Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
I already did one 10+1 pull on the XV banner (ended up getting Notctis OSB & Glad BSB), should I do another on the XV banner or pull on the Type-0 banner?

Also man there are so many renewal dungeons. Trying to get as much Mythril as I can. Are realm dungeons going to be 1/2 off soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Also man there are so many renewal dungeons. Trying to get as much Mythril as I can. Are realm dungeons going to be 1/2 off soon?

They usually go half off around dungeon updates/lucky draws, and the next is predicted to be in a bit over a week (Nov 7, I think). The draw should be FF6, 7, and 13.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

LornMarkus posted:

Yup, they're not effortless but if you're at all able to clear Magicite you will probably smash them. I'll also add in a few more details:

-You get six of the 4* Mote for clearing it at all, every time. If you do sub 30sec you get an additional 4 for 10 4* Motes total.
-Each boss is 200% weak as well as not having nearly as high of stats as a Magicite Boss, so any team designed for the latter will almost be overkill for the former.
-There is no Realm Synergy for any of the Mote Dungeons, just like Magicite.
-The bosses are as follows: 4* Spirit is Tonberry King who is weak to Earth, 4* Dex is Wladislaus (the sword-wielding Cieth from near the end of XIII) who is weak to Thunder, 4* Vit is King Behemoth and Undead Behemoth and they are both weak to Fire, 4* Wisdom is Lich who is weak to Wind and 4* Bravery is Red Dragon who is weak to Dark.

Zurai did a guide for all of them on Reddit:

https://im.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6pikr5/new_mote_dungeons_boss_guide/

Are these dungeons permanent?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

I already did one 10+1 pull on the XV banner (ended up getting Notctis OSB & Glad BSB), should I do another on the XV banner or pull on the Type-0 banner?

Type 0 has three characters: a great fire mage, a really good healer, and a really good wind dragoon. If you want/need any of those things, then it's worth a pull, as it is a very focused banner.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Got aces usb from the dollar after getting poo poo all from any other renewal banner dollar draws

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Mithross posted:

Type 0 has three characters: a great fire mage, a really good healer, and a really good wind dragoon. If you want/need any of those things, then it's worth a pull, as it is a very focused banner.

Alright, you convinced me. Time to use some of that Renewal mythril.

Yep, that sure is a loving haul!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Was Cloud's BSB1 one of the first BSBs? Is that why it's just deals physical damage.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Infidel Castro posted:

Alright, you convinced me. Time to use some of that Renewal mythril.

Yep, that sure is a loving haul!

Well you have a Sealion killer now, nice.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Electric Phantasm posted:

Was Cloud's BSB1 one of the first BSBs? Is that why it's just deals physical damage.

the first

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh that's why it's on the 1st fusion sword.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

lol got MP Emperor down to like 5% at near full health, 5 seconds later we were all dead. Great.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I recommend soloing emperor. LD Cid Raines BSB is more than enough DPS for the fight which means everyone else can be healing or support.

Having better control of the phase shifts and no lag makes the fight trivial. Bring Rikku USB if you have native wall and use it after each dispel.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I haven't legend dived Raines yet

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

I've started prioritizing at least one LD per element to help solo multiplayer fights. Luckily Bartz and Cid Raines covers 6 elements between them.

Lightning covers lightning so all I really need is a good ice candidate before I look at doubling up on weaknesses or focusing on support. Hopefully I get Vivi USB soon, he'd be perfect.

Shame Edea's dive and USB is underwhelming.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Sorta tempted by this Type O banner since good fire magic is something I'm lacking aside from trance-mode Vivi chaining Meltdown. What are the actual odds of me getting a relic that would be useful, though? I don't really need any other healers since I've got Yshtola, Vanille, and Eiko with their BSBs, and I'm super set for physical wind stuff, so I'm not sure if pulling here is a good idea or not.

On the other hand it's not like there's a bunch of other banners full of fire mage stuff, either.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Nihilarian posted:

I haven't legend dived Raines yet

I did it with just Raines, no LD.

My party was Tyro (wall), OK(BSB), Raines(BSB), Ysh(BSB), Yuna (BSB2)

It was a long draw out fight but I was never really in danger.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'm being severely bottlenecked by 4* wisdom motes. Fuckin wisdom motes in everything

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Mithross posted:

I did it with just Raines, no LD.

