Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

moolchaba posted:

Just the credits is all I'm seeing as decent for the franken and stein event. People are shooting teammates in those things all the time. I sorta wish we could get secondary turrets in the real game... or at least let me shoot my 50 cal!!!

Should be able to fire the other turrets on the Japanese super heavies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Some dipshit named RavenDeathKnight rolls his tank over in Leviathan then rages at me for not rolling him back over. Are people always this anal when you don't fix their gently caress-ups?

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
really to make this event more fun, they should randomly let the playerbase play the part of Leviathan. Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

moolchaba posted:

really to make this event more fun, they should randomly let the playerbase play the part of Leviathan. Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I'd go for that.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

moolchaba posted:

i thought to myself the same thing

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Holiday mode is garbage. Rewards are (mainly) garbage. Many issues with the vehicles are bugged. They broke the main game in numerous places to implement it. If I had to rate it as an 'event' I'd need negative numbers. Are we going to get granted mission rewards(worth far more credits than the loving broken holiday modes) for missions completed while Wargaming took an explosive diarrhoea in the bed? Yeah right. Is there a university for being terrible at games administration in Belorussia? There loving should be.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Cartoon posted:

Holiday mode is garbage. Rewards are (mainly) garbage. Many issues with the vehicles are bugged. They broke the main game in numerous places to implement it. If I had to rate it as an 'event' I'd need negative numbers. Are we going to get granted mission rewards(worth far more credits than the loving broken holiday modes) for missions completed while Wargaming took an explosive diarrhoea in the bed? Yeah right. Is there a university for being terrible at games administration in Belorussia? There loving should be.

The mission is stupidly grindy (crazy thing to say in WoT), WoWS seems to have these PvE events sorted out by not make you repeat them over and over again (get 5 stars and you're done).

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The problem is you are caring for the game to make good things. They wont. Just enjoy the double turret fun stuff.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
The broken double turret stuff...

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
The event breaking the regular game is frustrating. I would have completed MT15 if missions were working and I will get no stars on my m26 because I will sell it before MOEs are fixed. But the worst part is my garage is spooky and I can't see what the camouflage looks like. And there's no 50% next to the price on the camouflage.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Cartoon posted:

The broken double turret stuff...

Would anyone put it past Wargaming to implement the multi-turret setup in this temporary mode so they could say, "See guys? It doesn't work well so stop bothering us about implementing it on other tanks."

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Cartoon posted:

Is there a university for being terrible at games administration in Belorussia? There loving should be.

Yes, Wargaming is it.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

So, uh, I haven't played tanks in about a week, since before the Halloween patch. Just a few moments ago I launched a special battle in one of the event tanks, and the game crashed to desktop as soon as it found a match. I emptied the res_mods folder thinking that may have been the issue, but that made no difference; I can't get back in the game. :stare: Is this happening to anyone else?!?

Edit: Apparently I'm not the only one....

Atomizer fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 30, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Atomizer posted:

So, uh, I haven't played tanks in about a week, since before the Halloween patch. Just a few moments ago I launched a special battle in one of the event tanks, and the game crashed to desktop as soon as it found a match. I emptied the res_mods folder thinking that may have been the issue, but that made no difference; I can't get back in the game. :stare: Is this happening to anyone else?!?

lol owned reinstall

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Atomizer posted:

I had crashes too but it was the server crosshairs mod.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

lol owned reinstall

Looks like it's an issue with the Halloween mode (lol nice loving job Wargaming :jerkbag:). I'm able to get back in as soon as that battle ended. I just did a couple Proving Grounds battles to test things out, it works fine with or without mods. So yeah, I can't play this goddamn special event thing. Am I missing anything? :rolleyes:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

2Jets posted:

I had crashes too but it was the server crosshairs mod.

And actually now that you mentioned it, I emptied the res_mods folder but when I got in that first PG battle it still had XVM and the modded crosshair, so some of the mods are apparently stored elsewhere, and I do usually have the server crosshair as well. Maybe that WAS the problem and it's with the other mods.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
on that note yeah iv used mods before but i empty them from res mods and mods folder plus reinstall the game with no mods , i shouldnt be affected by past mods when all that is done right? plus roaming deleted yet i still think something is fucky does it store stuff in regi? or anywhere else because event after a reinstall some of my settings are still saved like crosshair options for example

(just emptied my temp folder didnt fix any bugs such as the crosshair one in event mode not sure how others are working properly and mine isnt)

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Oct 30, 2017

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
"Locking you out of game is feature, not bug, tovarisch. Shut up your gently caress mouth, we give you free day premium."

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

:five: i like that style of speech

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Got another hour-ban because the Stein's secondary turret fires four rounds consecutively :downs:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Got another hour-ban because the Stein's secondary turret fires four rounds consecutively :downs:

Working as intended, comrade!

