Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Strawberry Panda posted:

Roque believes he's not.

So he's definitely going there then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

SatoshiMiwa posted:

New Japan/PWG/Indies probably pays way more than a NXT or 205 live deals does but I think 100% Ricochet wants to go to WWE cause it seems like his dream and the only thing stopping it is a low ball NXT or 205 live offer.

Pwg payouts are $20 and a sweet whisper from super dragon

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Pwg payouts are $20 and a sweet whisper from super dragon

I'd hold out for that sweat Pancrase shirt Dave wears to PWG

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I honestly think some wrestlers approach Impact as some type of challenge booking. Its pretty obvious there's a ton of logistical obstacles keeping Impact from doing well but the lure of becoming the next Matt Hardy is there.

That's how loving weird 2017 is.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

For Booker T the challenge was how long he could be paid six figures to ride the attractions at Universal Studios.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Earlier in the thread watching the show and before reading the reviews I thought IMPACT's new format was a flop. The ratings and subsequent reviews back that up

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2017/10/28/impact-hits-misses-1026-company-jeff-jarrett-used-charge-proudly-presents-random-nonsense-two-hours/

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

Earlier in the thread watching the show and before reading the reviews I thought IMPACT's new format was a flop. The ratings and subsequent reviews back that up

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2017/10/28/impact-hits-misses-1026-company-jeff-jarrett-used-charge-proudly-presents-random-nonsense-two-hours/

How bad were the ratings compared to normal?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Their second lowest rating of 2017. Viewership was 231K, down from 267K, a drop of 35K viewers. The rating number also saw a significant drop to 0.04 from 0.07. With supposedly no strong ratings competition that night.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

rovert posted:

Their second lowest rating of 2017. Viewership was 231K, down from 267K, a drop of 35K viewers. The rating number also saw a significant drop to 0.04 from 0.07. With supposedly no strong ratings competition that night.

Anything on television is strong competition to Impact.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

Anything on television is strong competition to Impact.

Test Patterns are strong competition

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

The dropoff from the Y&R rerun that played right before it on POP was even more dramatic. Well over half that audience (500K) tuned out.

Eli Drake as champion is buys

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

rovert posted:

Their second lowest rating of 2017.

So, pretty much like they normally are.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Bound for Glory is a week away, there's no Hall of Fame event, no tickets sold for it and they stopped promoting a HOF induction in July. It was set to be Awesome Kong until Jeff Jarrett fell out of favour. I heard about it in like June and kept quiet about it hoping it would happen.

James Storm, Konnan, Kevin Nash and Jerry Jarrett were names bandied about too. But Kong was the perfect idea to me due to her rival Gail Kim retiring at Bound For Glory, Kong being in a good place with being in GLOW and with the zeitgeist focused on women's Wrestling with the Mae Young Classic also she's one of the few needle movers in company history.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Do TNA HOFers get some sort of Legends contract type deal or is it just "here's a plaque, thanks for coming"?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Do TNA HOFers get some sort of Legends contract type deal or is it just "here's a plaque, thanks for coming"?

What do you think?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Davros1 posted:

What do you think?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Lol I just remembered how angry the Mecca got at AJ disrespecting TNA by wearing that ROH hat!!!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Not that it matters, because it's TNA, but how is Jerry Lynn not in their dumb HOF? Or is he? Dude was a huge cornerstone of the early days.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
do you think AJ Styles ever sits back and realizes he wasted years of his career on a company that booked him as a Faulkerian Idiot Manchild who didn't know how marriage worked for two years

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Look my crack team of scientists* and I have concluded the only way to save TNA...GFW...whatever, especially with Y&R reruns beating them, is to have Y&R invade them.

Think of it. During sweeps weeks the residents of Genoa City go to the until-now unknown wrestling center to watch some Impact wrestling, and then get involved.

Victor could be the new authority figure. Hell make him the new champion after getting into a tag match with E3 against *looks on wikipedia to see who champ is* Eli Drake and someone else.

Someone email Jim Cornette with this please

*A half bottle of Rum

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

do you think AJ Styles ever sits back and realizes he wasted years of his career on a company that booked him as a Faulkerian Idiot Manchild who didn't know how marriage worked for two years

No because during those years he was making way more money than he could elsewhere.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Look my crack team of scientists* and I have concluded the only way to save TNA...GFW...whatever, especially with Y&R reruns beating them, is to have Y&R invade them.

Think of it. During sweeps weeks the residents of Genoa City go to the until-now unknown wrestling center to watch some Impact wrestling, and then get involved.

