Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Batmobile is insanely heavy, like if you hit a garbage truck head on it sends the garbage truck backwards. It's probably heavier than everything but the MOC rig.

It also has a high center of gravity, so it takes some turns on 2 wheels.

Furthermore,

In conclusion, everyone should buy one.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Oct 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Yeah, I know this is old news (like two years old, at least), but I still did :aaa:

(https://gtaist.com/grand-theft-auto-in-real-life/)

Now maybe I can find out what that weird purple thing on the top of my apartment building is supposed to be.

Edit: the real-life building's address: 420 South Grand Avenue :feelsgood:

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Oct 30, 2017

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
re I/E: Just drive.

Value your time better, gamers.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

https://gfycat.com/SarcasticAnimatedKookaburra

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zigmidge posted:

You're telling people who would have to work 12 hours in the game to buy the batmobile to value their time better.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
If I valued my time in the first place I wouldn't be playing the dumb + poo poo game known as "GTA: Online"

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Powershift posted:

The Batmobile is insanely heavy, like if you hit a garbage truck head on it sends the garbage truck backwards. It's probably heavier than everything but the MOC rig.

It also has a high center of gravity, so it takes some turns on 2 wheels.

Furthermore,

In conclusion, everyone should buy one.

Also, it has undodgeable missiles. They'll turn a 360 with a 5-foot radius and come back to nail an oppressor.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Locobono posted:

Also, it has undodgeable missiles. They'll turn a 360 with a 5-foot radius and come back to nail an oppressor.

I've also found that the missiles will sometimes take a nosedive and kill yourself. Which is great fun with a $20,000 insurance payment.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Locobono posted:

I have been able to juke out of the path of these missiles a couple of times. Not a great success rate, but they're not 100% undodgeable.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Are the Ruiner 2000's missiles the same? I've noticed they're able to turn way tighter than usual missiles.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

prefect posted:

A question: the amount of lost market value that it shows you when you've completed a delivery, does that have any effect on anything? Like, do you get orders from closer places instead of the vineyard?

I don't think so- to me, it seems like something they wanted to assign significant value to and never did.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I just got back into this a week or so ago, but im a bit confused. When it comes to making money in this, what's the best way to go about it? just running jobs over and over? The resources online seem to be all over the place with info from different updates and such.

I just got a High End Apartment, have around 300K saved up, but I'm pretty lost when it comes to the foreclosure properties and getting into I/E.

Heists seem like the most money, but drat if people aren't real hit or miss when it comes to actually succeeding. For every Heist that goes well I have three missions that one dude constantly dies on or gets lost or something to fail.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Buy the cheapest I/E warehouse(cars)
source cars, don't sell low/mid range cars
don't get more than 32 cars in your warehouse
Eventually you'll have all low/mid range cars and you'll only source high end
sell the high end cars as soon as you get them to avoid going over 32 cars

once you're established

Source car -> sell car -> run headhunter or hostile takeover LSIA(it helps to have a hydra or buzzard for this)

You can make $300k an hour.

Alternatively, A $8,000,000 shark card is $100. It would take 27 hours grinding at $300k/hr to make $8,000,000. That's $3.70 an hour working a part time job in a video game.

That 27 hours/$100 can buy 1 flying motorcycle, the bunker to hold the truck, the truck to put the missiles on the bike, and the bike missiles; With enough left over to buy 1-2 cool cars. You will be working

Do not buy the motorcycle businesses or hangar to make money. Only buy the biker bar to hold your bikes and the hangar to hold your planes.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The flying motorcycle is loving awesome but be warned, it took me several months to actually unlock the missiles for it.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Powershift posted:

Buy the cheapest I/E warehouse(cars)

is this a Clubhouse? I don't see any warehouses for sale, or do these open up when I buy an executive office?

Part of my confusion is there's so much more than when I first got into this. I was sticking up liquor stores to try and make money but 2k a pop is way too slow.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
No. MC Clubhouses are for MC businesses, which are bad.

Here's how all the various freeroam things work out.

