Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

there's a lot of infighting over the Traditionalist Worker Party in Tennessee and I don't have time to keep up with it today but here's a slice:

https://twitter.com/don_chump/status/924764217898651655

Golden State Skinheads is a group the TWP worked with at a Sacramento rally last year when a bunch of anti-fascists organized by BAMN got stabbed / brained in the head with sticks. Nationalist Front (NF) is the name of the coalition that rallied over the weekend with TWP, League of the South, etc.

Who the Hell is Willie Jo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the Nov. 4 thing also reminds me of pre-clickbait forms of advertising like "The THING is coming.... on Nov. 4."

like in a local newspaper or on local TV.

and everyone in town gets hyped about THE THING and it turns out to be a new vacuum cleaner at the local appliances store.

actually, wasn't the segway one of these? IT IS COMING. AND WILL CHANGE THE WORLD. WHAT IS ... IT?

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Who the Hell is Willie Jo?
William Johnson of the American Freedom Party maybe? :shrug:

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 00:53 on Oct 30, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Wikipedia says he spent 2k dollars robocalling Utah voters to tell them Evan McMullin is a homosexual, so apparently he's got money to burn. I don't see anything about just how rich he is though. He is an attorney so apparently he's made some money.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

the Nov. 4 thing also reminds me of pre-clickbait forms of advertising like "The THING is coming.... on Nov. 4."

and everyone in town gets hyped about THE THING and it turns out to be a new vacuum cleaner at the local appliances store.

actually, wasn't the segway one of these? IT IS COMING. AND WILL CHANGE THE WORLD. WHAT IS ... IT?

Like Julian Assange's bombshell on Hillary that turned out to be his book shill.

Waffle House has issued a correction as of 02:50 on Oct 30, 2017

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Wealth inequality allows even middling wealthy people to exert disproportionate impact upon the world cf. Stephen Paddock.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Wikipedia says he spent 2k dollars robocalling Utah voters to tell them Evan McMullin is a homosexual,

The GBS dream

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

GABBO IS COMING

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

I remember that thing debuting on Good Morning America and the sheer confusion was pretty great.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
in 5 days the nazis will be crowing over it about how Posting saved america from antifa the same way it waved america from jade helm

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
its funny how jade helm was designed to simulate and facilitate the us foreverwar in the mena but by some accident of politics it got sabotaged by the very same troop respecters

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

accident of politics
oops the president was black

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Dairy Days posted:

oops the president was black

there are three things to take away from the last year

the first is that the piss tape is real

the second is that it's always appropriate to punch a nazi

the third is that white people are racist as gently caress

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Dreddout posted:

The GBS dream

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I love that I don't even have to be in these groups proper to get secondhand comedy posts:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Waffle House posted:

I love that I don't even have to be in these groups proper to get secondhand comedy posts:

Future mass shooter.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Future mass shooter.

How did you tell?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

GABBO IS COMING
lmao

Ague Proof posted:

How did you tell?
you jest but in all seriousness it's the dead stare and the part about ascending to godhood during an orgy of apocalyptic violence that also results in his own death

i'm pretty sure elliot rodger did the same thing in one of his "elliot rodger style" YT vids

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 06:58 on Oct 30, 2017

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

lmao

you jest but in all seriousness it's the dead stare and the part about ascending to godhood during an orgy of apocalyptic violence that also results in his own death

idk, he doesnt really have the hair for it. otoh, this guy;

this guy is gonna trigger some leftists (with guns stolen from his parents)

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

in all seriousness it's the dead stare and the part about ascending to godhood during an orgy of apocalyptic violence that also results in his own death

getting mass murdered is worse than getting normally murdered if for no other reason than going out by way of total lamewad

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

to be shot down with indifference by a unbalanced individual with all the cerebral contextualization of a stress eater downing the second half of a case of donuts , to die a real american death

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Back in the good ol' days we had serial killers that put time and effort into their murders.

Nowadays we just have mass shooters looking for a cheap thrill.

