Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's going to win this mess?
This poll is closed.
Our New Canadian Overlords 19 35.19%
East Hartford FC 0 0%
Better World Cup Odds Than the USMNT 3 5.56%
28-3 4 7.41%
gently caress Anthony Precourt 9 16.67%
Our DV8 Doesn't Have a Brass Pole in It 5 9.26%
We're Not Repeating, Don't Vote for Us 5 9.26%
That Other...OTHER Canadian Team 2 3.70%
Only Palatable with Vodka 3 5.56%
Rock You Like a Hurrica...nevermind 3 5.56%
We Have the *Best* Luck in Away Knockout Games 0 0%
gently caress Chris Wondolowski for Belgium 1 1.85%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

whypick1 posted:

Alonso and Svennson on the bench, no VRod in the 18 and of course no Clint tonight.

Praying for a scoreless draw.

Its okay we all know Freddy Montero can't score in a Sounders playoff match!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Jack2142 posted:

Its okay we all know Freddy Montero can't score in a Sounders playoff match!

We can only hope.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Jack2142 posted:

Its okay we all know Freddy Montero can't score in a Sounders playoff match FOR THE SOUNDERS!

whypick1 posted:

We can only hope.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dammit Shipp

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

go whitecaps i guess

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
go Canada, death to amerika

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Twellman is not at all bitter about the USMNT

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dammit crossbar :argh:

Would've been the perfect time for Watson's second playoff goal.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
old astroturf-rear end turf

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
This game got exciting.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Somebody in the bar I'm watching this in just bought a round of fireball for the bar. I'll cheers it to Seattle whose flag I got by mistake instead of SKC.

Sidenote: fireball is the loving worst.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The Fireball is probably palatable than this game though...

...still better than SKC-HOU was.

vvv ditto

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 30, 2017

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

TwoStepBoog posted:

Somebody in the bar I'm watching this in just bought a round of fireball for the bar. I'll cheers it to Seattle whose flag I got by mistake instead of SKC.

Sidenote: fireball is the loving worst.

I like to use fireball as a spike in cider. Not so harsh then

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

I'd take a few fireballs over that SKC-HOU game anytime, good lord.

Also, gonna need a replay of the pass to Shea where he got hit by the ball and fell over.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Fireball just reminds me of Freshman year of College, its loving horrible but so many people drank it for some reason...

Spiking apple cider is pretty much the only way to make it decent though.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Caps not playing to their strengths because Seattle are defending.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

There's a few freshman liquors I think everyone can't stand once they get out of college.
Fireball, Rumplemintz, Jager, the cheapest plastic bottle vodka you can get the 21 year old to buy you, etc
I also have Jack on that list

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

TwoStepBoog posted:

Also, gonna need a replay of the pass to Shea where he got hit by the ball and fell over.

Easily the highlight of the half for me.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
impressive confidence and skills by Waston to clear things out by banking the ball off the crossbar

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

TwoStepBoog posted:

https://twitter.com/GolazoJuice/status/924804647600164864

TwoStepBoog posted:

There's a few freshman liquors I think everyone can't stand once they get out of college.
Fireball, Rumplemintz, Jager, the cheapest plastic bottle vodka you can get the 21 year old to buy you, etc
I also have Jack on that list

The last time I had Jager (~4 years ago) I literally said to my table "Ugh, I am not in college anymore"...and I wound up taking the leftover shot as well because everyone else was being a wuss about it.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Lmao thanks

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
congrats to Giovinco for winning the highest Audi Performance Index score award, truly a great honor

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:siren: AN ACTUAL SHOT ON GOAL :siren:

I was wondering how the hell we won a header until I saw Marshall was on the other end of it.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Okay I am ready to try a tactic that is not Joevin crosses.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Goddamn Nouhou, keep that arm down please.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Chad :ohdear:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Start throwing punches Whitecaps.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Announcer wasnt kidding about these teams hating each other

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Think Nouhou may need to stay out. Bad timing, we're at 10 men.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

two bad teams

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
someone score and put us out of our misery tia

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Azerban posted:

two bad teams

Reigning mls champ :smugdog:

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

got any sevens posted:

Reigning mls champ :smugdog:

won anything lately?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Sorry everyone who watched that game.

But on the upside

whypick1 posted:

Praying for a scoreless draw.

:toot:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Would have loved an away goal but I'll take that.

Looking forward to the return leg when Dempsey is back.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
Get rid of 2 leg series. Awful garbage.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

DR AIDS posted:

Get rid of 2 leg series. Awful garbage.

There have been rumors recently that they’re gonna move to knockout style throughout the playoffs, and god drat I hope they implement it ASAP

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

As a long time whitecaps fan this was a super disappointing match. Playing not to lose is a disservice to the fans most of whom would rather lose an exciting game with opportunities than nil tie a poo poo game.

Also, I get Davies is young and maybe not a starter but not even a sub? And Shea, who apparently saw an ant and died a couple times tonight, is a daily starter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Well, that was a game that happened. I am slightly scared of admire all you people who actually managed to watch and post through it instead of giving up halfway through and leaving it on in the background while playing TW Warhammer like me.

squirrelzipper posted:

As a long time whitecaps fan this was a super disappointing match. Playing not to lose is a disservice to the fans most of whom would rather lose an exciting game with opportunities than nil tie a poo poo game.

I mean I'm glad they didn't concede an away goal but man was that awful to sit through. It also means we have to win (well, or score-draw) away in Seattle, which is POSSIBLE but Robbo will definitely have to start a more attacking lineup and hope Reyna just had a bad game and isn't actually injured.

quote:

Also, I get Davies is young and maybe not a starter but not even a sub?

And Shea, who apparently saw an ant and died a couple times tonight, is a daily starter.

These two facts are related and I hate them both. I don't get Shea being a starter except in the sense that there isn't really anyone else for that left-sided attacking midfield spot besides Davies (maybe Techera, or Teibert if years of being inexplicably played as a CM hasn't broken him)

camoseven posted:

There have been rumors recently that they’re gonna move to knockout style throughout the playoffs, and god drat I hope they implement it ASAP

I too have heard this may happen starting next year (along with extending the regular season so playoffs only start after the November international break, so the season will still end in december but playoffs take half as much time), and as much as I think two-legged series are "fairer" I cannot bloody wait for it. The knockout-round games have consistently been the most exciting of the playoffs, so sure, let's do that all the way through. You want home playoff games, win in the regular season.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 30, 2017

• Locked thread