who he also flamed all game in all chat) reported him

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

thespeacilist7

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Why the Athenes? You're losing out by not being able to use the passive at all, if you were just after MR/CDR why not Banshees or Abyssal Mask?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

VodeAndreas posted:

Why the Athenes? You're losing out by not being able to use the passive at all, if you were just after MR/CDR why not Banshees or Abyssal Mask?

i also wanted mana regen. it was a very slot efficient way to get those 3 stats

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Ah yeah - I guess only other regen you've got is from FQC which isn't too much, and nothing increasing your max mana to help make up for it.

Good job :)

Brand is my go to Mid pick but despite maining Support I think I've only played him once in that role.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

who's the goof on jax that didn't build titanic

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I bought my account, which is to say, all the skins on my account that make me feel alive

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
a safe teleport

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I got plat again finally

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

I am the player with 4 level 30 accounts that's played 12 games of summoner's rift all year ama

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

is that the skin for spending a trillion blue essence

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Verviticus posted:

is that the skin for spending a trillion blue essence
That or if you spent 1IP during April Fool's Day like 7 years ago

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

RealFoxy posted:

That or if you spent 1IP during April Fool's Day like 7 years ago

Wasn't it like 6 IP (and then doubled every day after April 1 for a week or something)?

E: Either way I have it 'cause I'm awesome. I don't recall seeing that recall animation, though.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Mikujin posted:

Wasn't it like 6 IP (and then doubled every day after April 1 for a week or something)?

E: Either way I have it 'cause I'm awesome. I don't recall seeing that recall animation, though.
They just added it for the upcoming re-release, the crown is only for people who have the original and it comes with a special loading border too

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

RealFoxy posted:

They just added it for the upcoming re-release, the crown is only for people who have the original and it comes with a special loading border too

Guess I need to play more Warwick to show of my Urf-swag.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
What's the deal with clan names that are formatted """name,"""

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

kingcobweb posted:

same logic as xXxXweedlordgokuXxXx i presume

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I hit my promotion series for Gold V, wish me luck goon fam

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

The end of the season is always hardest, godspeed

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Rygar201 posted:

Go get em bud!

I've started playing some ornn jungle, and I'm really liking it but was wondering what to build. So far I've been doing a mix and match of cinderhulk / sv / iceborn / stoneplate / locket /randuins, but don't really have a particular plan beyond getting to 40% cdr.

Is the tank miscellania build basically correct? Are there any most have first items, or things I'm missing?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

they are being sarcastic about their clan so they are using air quotes

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

kingcobweb posted:

Who are the rune wizards who came up with this one?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Old runes cannot go away fast enough.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Are they dumping masteries too? They're all boring outside of keystones and 1 or 2 others.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Here you go

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Runes_(Season_2018)

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
Looks like Riot released their preseason update where they talk about IP going away, runes leaving (and rewards for old players), changes to crafting, infinite player levels, etc: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012640908-Preseason-Update-FAQ

Any thought on using IP to buy champ shards and then disenchant them for blue essence so it gets multiplied by 6.5x when cutover happens?

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Ceros_X posted:

Any thought on using IP to buy champ shards and then disenchant them for blue essence so it gets multiplied by 6.5x when cutover happens?

From what I remember, the math works out to it on average giving you ever so slightly more in return, potentially slightly less if you're unlucky and get nothing but 450IP champ shards.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Ceros_X posted:

Yeah Riot acknowledged that the maths works out in terms of buying champion shards and said they're not going to change the ratio to make it worse.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

50% lifesteal Olaf is the only thing worth playing

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver

Hot strat: All in as Leona (with fervor/ignite) and Xayah (She can root at level 2) and they WILL give you first blood at level 2

We clear 2nd wave super fast and if you hit your e they are dead, no question

Once you get that first place you can snowball the whole game

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
https://i.imgur.com/q2J6kjd.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/nCpzsYG.mp4

Animated!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Super Librarian posted:

From what I remember, the math works out to it on average giving you ever so slightly more in return, potentially slightly less if you're unlucky and get nothing but 450IP champ shards.

You get on average like a 5% roi, but if you have like less than 15k ip its a little risky. If you have on the order of 6 figures you're borderline guaranteed to come out at least even

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Hit diamond just in time for the end of the season. Pantheon is overpowered

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

have you seen my baby posted:

Hit diamond just in time for the end of the season. Pantheon is overpowered

I don't think theres been a time ever where panth hasn't been strong, tbh.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Poppy has been my trip out of the depths of Silver in my last week of "woops I forgot to play League this year". I ran into this guy and thought you guys would like him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlBCuweemvc

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Drone_Fragger posted:

I don't think theres been a time ever where panth hasn't been strong, tbh.

there have been a few instances where he's been mediocre, but he usually has a pretty good win rate

Luna Was Here posted:

You get on average like a 5% roi, but if you have like less than 15k ip its a little risky. If you have on the order of 6 figures you're borderline guaranteed to come out at least even

at 230k i guess i should probably do it huh. sounds like a lot of loving effort

edit: i actually have a few unbought champions ive been slacking on so i guess buying the mystery shards and deing the expensive ones is an easy couple of bucks

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 30, 2017

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Methanar posted:

50% lifesteal Olaf is the only thing worth playing

i did that for a bit but with bramble vest now, eh gently caress

Verviticus posted:

edit: i actually have a few unbought champions ive been slacking on so i guess buying the mystery shards and deing the expensive ones is an easy couple of bucks

i did this for the final 3 champs i didnt have (rakan, ornn and kayn) and actually gained IP/BE. i just bought mystery shards until i got some junk ones (195 BE or lower) and disenchanted everything that was worth more than that until i had 9 worthless champ shards and combined those. neat system

now i need to figure out if i should be unlocking my pile of chests before or after the new system....

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Oct 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Re: maximizing benefits from the IP -> BE conversion - if you are like a lot of people and are mostly just going for champion completion at this point, you can roll random champions from low value (<= 3150) shards and blue high value (=>3150) shards and come out much more than 10% ahead. You'll unlock some random champions and still have some BE to spend on specific ones you might want.

^^^ Unlock your chests now, the amount of orange essence you get from disenchanting skin/ward shards is going down like 40%. Everything you aren't absolutely certain you want should be dusted before the patch hits.

• Locked thread