Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Is Doug Gottlieb even a real person anymore? Does even he understand what the gently caress he's trying to say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

Mark Davis? Or was Al the only one who deserved it

Al absolutely deserved it

Al deserved something, because the man was completely bonkers in a way that made everyone else in the league meltdown.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Jags all in on the d-line holy poo poo

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
But if you think about it, what better way to hide your QB than to have a defense that makes theirs look worse.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

OverTheCap updated overnight and the Jaguars are only accountable for the balance remaining on this year on Dareus's contract, which is a cap number of $5,735,294, which is a dent in the rollover but but not as terrible as I originally feared. His cap number next year is only ~10mil, which is way better than I initially thought. His dead money hit drops to zero in 2019 and after.

TSBX posted:

But if you think about it, what better way to hide your QB than to have a defense that makes theirs look worse.
"Yeah Blake is bad, but did you see their guy? drat."

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Oct 28, 2017

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

TSBX posted:

I'm all-in on the "If we can't have a quarterback, neither can you" game plan.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Yeah, Bort sucks, but we've sacked yours 10 times today."

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shinjobi posted:

Al deserved something, because the man was completely bonkers in a way that made everyone else in the league meltdown.

Al deserves a lot of credit for hiring the first African American coach, the first Hispanic coach, and the first woman high up in the organization.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Randaconda posted:

Al deserves a lot of credit for hiring the first African American coach, the first Hispanic coach, and the first woman high up in the organization.

Yes, and he definitely deserves credit for those things. But the guy was wild. No owner to my knowledge marched to the beat of their own drum quite like him.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The Texans didn't start Deshaun Watson week 1.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Fire Bill O'Brien.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Watson loving owns and I’m sorry he’s being held back by your coward of a coach, Texans fans.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Fire the offensive minded head coach for the defense giving up 41 points

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
You know who did beat the Seahawks....

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Probably Magic posted:

Exotic Smashmouth :coal:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Probably Magic posted:

But we lost to the Raiders and Dolphins, two Bad Teams.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I refuse to live in a timeline where the Jaguars are the best team in the AFC South.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kirios posted:

I refuse to live in a timeline where the Jaguars are the best team in the AFC South.

They aren't

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kirios posted:

Buddy, I've got news for you:

All the teams are bad.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

But we lost to the Raiders and Dolphins, two Bad Teams.

The Texans lost to the Jaguars and the Patriots, so it's even.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Metapod posted:

They aren't

wrong :colbert:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
It is so nice not having to worry about how embarrassing the playoff game against the Patriots is going to be. My Sundays are so stress free like the Suck for Luck year. I wonder which AFC South team will lose to the Colts and get knocked out of the playoffs in December.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Elephanthead posted:

It is so nice not having to worry about how embarrassing the playoff game against the Patriots is going to be. My Sundays are so stress free like the Suck for Luck year. I wonder which AFC South team will lose to the Colts and get knocked out of the playoffs in December.
It will be the Jaguars.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm sad that the fates have dictated now that the Texans have a great QB their defense has to be trash

OTOH it's hard to care about football just now for obvious reasons

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Intruder posted:

yeah I'm glad the NBA is back too

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Intruder posted:

I'm sad that the fates have dictated now that the Texans have a great QB their defense has to be trash

McNair is mos def the albatross around the teams neck. They'll be doomed to be middling at best so long as he owns them.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

What the heck Texans?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't even loving know anymore.

Hmm, our offensive line is horrible and our star rookie QB is constantly having to scramble. Lets trade our best offensive lineman!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

You've gotta be kidding me

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Goddammit Texans. The one year I want you to do well and you pull stupid poo poo like this.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Neil Armbong posted:

McNair is mos def the albatross around the teams neck. They'll be doomed to be middling at best so long as he owns them.

I've been saying for a long time now that I think McNair truly isn't concerned with his on field product, as long as the Texans continue to sell out and he gets to own a big chunk of the social scene in Houston. As long as his family owns the franchise any success is going to be coincidental.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The texans are loving stupid

gently caress you Rick Smith

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
That’s awesome news.

For Tennessee!!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I couldn't be more angry about this news

Reminder the Texans don't have a first or second, so there's no good way to fill the LT hole

Any decent tackles hitting FA?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm done with the Texans for the rest of the season

Go... whoever

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Let's go the Jags

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Intruder posted:

I couldn't be more angry about this news

Reminder the Texans don't have a first or second, so there's no good way to fill the LT hole

Any decent tackles hitting FA?

Joe Thomas maybe.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Flikken posted:

Joe Thomas maybe.

I meant ones that aren't dead

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
God drat, what a stupid move. V impressed to see McNair imploding over what was a salvageable situation.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Intruder posted:

I meant ones that aren't dead

Torn Tricep isn't a career ender. I want him to go a winner that doesn't have an insufferable fanbase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

And yet you mention the Texans

• Locked thread