Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Okay I'll stop spamming this thread now. Every single thing about this game is postworthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Actually for some reason Bethesda and Ubisoft decided to release their big holiday games on the same day. I wonder how that went

https://twitter.com/rihanna/status/488424662410731521
https://twitter.com/rihanna/status/488434293996552192

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cobalt Viper posted:

Okay I'll stop spamming this thread now. Every single thing about this game is postworthy.

This was awesome

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

My wife and I are budgeting how both of us can replace our laptops and also get a Switch for Zelda and Mario this holiday season because Nintendo has yet again exceeded the high expectations I had for them, it seems. Vicariously happy for everyone in this thread collecting all the moons.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Cobalt Viper posted:

There's so many absolutely amazing parts to the ending sequence but one simple one that caught me by surprise and made me laugh like a loving lunatic for 20 minutes was the frog behind the church on the moon. Not only was it a cool callback to the first creature you ever capped, but the frog on moon gravity can jump like 3000 feet in the air and it was just so absurd and goofy and fun that I was cracking up.

when you capture that first frog and mario trips out with frog visions was great

somehow even better the second time it happens

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Minor outfit spoilers but check out this clutch save

http://twitter.com/In__Training/status/924848822601138176

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

late level spoiler

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Beat the final level. Certainly feels like an accomplishment so that's nice. Might take a small break before digging in again. There's many more moons to be had.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Somebody in japan has 11000 moons

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Two amazing things I just fully realized:

1. This is a handheld game. A handheld game.
2. This is $60 for one full game. The entire game is right here. No DLC, no season passes, no microtransactions, no patches, the entire experience is available right from the get-go with one purchase. That shouldn’t be an amazing and unique thing, it should be the norm.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I accidentally bought 10 moons from a shop after the endgame because I didn't understand the concept and I wish I hadn't. I want my final moon count to be the correct 100% amount of 2970 and not some Chinese gold farmer inflated number.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Two amazing things I just fully realized:

1. This is a handheld game. A handheld game.
2. This is $60 for one full game. The entire game is right here. No DLC, no season passes, no microtransactions, no patches, the entire experience is available right from the get-go with one purchase. That shouldn’t be an amazing and unique thing, it should be the norm.

nintendo ftw. i would love DLC for thia game though, since ninty also actually does that right (when its not FE) and charges little for substantial amounts of Content.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Cobalt Viper posted:

I accidentally bought 10 moons from a shop after the endgame because I didn't understand the concept and I wish I hadn't. I want my final moon count to be the correct 100% amount of 2970 and not some Chinese gold farmer inflated number.

its not a limited amount of moons? i figured they'd run out at some point and it was something to use your coins on

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Loving this games take on bowsers castle

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

spent a while improving my time on the luncheon kingdom freerunning and now I think I'm going to to back and go fast in all of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgjTc42F6J0

A full run of this is going to be insane

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Also I'm at 676 moons

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://twitter.com/KeitaTakahash/status/924849210721046528

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

In Training posted:

lol nice

usually when I pull poo poo like that off I just shake my head cause there no way I did it on purpose

I only have 390 moons, I have some work to do

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

awesome, i hosed up and did something similar on that exact same room (and then proceeded to die 5 more times)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

yes!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh so (post-game shop) you can buy as many moons as you want as long as you have coins..pretty lame but youd have to be fully retarded to grind coins all day instead of playing all the fun moonblock stuff

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

extremebuff posted:

oh so (post-game shop) you can buy as many moons as you want as long as you have coins..pretty lame but youd have to be fully retarded to grind coins all day instead of playing all the fun moonblock stuff

this is good to know, thanks.

I thought that they'd let you buy 10 more from each kingdom and then block it out again, so I bought 10 from mushroom kingdom.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

extremebuff posted:

late level spoiler

no loving way, this isnt real

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

It's Real.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

it's monday so I'm at work and can't play mario. still thinking about mario though they can't control my mind

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

L is real 2401

Soral
May 30, 2009

Cobalt Viper posted:

i did the exact same thing. "shopping in the mushroom kingdom (11)" will mock me for the rest of my days

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

The music that plays in the alternate dimension zones like the frog place in cappy kingdom is cool

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Soral posted:

i did the exact same thing. "shopping in the mushroom kingdom (11)" will mock me for the rest of my days

:same:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Credits rolling. Nintendo is here to save video games everyone

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I loving love Nintendo

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

BotW and Odyssey in the same year has been a true gamers delight

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Every time Nintendo does another big Mario launch title I always wonder how they're gonna top themselves but they always find really clever and unique ways to do it.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
oh my god the zipper

this game is just a joy

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

BotW and Odyssey in the same year has been a true gamers delight

if this is gaming under trump may he reign 10,000 years

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

A guy in World of Warcraft's <Goon Squad> once made reference to "Bush-era WoW."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

p sure its thanks to shinzo abe u scrub

• Locked thread