Luckily I'm locked out of that game mode so I can't feel the rush you're going through! :allears:

With that being said, random battles work fine, even with mods, it's just the special mode that's hosed to poo poo. I played a handful of battles in the UDES for the first time for the hell of it while watching the World Series game...and I like it! I know a lot of you guys complain about it, but I'm a CHAI sniper at heart so it kind of clicks with me. There certainly are some maps that it sucks on, but that's more about Wargaming's lovely game design than the inherent inviability of such a TD. I only lost the two battles where our team was heavily outclassed by several thousand WN8; otherwise, I was able to dump thousands of points of damage downrange to secure the wins. With that being said, I've got a net & binocs on it of course, with a rammer, but I was wondering if anybody swapped the latter for vents? I mean the fairly long reload time is the most glaring thing to fix about it, but I'm sure someone's successfully played with vents instead.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Working as intended, comrade!

Luckily I'm locked out of that game mode so I can't feel the rush you're going through! :allears:

With that being said, random battles work fine, even with mods, it's just the special mode that's hosed to poo poo. I played a handful of battles in the UDES for the first time for the hell of it while watching the World Series game...and I like it! I know a lot of you guys complain about it, but I'm a CHAI sniper at heart so it kind of clicks with me. There certainly are some maps that it sucks on, but that's more about Wargaming's lovely game design than the inherent inviability of such a TD. I only lost the two battles where our team was heavily outclassed by several thousand WN8; otherwise, I was able to dump thousands of points of damage downrange to secure the wins. With that being said, I've got a net & binocs on it of course, with a rammer, but I was wondering if anybody swapped the latter for vents? I mean the fairly long reload time is the most glaring thing to fix about it, but I'm sure someone's successfully played with vents instead.

The real lovely part of the UDES is the fact that it's 20mm of armor, and the premium version has 30mm of armor and also shoots faster. That's so bullshit that it spoils and desire I have to play that line.

Also try disabling server side reticle in-game, apparently it fucks up in the new game mode with secondary guns.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

ill try that, yay it works now...now time to miss "fully aimed shots"

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Oct 30, 2017

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

The real lovely part of the UDES is the fact that it's 20mm of armor, and the premium version has 30mm of armor and also shoots faster. That's so bullshit that it spoils and desire I have to play that line.

Also try disabling server side reticle in-game, apparently it fucks up in the new game mode with secondary guns.

I mean I know it has paper armor that gets overmatched by everything, but that hasn't been the problem. I know that I just can't get spotted in it, and there are some tiny and/or non-paper-TD-friendly maps. Otherwise, I've got like >450 m VR, 60% camo stationary, 12% when firing and ~28% when moving, and dat gun!!! :swoon:

So the issue with the Halloween game mode is not a mod but the built-in server reticle option?!? :psyduck:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
The Udes is a one trick pony not worth wasting time in on all but like 4 maps. And on those maps if your team fucks up it's lovely too.

I really like seeing them when I play arty or deathstar, that's about it.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Have I missed anything ever since quitting two years ago?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Missing Name posted:

Have I missed anything ever since quitting two years ago?

Game got worse enough to chase even me away.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

holy gently caress

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Missing Name posted:

holy gently caress

artillery is more powerful than it's been since tier eight artillery became a thing

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...
The Russian wot-news website has a stats section that apparently has some sort of access into internal Wargaming tanks numbers or stats or whatever.

Have Chrome translate the pages. You can also view the other server clusters.

http://wot-news.com/stat/server/us/norm/en

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Strike Anywhere posted:

The Russian wot-news website has a stats section that apparently has some sort of access into internal Wargaming tanks numbers or stats or whatever.

40% have played more than 500 battles.....

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Hellsau posted:

artillery is more powerful than it's been since tier eight artillery became a thing
Artillery doesn't take 50+ seconds to aim anymore? And they either made it actually hit in the center three quarters of the aiming circle or just increased the splash so it doesn't matter?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

^^ yeah actually

Strike Anywhere posted:

odd, it lists US, with 170k active players, as having more new players per month than the RU cluster, which has 3,2M active players.

Cardiac posted:

40% have played more than 500 battles.....

that's not a bad rate for a f2p game. you're gonna have a whole lot of people trying a couple of rounds and saying it's not for them no matter how good (or bad) the game is.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I have had zero issues in the event. What exactly is going on for others?

I never have server side reticle on as I can't stand aiming at moving targets with it on.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I haven't had any problems either but I've never used server side reticle. Decades of playing FPSes starting with Doom on a 14.4k modem has pretty well trained me how to lead targets (both due to ping and shell travel). Now I have pretty much permanent 10ms ping time so just gotta account for shell velocity.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

BadLlama posted:

I have had zero issues in the event. What exactly is going on for others?

I never have server side reticle on as I can't stand aiming at moving targets with it on.

if you get used to it, its great imo for quick corner shots and stuff ITS MORE ACCURATE

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 30, 2017

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I earned 50 points so far for the halloween house event which scores me the top top top prize... 10 decals.

:downsgun:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I got bored of the halloween thing already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

Prav posted:

odd, it lists US, with 170k active players, as having more new players per month than the RU cluster, which has 3,2M active players.

If you check some of the RU graphs that show more of a timeline, a couple months ago it was hitting a low average of around 200k registered per month. Not sure why the last couple data points dropped so low.