My party was Tyro (wall), OK(BSB), Raines(BSB), Ysh(BSB), Yuna (BSB2)

It was a long draw out fight but I was never really in danger.
that's pretty close to the party I ended up going with, just replaced Onion Knight with Kuja and his BSB. That was a lot easier

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

After getting Ward BSB on a 100 gem pull and Nine BSB on an 11 pull of T0, who should I throw my next MC3 at (when it comes up as loot tonight)? I'm leaning towards Nine as I have a lot of options for earth damage already.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

NGDBSS posted:

After getting Ward BSB on a 100 gem pull and Nine BSB on an 11 pull of T0, who should I throw my next MC3 at (when it comes up as loot tonight)? I'm leaning towards Nine as I have a lot of options for earth damage already.

Nine also has a +Spear RM99 if that's a thing you want

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

On the Type-0 fights, after the victory riff it goes into this wonderful minor-key chocobo theme. Does that exist somewhere on Youtube? I haven't been able to track it down but it sounds enough in-tune with the other music from that game it might have snuck in as a bridge somewhere.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
This one? Linking from mobile so sorry if it formats weird.

https://youtu.be/McEUiARvwWE

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!
I've got two Legend Dive related questions:

-I'm a few dex motes away from finishing up Delita's dive (I've collected all his relics while pulling for other characters, and he's put in a lot of work since then) and I was planning on keeping his LM1 (boost spellblade ability damage) and LM2 (w-cast spellblade) and not use his LMR (increase attack proportional to spellblade abilities used). My reasoning is that between his USB and whatever other buffs I have going I'll likely hit the attack softcap, making the LMR superfluous, whereas the LM1 boost is applied after the softcap and still be effective. Is my understanding of the attack softcap rules correct?

-I've got a shitload of bravery motes and was thinking about diving either Ramza (everything but his BSB) or Setzer (everything but his LMR). I use Ramza a ton but his dive isn't too exciting other than a stat boost, and Setzer is a fantastic debuffer but always seems a little squishy. Does anybody who's dived them have any regrets? Or are either super awesome post-dive?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

pichupal posted:

This one? Linking from mobile so sorry if it formats weird.

https://youtu.be/McEUiARvwWE

Yeah, that's it, thanks.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Are these dungeons permanent?

They are permanent but they rotate. As a person noted above they stick around for three days at a time, you'll roughly get two three days periods per month for each mote type.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Stopgap posted:

-I'm a few dex motes away from finishing up Delita's dive (I've collected all his relics while pulling for other characters, and he's put in a lot of work since then) and I was planning on keeping his LM1 (boost spellblade ability damage) and LM2 (w-cast spellblade) and not use his LMR (increase attack proportional to spellblade abilities used). My reasoning is that between his USB and whatever other buffs I have going I'll likely hit the attack softcap, making the LMR superfluous, whereas the LM1 boost is applied after the softcap and still be effective. Is my understanding of the attack softcap rules correct?

If you're at the attack or magic softcap +damage is always the way to go

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Stopgap posted:

-I've got a shitload of bravery motes and was thinking about diving either Ramza (everything but his BSB) or Setzer (everything but his LMR). I use Ramza a ton but his dive isn't too exciting other than a stat boost, and Setzer is a fantastic debuffer but always seems a little squishy. Does anybody who's dived them have any regrets? Or are either super awesome post-dive?

The fact that Ramza makes both Shout and History's Truth buffs last 40% longer means you can switch between them during long fights and if you have another source of Hastega you can just chill out and cruise along and do whatever.

His stat buff LD also affects the stat buffs of any RW he calls, so you can have him call your RW Wall and it will last 40% longer. His LD is deceptively awesome.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

The attack softcap is low enough that I don't understand why any of the +attack legend materia exist. Is there an edge case use for them?

If a full dive + non-synergy 6* + 1 boost hits the cap why go any further? I'd much rather have % damage or % double cast.

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

Elephant Ambush posted:

The fact that Ramza makes both Shout and History's Truth buffs last 40% longer means you can switch between them during long fights and if you have another source of Hastega you can just chill out and cruise along and do whatever.

