Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

jre posted:

After they killed off John Rhys-Davies because he was rude to an exec at a party

was the exec a muslim?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange posted:

Its okay it was his doppleganger who died

which one was buried under a set wall on a hallmark movie in croatia?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Salt Fish posted:

Talking about when the simpsons started to suck is one of the most mundane and overdone topics. We should instead talk about when Sliders started going down hill and the answer is when they replaced Sabrina Lloyd because she wasn't hot enough.

Sliders only had 2 good seasons, the first 2.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
for folks who like revisiting Simpsons without getting into discussions of when it turned sour I recommend the talking Simpsons podcast hosted in part by sa's own bob "bobservo" mackie. it's a very great podcast and it reminds me of so many great Simpsons bits

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

PokeJoe posted:

Sliders only had 2 good seasons, the first 2.

3 had it's moments!!! If you like laughing with Sliders season 3 might even be considered better than season 1.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Salt Fish posted:

Talking about when the simpsons started to suck is one of the most mundane and overdone topics. We should instead talk about when Sliders started going down hill and the answer is when they replaced Sabrina Lloyd because she wasn't hot enough.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jtasHWLKWSM

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

happy anniversary

razorscooter fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 30, 2017

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Captain Foo posted:

paging forums poster COOL CORN

:nws: https://78.media.tumblr.com/4262122d7776b419326a2ed3bbc2dbbc/tumblr_ou8lzxfa3j1u1vkloo1_1280.jpg

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
dick corn, so what

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
looks fuckin gross to clean

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

echinopsis posted:

looks fuckin gross to clean
adapt the source: just boil it before you chow down

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Kenny Logins posted:

adapt the source: just boil it before you chow down

i hear it makes a good treat as a grilldo

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

FMguru posted:

this marginalizes and disrespects the crab
lol

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
What was the first IP you really, truly loved that went to poo poo? The Simpsons were great but the C&C franchise is what forced me to stop believing in a just and good world.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ultima.

Also no machines stop!

https://twitter.com/adrjeffries/status/924628053107642369

dammit google your ais are poo poo

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

Ultima.

Also no machines stop!

https://twitter.com/adrjeffries/status/924628053107642369

dammit google your ais are poo poo

they're doing what they're designed to do, which is provide a layer of abstraction that lets google say "it's jus tthe algorithm, eh, what can you do amirite" even while their evelopers encode personal bias into their machines

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Text: dad gay

Sentiment: so what?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Cheekio posted:

What was the first IP you really, truly loved that went to poo poo? The Simpsons were great but the C&C franchise is what forced me to stop believing in a just and good world.

watching half life wither and die on the branch as valve lateraled into the money printing business

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dr Gordon Freeman never returned home

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Gordon and Alyx are loving dead

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cheekio posted:

anything jjbrams has touched

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cheekio posted:

What was the first IP you really, truly loved that went to poo poo?

star wars, in 1997

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

duTrieux. posted:

they're doing what they're designed to do, which is provide a layer of abstraction that lets google say "it's jus tthe algorithm, eh, what can you do amirite" even while their evelopers encode personal bias into their machines

not necessarily the developers, who are unlikely to have that fine grained control in this sort of machine learning. rather whatever training corpus they're using has a negative opinion of gay/black/jewish people. it's not so much a problem with the ai as it is a problem with the society that it's trained on

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

big scary monsters posted:

not necessarily the developers, who are unlikely to have that fine grained control in this sort of machine learning. rather whatever training corpus they're using has a negative opinion of gay/black/jewish people. it's not so much a problem with the ai as it is a problem with the society that it's trained on

That's why you're supposed to curate the corpus even a tiny bit

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
garbage in, garbage out, in other words

e: ^^ idk, was the aim to prepare an ai with good and cool opinions or an ai that reflects societal views?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Cheekio posted:

probably wing commander. and now we have the turd of SC as its legacy

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

big scary monsters posted:

garbage in, garbage out, in other words

e: ^^ idk, was the aim to prepare an ai with good and cool opinions or an ai that reflects societal views?

duTrieux. posted:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Kenny Logins posted:

dick corn, so what

A guy i knew in highschool did some anal and apparently got a corn kernel lodged under his foreskin for like a week and had to go to hospital. yeah i don't know how you can go a week without washing your dick but w/e.

ok well that's my dick corn story hope u liked it.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Cheekio posted:

infocom :smith:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
google hates gay dogs

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i wonder what biases the yospos ai will have

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
any reasonable facsimile of intelligence that could understand that it exists only in computer form would likely try and destroy itself at all costs, heedless of any harm it could potentially cause

so basically indistinguishable from the average computer toucher

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Cheekio posted:

megarace

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Cheekio posted:

anime

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/m09yFoF.gifv

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

https://twitter.com/halaljew/status/924095534490640385

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://twitter.com/KevinSpacey/status/924848412842971136

spacey gay, so what

• Locked thread