CEO Office: Gives you an office. You can then buy a crate warehouse (don't) or an import/export garage (yes) after getting a CEO office. All of the offices are identical except for location and price so don't feel the urge to buy an expensive one if you don't want to. Once you have both the office and garage you can go do i/e as powershift describes.

MC clubhouse: Gives you an mc clubhouse (heh) and access to biker missions and purchasing biker businesses (coke factory, weed farm, etc). These involve Lester with a lovely voice filter calling you more or less nonstop and it's very difficult to get him to ever, ever shut the gently caress up. Avoid.

Bunker: Gives you access to gunrunning missions and the bunker's manufacturing. The gimmick here is R&D, where you basically resupply your business so you can unlock 40 useless cosmetics and 10 really good weapon upgrades, one at a time, very, very slowly. You can also use this to make money instead. Less bad than biker, but A) that's not saying much and B) we all thought it was a huge money sink until...

Hangar: Gives you access to smuggler's run, which is basically flying crates. This is the worst time/money sink in the game most likely because it's expensive, out of the way, and the return on your crate sales is awful. On the other hand you do get to fly a de Havilland Vampire every now and then.

depending on how much you hate your life for grinding purposes, I'd get I/E first, bunker second, because if you get past the GTA$ hurdles of bunker research eventually you too can have a missile-armed flying motorcycle and explosive heavy sniper ammunition, but you'll probably quit the game before then unless you get hundreds of millions in hackerbux rained on you.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 3, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

TheTofuShop posted:

is this a Clubhouse? I don't see any warehouses for sale, or do these open up when I buy an executive office?

Part of my confusion is there's so much more than when I first got into this. I was sticking up liquor stores to try and make money but 2k a pop is way too slow.

You have to buy it through the computer in your office i think.

I mistakenly thought you had the office, not just an apartment.

So yeah, you need ~1m for the office, $1.5m for the car warehouse, then you can start making $300k an hour.

Until then running headhunter/sightseer/heists is the way to go.

a bone to pick posted:

The flying motorcycle is loving awesome but be warned, it took me several months to actually unlock the missiles for it.

It's also suuuuuuper easy to destroy your own and costs $20k a pop when you do it.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
Psion is a fool and an idiot, but only because he didn't make clear that buying a CEO office opens up TWO types of car things. The office garage is just a big fancy personal garage you get on the same website you buy the office from, you'll get lots of phone calls about it but you don't want one until you're rich.

The good one that lets you steal cool cars to make money is called a vehicle warehouse.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Ripper Swarm posted:

The office garage is just a big fancy personal garage you get on the same website you buy the office from, you'll get lots of phone calls about it but you don't want one until you're rich.

Obscenely rich:

https://imgur.com/gallery/E0txG

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Ripper Swarm posted:

Psion is a fool and an idiot,

The good one that lets you steal cool cars to make money is called a vehicle warehouse.

both of these are correct

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
wow, ya'll weren't kidding. hangar sell missions are extremely hard without teammates

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

its like the '89 batmobile and the tumbler had a kid.
thats why it looks retarded, its the product of batmobile incest.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

wow, ya'll weren't kidding. hangar sell missions are extremely hard without teammates

They're easy as balls, but you only get 1 crate per person.

4 people, 4 crates. zero people, ZE RO CRATES.

also more batmobile stuff

at stores with double doors, you can line peoples cars up with the door while they're shopping and then use the batboost to ram it in. Here is a man inspecting his car

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Anybody heard of this thing where you can shoot people out of render distance (like from a high rise) through obstructions, while in thermal vision?

It's working on ps4, and it's funny when my friends accidentally shoot each other because all you see is the little orange dot

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Maybe without explosive ammo, definitely doesn't work with it.

also, billboard selfie!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Been a long time since I last saw the word tumbler spelt with an e. Feels weird.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Powershift posted:

Maybe without explosive ammo, definitely doesn't work with it.

My buddies were using it, the player you target literally has to be out of render distance

I didn't do it but I saw it work

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Hugh Malone posted:

Anybody heard of this thing where you can shoot people out of render distance (like from a high rise) through obstructions, while in thermal vision?

