Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RVProfootballer posted:

Fuller must start to regress back down to earth. Going against Seattle's secondary would've been a good bet for it to start, but apparently not. 7 touchdowns on 11 catches, hah. These things happen in small samples, like Doug Baldwin's 2015, where he had 10 touchdowns on 21 catches across four games, but even more extreme.

I agree and disagree at the same time, like an electron with gender identity issues. Yes, such stats for such a small sample size scream regression. But also this is an electric rookie QB, he's gonna draw the spy and then throw it long at least 5 times a game, and newbie needs a safety blanket. So, while he obviously will regress, I see why it's taking longer than like 99% of most breakouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

...Started Diggs over Fuller :cripes:

Right there with you, Digg-over-Fuller-buddy. I have made every wrong decision I possibly could this year.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Doobie Keebler posted:

Right there with you, Digg-over-Fuller-buddy. I have made every wrong decision I possibly could this year.

I think your definition of "wrong" is too punitive

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Diggs played well, drew some DPIs, and got constantly mauled a bunch by the crappy Browns corners that he was blowing by with no flags, and with Keenum being blind the other half of the time.

After watching Fuller against this Seattle D, I can say he is impressively fast. Houston has these nice go routes for him, and has a good thing going when combined with Watson's yolo throws and Safetys underestimating him. It feels like the only reason he's not their true WR2 is because they use him on punt returns which they really shouldn't to save his energy for plays and to limit injury risk.

Both are decent weekly plays and conditionally very good plays.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'd rather be right with the wrong decision than wrong with the right decision

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Poque posted:

I'd rather be right with the wrong decision than wrong with the right decision

The real reason Trump is president.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Welp that'll do it for me in my bml time to focus on other leagues

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Oh cool that was BEFORE yet another 72 yard td pass by Watson lmao

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Was that last TD pass from Watson sideways? If so, it will be changed to a rush for Hopkins. They didn't show a good angle on redzone.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
If there’s any light at the end of the tunnel for Diggs owners it’s that Teddy Bridgewater is supposed to start after the bye.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I feel like people forget that Bridgewater is extremely average

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

the_american_dream posted:

before his leg was nearly amputated as well

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

the_american_dream posted:

Well case Keemun is extremely below average

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Guys, I decided to do a little something I call an Absurdity Check. I looked at a couple of quarterbacks and I tried to decide if they are underrated or overrated. I really found looking at Tom Brady and Alex Smith to be interesting. I'm curious about what you guys think of my assessments. I kind of feel like I might be in the minority on both of these.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Sweeper posted:

Well case Keemun is extremely below average

Ok but my point is not really sure Diggs will just start lighting it up. Iirc Bridgewater was pretty conservative too

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Bridgewater is average, but Case Keenum is mediocre

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

So is Bryant just done now with JuJu going off? Probably going to drop him unless there’s rumor of a trade.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I think it's way more fun to have a lovely team that inexplicably keeps winning rather than a team that dominates the entire season. I have one of the latter and two of the former and the former give me much more joy when I win.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Butker vs KC Defense and I'm up 11. Defenses in my league start at 20 and lose a ton of points based on yards given up and points give up plus standard scoring. I think I"m screwed.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
so would I be crazy to just drop delanie walker and keep running doyle at TE? Safety blanket for bad qb on a bad team can be a consistent point scorer

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

It was supposed to be a good week. Everything went ao wrong.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I'm down 24.4. I have Kareem Hunt and the KC D/ST, my opponent has Bennie Fowler. The dream is alive...

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Good news Goons,

Despite me having the 12th waiver I was able to grab Evan Engram off the wire by adding a KC player because they play tonight.

Praise be to ESPNs weird player locking rules and my league having a 3 day waiver period for some God only knows reason.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I just picked up Greg the Leg that same way.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Any Colts fans know if Matthias Farley got hurt yesterday or was inactive? I refuse to believe my most consistent IDP player did 0 of anything yesterday.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

DariusLikewise posted:

Any Colts fans know if Matthias Farley got hurt yesterday or was inactive? I refuse to believe my most consistent IDP player did 0 of anything yesterday.

I was wondering the same thing. He really pissed me off.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Deshaun Watson is the truth.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I had a chance to pick up Watson after his first good game and decided not to :(

e: looking at the Waiver Wire, Juju and Doyle are both available. Worth dropping Davante Adams, Jermaine Kearse, and/or Corey Davis for either?

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 30, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

IcePhoenix posted:

I had a chance to pick up Watson after his first good game and decided not to :(

e: looking at the Waiver Wire, Juju and Doyle are both available. Worth dropping Davante Adams, Jermaine Kearse, and/or Corey Davis for either?

As did I.

I was also ahead the curve by picking up Fuller the week before he came back.

Then I over thought things and jumped on the Doctson will be the 2nd half Jesus bandwagon and dropped Fuller to get him the night before his first game back. :cry:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I'm rolling in my BML now but it's mainly because someone smarter than me in here a few weeks ago told me to stand pat on my roster.

I did and things are moving along but now others in my league are starting to panic so I'm thinking of trying to move M. Thomas & Ajayi/Collins for a RB2 (and to split up my Saints).

Current roster 12 man 0 ppr:
QB: Wilson
RB: Bell, Ingram, Ajayi, Collins, McGuire, Conner (our WW is barren and I'll hold him for a handcuff)
WR: Julio, Thomas, R. Matthews, Doctson, Stills, Amendola
TE: Graham

Should I start looking to move those guys to solidfy my starting line up even more?

If yes, what type of value should I be looking at in return?

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Up 13.5 with their KC Def left. :ohdear:

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
I am 2-5 and sitting in last place, but I've managed to score the most points this week, more than anyone has scored all year so far.

Im beating my opponent by 11 points and he still has KC's K and Denver's DEF.

FML

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I am the grim reaper of WRs this season.

Odell Beckham Jr. - RIP ankle
Jordy Nelson - effective RIP via Aaron Rodgers collarbone
T.Y. Hilton - effective RIP via Brissett sucking and schedule and now trade rumors
Golden Tate - AC joint sprain
Willie Snead - continuous RIP
Sammy Watkins - effective RIP via who knows
Chris Hogan - hasn't been the same since the rib injury, and now has shoulder in a sling
Stefon Diggs - groin injury but is hopefully back now
Pierre Garcon - neck injury via running into the Eagles defensive coach I can't even make this stuff up

who's next, i.e. the only playable WR I have left?

Will Fuller V. Sorry in advance :(

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Are you in a six team league? What the hell.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Hilton, Garcon, and Hogan would not have been drafted high if his draft was early August or somethin

Lol if you drafted Hilton high at all

vvvv makes way more sense

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure he's talking about multiple leagues my friend.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

RCarr posted:

I'm pretty sure he's talking about multiple leagues my friend.

I forgot that was an option :downs:

I gave up on all but one awhile back and it's been helpful for my sanity, but in seasons like this when you get outrageously screwed by scheduling it's completely maddening

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I just need Kelce to outscore Hunt by 1 in 1PPR. I'm not confident.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
My 2-5 work league team is up by 30 over the first place team and my opponent only has one player left to play... so I'd like to congratulate all the Kareem Hunt owners in advance for his impending 200 yard, 4 TD performance tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

pubic works project posted:

I just need Kelce to outscore Hunt by 1 in 1PPR. I'm not confident.

I'm okay with this as long as they combine for like 40+ again.

• Locked thread