Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Trump is still happening though, that episode will be distributed by the wasteland podcasting courier service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Latest episode had one hell of a twist.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do the advertisers pay more if the ad lasts for five minutes?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What happened to Dave?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What happened to Dave?

It sounds like he's bummed out about taking peoples healthcare away but instead of manning up to it he's claiming it's some hypothetical person. Own up to your healthcare thievery, Dave.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Protip: don't google the dude from the latest episode and check out his wikipedia page unless you want to be haunted forever.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Do not listen to the new episode while eating :barf:

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
I had heard about the story about this screwball guy that kept his dead bride around long after she died, but i hadn't known the details until today. Holy poo poo, what a ride. What has to break in your brain for you to obsess over a woman, to the point you're loving a corpse?

Anyway, i hope episode 300 is J Edgar Hoover. A Trump episode is a little on the nose. Wait till after his presidency.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

oh dope posted:

I had heard about the story about this screwball guy that kept his dead bride around long after she died, but i hadn't known the details until today. Holy poo poo, what a ride. What has to break in your brain for you to obsess over a woman, to the point you're loving a corpse?

Anyway, i hope episode 300 is J Edgar Hoover. A Trump episode is a little on the nose. Wait till after his presidency.

She wasn't his bride. By all accounts she didn't even have any romantic interest in him.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
History's first fleshlight?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
La Boda de Negra = Black Wedding

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Sometimes the Dollop is pure hilarity, like The Rube

Other times, :yikes:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
edited for Carl Tanzler spoilers I guess

loving a corpse is really awful.

Loving a corpse is somehow much, much worse.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
im the women swooning over how romantic it is for a man to take a sip of wine and force it into a dead person's mouth while kissing her

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

LentThem posted:

im the women swooning over how romantic it is for a man to take a sip of wine and force it into a dead person's mouth while kissing her

after being exposed to school shooter fandom culture this hardly even phases me

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I really enjoy this podcast a ton. I'm glad I finally found it, and it was totally on accident too because the first episode I listened to was the one about Killdozer (that was one of the ones that got hidden). What was the resolution to that? Was there anything that happened or did Dave just start listing his sources better?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
He used the power of Squarespace: http://the-dollop-sources.squarespace.com/

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
During this week's episode, I couldn't help but think that it was the story of every D&D adventure that fizzles out after the first session

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Invisible ink is just lemon juice. You reveal it by holding it over a lightbulb.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I just started listening to this. It’s quite good. I have a couple questions.

1. Did anyone else think that in the Boston Corbett episode, the old guy who claimed to be John Wilkes Booth and turned into a cursed mummy was going to turn out to be Boston Corbett?

2. What are the best episodes for new listeners? The OP has some suggestions but it is from 2014 and I’m not sure those episodes are stil representitive.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Ariong posted:

1. Did anyone else think that in the Boston Corbett episode, the old guy who claimed to be John Wilkes Booth and turned into a cursed mummy was going to turn out to be Boston Corbett?

2. What are the best episodes for new listeners? The OP has some suggestions but it is from 2014 and I’m not sure those episodes are stil representitive.

Pages 42 - 43 of this thread are nothing but good episode recommendations

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Ariong posted:

Page 42 and 43 are suggestions that I asked for and they are all incredible.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Listen to them all. I think the only one I skipped had truly awful sound quality.

Here's a cute picture of Gareth's seal

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRRzUToDH5L/

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Episode 247 Falling Pilot is indescribably good. It's actually really intense and kept me on the edge of my seat.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

waffles beyond waffles posted:

Listen to them all. I think the only one I skipped had truly awful sound quality.

lol that instagram account is almost all Jose

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

waffles beyond waffles posted:

:eyepop: They've mentioned that the cat was fat before, but I was not prepared.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've seen fatter celebrity cats.

https://www.instagram.com/beanstheorangecat/

Apparently, Beans gained back all her weight after stopping the 5-2 diet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYqphYFFC8M

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

SalTheBard posted:

Page 42 and 43 are suggestions that I asked for and they are all incredible.

Good suggestions on those pages, but the Pedestrianism episode was left out. Easily one of my top five.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
My go-to intro episodes are The Death of George Washington and The Straw Hat Riot. The Straw Hat Riot especially is packed with historical wackiness right from the start.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I recently relistened to a bunch of episodes and want to recommend one that no one seems to talk about : Episode 113 - Reg Spiers, about the loving dunce who decided to mail himself to the olympics. Its hilarious.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My go-to is Ep 193: When The Cars Came

Also The Mad Gasser, and The Newport Sex Scandal and Jet Packs

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Franchescanado posted:

My go-to is Ep 193: When The Cars Came

Also The Mad Gasser, and The Newport Sex Scandal and Jet Packs

I haven't listened to Mad Gasser but all of those are awesome as well! Especially Jet Packs!!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard posted:

I haven't listened to Mad Gasser but all of those are awesome as well! Especially Jet Packs!!

The Mad Gasser was a personal revelation for understanding human psychology and why we're doomed.

It's about group hysteria and mass delusion overtaking an entire town

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Franchescanado posted:

The Mad Gasser was a personal revelation for understanding human psychology and why we're doomed.

It's about group hysteria and mass delusion overtaking an entire town

O poo poo so it's like "Comet Panic" then?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard posted:

O poo poo so it's like "Comet Panic" then?

Yes, but I think The Mad Gasser is much much better.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

For mass hysteria episodes, The Airships of 1896 is hilarious and bizarre.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

My go-to intro episodes are The Death of George Washington and The Straw Hat Riot. The Straw Hat Riot especially is packed with historical wackiness right from the start.
If I've learned anything from The Dollop, it's just how big a deal hats are.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
The NYT reporting about the lost hats during the Brooklyn Bridge panic is great.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Lord Hydronium posted:

For mass hysteria episodes, The Airships of 1896 is hilarious and bizarre.

That episode was amazing as well!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

My go-to (after The Rube) is The Witch of Wall Street - that's the one that got me hooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

That was a good dollop