Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Alexander Hamilton posted:

"Take off that vest, you look like Aladdin"

I like the vest.

I couldn't pull off the lipstick though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

What if Justice League was in a color other than red?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Apparently the whole thing with Diana walking away from mankind for a century has been retconned out.

From an interview with Gadot:

quote:

None of us knew exactly, exactly, the back story of Wonder Woman. And once they decided to shoot the solo movie for Wonder Woman and we started to dig in to understand the core of this character, we realized that, actually, there is no way that Wonder Woman would ever give up on mankind.

The reason why she left the island was because she wanted to make their lives better and safer—they are her calling. So, I’m giving you a very honest answer, but it was—sometimes in a creative process, you establish something that is not necessarily the right decision, but then you can always correct it and change it. So Wonder Woman will always be there, as far as she’s concerned, for mankind.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 28, 2017

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Mr. Apollo posted:

Apparently the whole thing with Diana walking away from mankind for a century has been retconned out.

From and interview with Gadot:

I'm glad they're not tying themselves down with bullshit. Who cares, it makes sense in context of Beavis and it doesn't matter if it changes in other movies.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

DeimosRising posted:

it makes sense in context of Beavis

What am I missing here?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Habibi posted:

What am I missing here?

Butthead?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
So who's Daria?

Violator
May 15, 2003

Habibi posted:

What am I missing here?

For some reason people here call BvS “Beavis” and Man of Steel “Moss”. I don’t know why but it bothers me to no end. :p

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Violator posted:

For some reason people here call BvS “Beavis” and Man of Steel “Moss”. I don’t know why but it bothers me to no end. :p

If you pronounce the letters b v and s quickly it kinda sounds like Beavis, hth.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://twitter.com/KEVINTOMIRANDA/status/924276464576589826

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/dceufacts/status/924454850556977152

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Batman is like "come on moooom I don't want to take a picture."

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Textless version of that magazine cover:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

teagone posted:

That's perfect as Desktop background

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

teagone posted:

Hm. Wonder why they did a take on this:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Hm. Wonder why they did a take on this:

Is this good? That creator combo is always gold.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

UmOk posted:

Is this good? That creator combo is always gold.

It kicks fuckin' rear end. The only thing bad about Morrison's run on JLA is the art of Howard Porter.

Man, Superman here looks like John Cena for some reason.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

teagone posted:

It just does not feel right with out the Green Man.

Also if they had to have a black super hero I would have preferred John Steward or Mr Terrific. Don't care much for Cyborg or DC's obsession with pushing him.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Oct 30, 2017

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I think John Stewart is confirmed to be in the Green Latern Corps movie though, right? Thought I read somewhere him and Hal Jordan are going to be in it, and it's going to be like Training Day in space. Or maybe some goon just made that up. I forget.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Honestly all of the talk of "if they had to have a black man" and "they only push Cyborg because he's black" and "why didn't they use X black character, he's one of the good ones" comes off as racist to me.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Man, Superman here looks like John Cena for some reason.

It's because you can't see him in the magzine cover. :haw:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I kind of want to compare DCAU Superman with John Cena's appearance in Scooby-Doo now.

He fits in oddly well with the Scooby Gang. Almost as well as Johnny Bravo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Honestly all of the talk of "if they had to have a black man" and "they only push Cyborg because he's black" and "why didn't they use X black character, he's one of the good ones" comes off as racist to me.

They are only pushing Cyborg because he is black and he is decently recognizable cause he was on TV (On a totally different team.) that is a fact.

The only reason they are not using John Steward in a lot of cases is because they want to use Hal Jordan instead.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MonsterEnvy posted:

They are only pushing Cyborg because he is black and he is decently recognizable cause he was on TV (On a totally different team.) that is a fact.

Actually is because Cyborg is a favorite of Johns due being one of the few Detroit based superheroes on DC's roster.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Actually is because Cyborg is a favorite of Johns due being one of the few Detroit based superheroes on DC's roster.

Ok then that is three reasons. Favortism another thing that does not make me like pushed characters more.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

MonsterEnvy posted:

Ok then that is three reasons. Favortism another thing that does not make me like pushed characters more.

yeah how dare dc try to spotlight a different black character, your nostalgia is more important.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

The only reason they are not using John Steward in a lot of cases is because they want to use Hal Jordan instead.

Oh no, the horrors, the studio wanted some diversity in their cast, won't someone please think of the white people, now only 4/6ths of the JLA are white!

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I have had enough of easily offended PC snowflakes forcing their PC-ness on my serious movies about grown men in tights! First they came for Heimdall, then they made Spider-man black, and now CYBORG is in justice league?! A black man in a team of aliens, fishmen and godesses made of clay?! How prepostrous and unrealistic!

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

McCloud posted:

I have had enough of easily offended PC snowflakes forcing their PC-ness on my serious movies about grown men in tights! First they came for Heimdall, then they made Spider-man black, and now CYBORG is in justice league?! A black man in a team of aliens, fishmen and godesses made of clay?! How prepostrous and unrealistic!

No, no, I totally like black people, I just think they’re interchangeable! :downs:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

That flash costume is a loving abortion

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Equeen posted:

yeah how dare dc try to spotlight a different black character, your nostalgia is more important.

Homie they don't push John Stewart because of Geoff Johns' nostalgia hard on for Hal Jordan, and the same goes for a lot of their bad decisions in the last decade

Like the other guy sucks and makes bad arguments but also cyborg sucks and they have a black character with just as much visibility who they are skipping over so they can use a white guy instead

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

McCloud posted:

Oh no, the horrors, the studio wanted some diversity in their cast, won't someone please think of the white people, now only 4/6ths of the JLA are white!

[pretend I pasted in some diatribe about whether or not Israelis are white]

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Neither Hal Jordan nor John Stewart is in this film because Green Lantern sank like a loving brick.

And yeah, discussing which of the non-white DC characters should get the black person slot on the Justice League is weird.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Perhaps, but it's mostly just cynicism because you know hollywood makes calculations and considerations like that

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

josh04 posted:

Neither Hal Jordan nor John Stewart is in this film because Green Lantern sank like a loving brick.

And yeah, discussing which of the non-white DC characters should get the black person slot on the Justice League is weird.

No secret that one of the ulterior motives for JL is to reinvigorate excitement for the Green Lantern brand.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Zzulu posted:

Perhaps, but it's mostly just cynicism because you know hollywood makes calculations and considerations like that

Here's my counter to that: Who gives a poo poo why they do it, as long as they do it? I couldn't care less that the reason for networks including non-stereotypical gay characters in their shows is because of a cynical attempt to tap into the lgbt demographics, because the net effect is still that lgbt characters get a more varied representation in media, which is a big deal for us.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That flash costume is a loving abortion

It's like 9/11 x 10 Holocausts.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That Flash costume makes 9/11 look like 9/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

josh04 posted:

Also thematically it's because GL is a regular dude with a fancy piece of tech which means he's competing with Batman for that space in a movie that is partly going to be about the rise of literal superhumans over metaphorical ones

Green Lantern makes more sense than fuckin cyborg on the justice league though in general