Killing people has become too mundane

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Weev's got a "ask me anything" going over at good ol' kiwi farms.

Some choice puppetmaster(bate)ry:

quote:

quote:

AnOminous said: ↑

What did you ever see in Shanley Kane? Was she a total freak in the sack or something? Because I'm just not seeing the attraction.

You're missing the point entirely. It wasn't about attraction. It was about utility. I was banned from computers and I wanted to continue my work for a dialectic that ended in fascism. If I couldn't work as a direct actor, I needed to create proxies. So I took a bunch of women, trained them in Internet trolling, multivariate testing, choice modeling, and liferuining, and I created a new face of cultural Marxism.

Before this era, it was quietly done in HR departments. You'd get fired for bullshit reasons, or passed over for promotions indefinitely for having wrongthink. Only if you were a very visible executive person like Brendan Eich would you ever see it. That doesn't motivate people into action.

So I needed really bad actors running around in public getting people fired, trying to enforce an agenda on things like technology and video games for crowdfunding and media spectacle. They needed to generate a lot of collateral damage, get in a lot of people's faces, and convince them to fight back.

It worked better than I could have possibly imagined. It turns out telling people the merits of fascism isn't as effective at generating fascists as an obnoxious Patreon collector getting their friends fired from their jobs or demanding that video game protagonists all get turned into black genderqueer midgets. Shanley happened to be the highest ratio of collateral damage so a mob of my friends demanded of me that I do something specific to disable her, so I took her off of the board. The rest I put on the board live in permanent fear that I will give them the Shanley treatment as well.

I really don't need to go into how crazy delusional hosed this is, hopefully that just stands on it's own.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Shanley was born to be Shanley.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Dreddout posted:

Back in the good ol' days we had serial killers that put time and effort into their murders.

Nowadays we just have mass shooters looking for a cheap thrill.

Killing people has become too mundane

I maintain that the shootings ought to be hushed up in national news and specials run that poke fun of the shooters for being the lamest motherfuckers on earth who should be forgotten at earliest possible convenience.

Take the belief that going out shooting immortalizes you out of the equation, see if it helps.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
It helps but the media doesn't want to do that. They want to be able to cover it for 24 hours a day and for everyone in the world to know the killer's shoe size.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

what is the connection between weev and shanley

can I not continue to enjoy her insanely good tweets

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

LordSaturn posted:

He abused her for a while when they were dating

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

papa_november posted:

You're missing the point entirely. It wasn't about attraction. It was about utility. I was banned from computers and I wanted to continue my work for a dialectic that ended in fascism. If I couldn't work as a direct actor, I needed to create proxies. So I took a bunch of women, trained them in Internet trolling, multivariate testing, choice modeling, and liferuining, and I created a new face of cultural Marxism.

Before this era, it was quietly done in HR departments. You'd get fired for bullshit reasons, or passed over for promotions indefinitely for having wrongthink. Only if you were a very visible executive person like Brendan Eich would you ever see it. That doesn't motivate people into action.

So I needed really bad actors running around in public getting people fired, trying to enforce an agenda on things like technology and video games for crowdfunding and media spectacle. They needed to generate a lot of collateral damage, get in a lot of people's faces, and convince them to fight back.

It worked better than I could have possibly imagined. It turns out telling people the merits of fascism isn't as effective at generating fascists as an obnoxious Patreon collector getting their friends fired from their jobs or demanding that video game protagonists all get turned into black genderqueer midgets. Shanley happened to be the highest ratio of collateral damage so a mob of my friends demanded of me that I do something specific to disable her, so I took her off of the board. The rest I put on the board live in permanent fear that I will give them the Shanley treatment as well.

I really don't need to go into how crazy delusional hosed this is, hopefully that just stands on it's own.

well thats one way to rationalize an ex i guess

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

papa_november posted:

[/quote]

lol, okay buddy

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

papa_november posted:

grooming women in the sacred erotic art of shitposting

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

LordSaturn posted:

imagine mandy and shmorky with the politics flipped around

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Tias posted:

I maintain that the shootings ought to be hushed up in national news and specials run that poke fun of the shooters for being the lamest motherfuckers on earth who should be forgotten at earliest possible convenience.