His stat buff LD also affects the stat buffs of any RW he calls, so you can have him call your RW Wall and it will last 40% longer. His LD is deceptively awesome.

I didn't even think of the RW being affected, that's awesome. Thanks for the input, guys.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

KPC_Mammon posted:

The attack softcap is low enough that I don't understand why any of the +attack legend materia exist. Is there an edge case use for them?

If a full dive + non-synergy 6* + 1 boost hits the cap why go any further? I'd much rather have % damage or % double cast.

They're still good for cid missions a lot, where you might have very limited access to the full suite of hastega, boostga, wall, and medica. Sometimes you just have to sacrifice one or two, and when using characters you don't have great stuff for there's a good chance they're not dived very much either. In that case, something like +20% ATK can be pretty huge.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Schwartzcough posted:

They're still good for cid missions a lot, where you might have very limited access to the full suite of hastega, boostga, wall, and medica. Sometimes you just have to sacrifice one or two, and when using characters you don't have great stuff for there's a good chance they're not dived very much either. In that case, something like +20% ATK can be pretty huge.

I'm still a long ways away from diving with CMs but I suppose this is something to one day look forward to.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

dragoons determination used to be amazing back before you could stick a 95% ATK boost on a team without really trying and "good synergy" meant having two 5* swords.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

There's also the fact that it's a stat softcap. It isn't a hard cap. For comparison's sake, a +50% Attack buff which comes in entirely below the soft cap increases your damage by almost 100%, while one which is entirely above the soft cap increases your damage by about 20% (both values IIRC). It's a much-reduced benefit compared to being below the cap, but it's still a benefit and can be substantial.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Dammit Dena I need some 5* dex motes, why the hell are we getting more 5* wisdom already.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Man, Adel is a pleasantly cake JS after the loving nightmare of RS+Ogres. Probably doesn't hurt that I have good FF8 synergy.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

wizard on a water slide posted:

Man, Adel is a pleasantly cake JS after the loving nightmare of RS+Ogres. Probably doesn't hurt that I have good FF8 synergy.

Wait for the 300 Crystal Tower. Wait for it and despair. :gibs:

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
8 Jumpstart, and not strong against ice? Hoo buddy, this will be nuts.

Squall, fully dived, 715 attack.
Rinoa Ice Chain
Kiros BSB
Y'sh
Ramza with Shout/USB.

Squall's ramming over 2,200 attack after magicite buffs + burst mode + Ramza/Kiros buffs, with +20% ice damage from his armor he took from Snow. Dunno if Kiros and Rinoa will survive, since they're 64/65 each, but have to have some sort of handicap with Squall raging out hardcore there.

If only I could eke out another 200 attack so I could triple the softcap.

Kumog fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 30, 2017

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Dammit Dena I need some 5* dex motes, why the hell are we getting more 5* wisdom already.

For real, if I could just switch this jumpstart to 4* wisdom and 5* dexterity I'd be doing backflips.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Even a 64 Kiros can get 70k BSB entries on this JS. Can't argue with it being a good 30 boost to the chain too, which would have been hilarious for me if I would've RW'd Cloud USB on Squall. Really should have, but used Eiko USB instead in case Adel decided to have fangs.

Edit: gently caress, did the math, Squall would have, at minimum, done 59k/hit with CMD2 to Adel had I used Cloud USB. Not even factoring in the chain, Squall was doing 9999*2 with CMD1. Each hit in CMD2 after him triplecasting C1 is a tad over 3x power, so minimum 29997. Add in 50% crit bonus and 30% bonus for Cloud USB, 58494/hit. Times seven. 409459 damage. Factoring a chain bonus of...30 (I had it over 60 before the fight ended, but lowballing it), that's 76042/hit. 532,295 damage. Adel only has 450k hp. I really should have done that, but eh, not burning 60 stamina when I can't record it.

Kumog fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Oct 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Dumb question, but is there an easy way to tell when I should bring a + element RM vs a + skill type RM?

I'm looking at my Sealion team and Celes has her BSB1 for fire damage, along with a Red Jacket for + fire damage, and +fire damage magicites. She also has her legend dive for +9% spellblade damage. Do I pick a + fire RM, or a + Spellblade? Does it matter?

• Locked thread