Victor could be the new authority figure. Hell make him the new champion after getting into a tag match with E3 against *looks on wikipedia to see who champ is* Eli Drake and someone else.

Someone email Jim Cornette with this please

*A half bottle of Rum

This would be what they would run with since their actual plan is reasonable and feasible.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

MassRafTer posted:

No because during those years he was making way more money than he could elsewhere.

being a multi-time world champion and former face of the company pushed into being second fiddle to multiple former WWE guys while having to pretend to be an idiot has to sting no matter how much you get paid

flashy_mcflash posted:

The dropoff from the Y&R rerun that played right before it on POP was even more dramatic. Well over half that audience (500K) tuned out.

Having Y&R be the lead-in to a wrestling show seems to be self-defeating in the first place

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

being a multi-time world champion and former face of the company pushed into being second fiddle to multiple former WWE guys while having to pretend to be an idiot has to sting no matter how much you get paid

on the other hand you get to make eric bischoff sell for a bird

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

like, the most bizarre part of the whole christian coalition angle was that they kept saying Christian was taking AJ under his wing to help him reach his full potential and the top of the card even though he was a multi-time champ by then

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Phenix Rising posted:

Not that it matters, because it's TNA, but how is Jerry Lynn not in their dumb HOF? Or is he? Dude was a huge cornerstone of the early days.

He's not. Their HOF is literally nothing but people who made their careers elsewhere.

Sting, JJ, Earl Hebner, Angle, Gail Kim, and the Dudleys.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Having Y&R be the lead-in to a wrestling show seems to be self-defeating in the first place

What should sting is that the company you are now a top star in wouldn't give you the time of day for all those years.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

What should sting is that the company you are now a top star in wouldn't give you the time of day for all those years.

and then when you get ther eyou lose in a big schmozz and then someone retires you with a buckle bomb

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

I think Jerry Lynn is a TNAsylum Pioneer award winner and has the same plaque as AJ

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

oatgan posted:

I think Jerry Lynn is a TNAsylum Pioneer award winner and has the same plaque as AJ

Not surprising, you really think they could afford to make more than one?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

DJExile posted:

He's not. Their HOF is literally nothing but people who made their careers elsewhere.

Sting, JJ, Earl Hebner, Angle, Gail Kim, and the Dudleys.

I think you could probably make an argument that Gail will be remembered more for her TNA work - especially the Kong stuff - than anything she ever did in WWE.

But yeah, its kind of absurd that people like Angle, Hebner, and the Dudleys are "in there" and not guys like AJ, Lynn, Storm, Roode, whoever.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I think you could probably make an argument that Gail will be remembered more for her TNA work - especially the Kong stuff - than anything she ever did in WWE.

But yeah, its kind of absurd that people like Angle, Hebner, and the Dudleys are "in there" and not guys like AJ, Lynn, Storm, Roode, whoever.

Ultimately because of TNA's rep the point of their HOF is more about getting them publicity, and their feeling is honoring Sting is gonna get more attention than honoring Jerry Lynn. Which is unfortunate, I really like Jerry.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerry Lynn has always been the wrestler's wrestler. Hell, ROH tried to hook him up with a top babyface spot and the crowds went ugly on him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Bare in mind this was when TNA still maintained the illusion of possibly making money
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/5esbgz/til_tna_gave_kurt_angle_a_used_rolex_for_his_hof/

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

All this HOF talk reminds me of the time Hulk Hogan gave Abyss super powers by giving him his WWE Hall of Fame ring.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Seriously though. did Gail ever do anything memorable in WWE? I've been trying to figure that out since I made that post and I got nothing besides the time she opted out of a BR, a bad romance angle with Daniel Bryan and the Bellas, and her really outdated Matrix gimmick upon debut.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Seriously though. did Gail ever do anything memorable in WWE? I've been trying to figure that out since I made that post and I got nothing besides the time she opted out of a BR, a bad romance angle with Daniel Bryan and the Bellas, and her really outdated Matrix gimmick upon debut.

Her lack of charisma and promo ability kind of hampered her being put into those situations. Also being a wrestler during the Diva Search era.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I remember Matt Striker calling her finisher the "Saigon Slam" or something (Gail Kim is not Vietnamese)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

coconono posted:

Jerry Lynn has always been the wrestler's wrestler. Hell, ROH tried to hook him up with a top babyface spot and the crowds went ugly on him.

ROH crowds always go ugly on top babyfaces eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Seriously though. did Gail ever do anything memorable in WWE?

The time she eliminated herself from that diva’s battle royale then quit