Take the belief that going out shooting immortalizes you out of the equation, see if it helps.

Everybody's already forgotten about the Vegas shooting, so I don't buy for a second that anybody is being "immortalized" from the news cycle wringing every bit of info it can for about 2-3 days before moving on to the next point of interest. The only thing keeping it fresh in peoples' minds are the dumbass #vegasstrong ads.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
whos shalney

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/10/16/birth-of-a-white-supremacist

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They’re all literally just disgusting nerds who went too far with internet poo poo. Edgelords inevitably edge into fascism.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

quote:

According to the rules of online debate in the Right Stuff’s “Essential T.R.S. Troll Guide,” which I hadn’t read at the time, Enoch had won our exchange by default, because he had written fewer words and maintained his ironic detachment, whereas I had committed the greatest possible faux pas: letting myself be “triggered” into displaying emotion.

lmao

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I'm...skeptical...about the whole 'uber troll -> nazism' narrative, for one because it's inherently self-contradictory. You don't reach nazism from a place of ironic detachment, you reach it form the neurotic obsession over the possible threat posed by an Other, for which the only acceptable answer is their death. That's about as 'triggered' as you can get.

One of the therapists mentioned in that article called enoch 'as vulnerable as a peeled grape.', and I think that's more on the money - he's an intensely paranoid person, and the whole irony maneuver isn't a description of what he is, but what he wants to be - a personal fantasy stemming from a wounded ego, possibly mixed in with some self-aggrandizing bullshit ("everyone else is like a religious zealot, but not me, the nazi" is like peak self-serving bullshit from someone incapable of self-reflection).

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

rudatron posted:

I'm...skeptical...about the whole 'uber troll -> nazism' narrative, for one because it's inherently self-contradictory. You don't reach nazism from a place of ironic detachment, you reach it form the neurotic obsession over the possible threat posed by an Other, for which the only acceptable answer is their death. That's about as 'triggered' as you can get.

One of the therapists mentioned in that article called enoch 'as vulnerable as a peeled grape.', and I think that's more on the money - he's an intensely paranoid person, and the whole irony maneuver isn't a description of what he is, but what he wants to be - a personal fantasy stemming from a wounded ego, possibly mixed in with some self-aggrandizing bullshit ("everyone else is like a religious zealot, but not me, the nazi" is like peak self-serving bullshit from someone incapable of self-reflection).

Well, he also spent basically his entire life as a contrarian without any real belief system of his own. He jumped from radical left (Marxism and Trotskyism) to radical right (Nazism), which is one hell of a swing. He didn't really have any overtly racist beliefs until he somehow logicked himself into "People are different, therefore some people are superior, therefore white people are superior." The way the article is written, he chose racism because it was an easy explanation for inequality and he didn't have the knowledge or drive to learn about more complex principles.

It also seems like he was kind of a shithead even before he became a Nazi. He pissed people off because he would try to start arguments for no good reason (probably because he wanted to see himself as superior by "defeating their logic") and ruined his body and mind by filling it with sketchy drugs bought online to cure his eczema. Even if he hadn't been a Nazi, he would have been a dick.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

rudatron posted:

Yeah, the thing about trolls is that they are personally invested in the positions they articulate, but can’t handle the criticism that comes with good-faith engagement. There are never ironic maoists or anti-racists, unless they’re going for a reductio ad absurdum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Alex Jones posted:

You better cover this up somehow, this is coming in now live from my White House source: ladies and gentlemen this is just absolutely bombshell, uh, information, that we have coming in, URGENT, I'm not going to say the source, Paul Manafort and his campaign deputy will be indicted tomorrow morning with a third unidentified person. And the deputy will be Rick Gates so Paul Manafort and Rick Gates will be indicted on the third person the source doesn't know. I'm not going to say who my source is, let's just say it's direct