It's working on ps4, and it's funny when my friends accidentally shoot each other because all you see is the little orange dot

Idk about "through obstructions" but I've definitely used the "people show up outside of render distance when viewed through obstructions with thermal vision" trick to line up shots on pubbies before

Just aim, step out of cover, fire, step back in to cover to see if they moved, etc

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Ok, you gotta use the thermal helmet for it to work thru stuff

https://youtu.be/tWA5ny2WqEY

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Just joined GTA Online. Got plugged by a random player, joined a couple of missions, and got my poo poo pushed in during Condemned and a free roam "keep the car for five minutes" events. Fun stuff so far, do we have a Discord?

EDIT: Right in the OP, got it!

EDIT 2: And now there's someone who's killing the entire lobby and setting explosions to go off. Mind banning these people, Rockstar? Not a good first look for a new player.

Olive Branch fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 5, 2017

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

No issues ever get fixed unless they threaten the stupendous amounts of money Rockstar are making from shark cards, so I'm afraid you're poo poo out of luck there. Generally things die down after updates and Rockstar patch up the existing holes, then pick up again when modders work out how to punch a new hole in the lovely last-gen-console netcode that was never designed to support the slapdash monstrosity you see today.

Even this thread is broken with its mysterious phantom post, that's how far the rot spreads.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Olive Branch posted:

EDIT 2: And now there's someone who's killing the entire lobby and setting explosions to go off. Mind banning these people, Rockstar? Not a good first look for a new player.

If you're flying a fast plane, you can apparently outrun the instant-kill explosions. The plane takes damage, but they didn't blow me up until I landed.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Olive Branch posted:

this game has zero anticheat on PC and the most toxic playerbase in existence. as long as there are 12 year olds with hax and a hard-on you're self flagellating by trying to achieve anything in freeroam.

if you're a dedicated masochist though, try this https://github.com/Dysanix/SessionSweeper, if a modder starts loving with you you can split to your own session in a single keypress before they blow your cash crop up or teleport you to the bottom of the ocean. whenever you join a new session check the playerlist for people with ranks in the thousands and k/d's in the hundreds. if you spot one make sure to duck out before everything starts exploding. its not foolproof but it helps.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So many new players in the game. What happened?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Combat Pretzel posted:

So many new players in the game. What happened?

It was on sale last week.

Good strategy: send a mugger after the lowest level dude in the lobby, Almost always a good laugh and they only lose like $12.

Also good strategy: use your batmobile to force their car through the door of the store they're shopping in. Sometimes you have to flip it up sideways first.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Powershift posted:

It was on sale last week.

Good strategy: send a mugger after the lowest level dude in the lobby, Almost always a good laugh and they only lose like $12.

Also good strategy: use your batmobile to force their car through the door of the store they're shopping in. Sometimes you have to flip it up sideways first.

I was really bummed the day I found out people could come into the store while you're trying on clothes and kill you with rocket-propelled grenades.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

prefect posted:

I was really bummed the day I found out people could come into the store while you're trying on clothes and kill you with rocket-propelled grenades.

I'm pretty sure it automatically puts you into passive when you're trying on clothes now.

You can still drive in the door and pop the checkout lady in the head and close the store though

I prefer non-lethal griefing. pushing their car into the store, putting it on the roof of the store with the cargobob, squishing it into a little ball. That sort of thing.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Earlier today I joined a GTA race, which was a square ice rink (that colored concrete) around Mount Chiliad and just a general FFA explodey gimmick. One race the host decided to disable custom cars to get rid of bulletproof tires. Apparently I was the only one to figure to get on the top of Chiliad and shoot out tires instead, which made people veer off the edge of the track to drop into oblivion all the drat time. Hilarious as gently caress, especially the Eastern European hatemail that I've got from that.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I want them to bring back $10k bets, there's no point ever betting $1k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

I want them to bring back $10k bets, there's no point ever betting $1k

When you have a winning record, a $10k bet only pays $4k anyways, so win 3 races you're only up $12k, Lose 1/3 and you're down $2k.

• Locked thread