Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

From my cold, dead hands etc

This. Brate is soooooo good and reliable. I think James trusts him more than Evans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So Grimes and McClain will likely be out Sunday vs the Panthers. That means Hargreaves, Ryan Smith, and Javien Elliott are your corners. Cam about to get back on track.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

wandler20 posted:

So Grimes and McClain will likely be out Sunday vs the Panthers. That means Hargreaves, Ryan Smith, and Javien Elliott are your corners. Cam about to get back on track.

Watching your team and knowing that it has some real flaws while the rest of the division implodes around you... I now know what Patriots fans feel.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I love our Saints defense.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

I love our Saints defense.

Halloween is approaching so still time to pumpkin

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Barudak posted:

Halloween is approaching so still time to pumpkin

2 tricks, 5 treats.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Oh thank loving god

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmCxr1paNuU

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Chilichimp posted:

Oh thank loving god

Indeed.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That game started off ROUGH, but us holding them to field goals (and them missing 2) was a godsend. It seems like the effect of the rain was that A.) Matt Ryan couldn't take a hand-off and B.) Catanzaro pulled right on his kicks.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
put this in the op

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

remember when I was hopeful 50 pages ago?

Jesus Christ this team is bad. Fire the defense into the sun. If you fire Jameis into the sun he’ll just run backwards 10 yards, scramble to the sideline, and fumble trying to throw a pick.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

remember when I was hopeful 50 pages ago?

Same, man, loving same.

We have now hit the true nadir of the Bucs fan cycle, knowing that the losing season is going to happen and being able to do nothing but watch it unfold.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
How is Jameis so bad when he has so many weapons? Jackson, Evans, Brate, Howard, Martin. I think every one of those player would start over their respective (non-injured) counterparts on the Panthers right now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Dirk couldn't get poo poo done in Atlanta after his first season either.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Feel like the Bucs and Saints are in a constant battle to see who can make more right moves that don't work out.

Like what is even the point of desean jackson these days

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Feel like the Bucs and Saints are in a constant battle to see who can make more right moves that don't work out.

Like what is even the point of desean jackson these days

to remind people of VJax, prolly

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

three posted:

How is Jameis so bad when he has so many weapons? Jackson, Evans, Brate, Howard, Martin. I think every one of those player would start over their respective (non-injured) counterparts on the Panthers right now.

His shoulder is hosed up. IMO he should go on IR and have Fitz run the show for the rest of the year.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I firmly thought this was a 2-3 win team watching the 1st 2 games.

We're not world beaters, and picked up 2 wins against teams playing new QBs so we can't say we're totally legit but its a good start.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

That Works posted:

I firmly thought this was a 2-3 win team watching the 1st 2 games.

We're not world beaters, and picked up 2 wins against teams playing new QBs so we can't say we're totally legit but its a good start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yyAgk9der4

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i mean lets be fair apparently we all could have used a reminder at the start of the season, lol

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sword_man.gif posted:

i mean lets be fair apparently we all could have used a reminder at the start of the season, lol

Imma be honest, if we'd lost to the bears and beat the Pat's I'd have better feelings about this team rn.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

Imma be honest, if we'd lost to the bears and beat the Pat's I'd have better feelings about this team rn.

the pats thing really got on my nerves because it should have been a strong attempt even if they didn't win to get some revenge

then they got out there and puttered around in a "gosh i'd really like to just be in bed right now" sort of way

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Nystral posted:

His shoulder is hosed up. IMO he should go on IR and have Fitz run the show for the rest of the year.

I'd almost be relieved if they do this but the only way Winston is gonna get better is if they keep playing him. All training camp the beat writers kept talking about his improved deep ball accuracy and that has not translated into actual games. He's young and needs game reps. I know it's his third year but he's 23.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Hahah, ok but overconfidence isn't really the word to describe how I feel about this team / season.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Epi Lepi posted:

I'd almost be relieved if they do this but the only way Winston is gonna get better is if they keep playing him. All training camp the beat writers kept talking about his improved deep ball accuracy and that has not translated into actual games. He's young and needs game reps. I know it's his third year but he's 23.

If his shoulder is actually still bothering him then continuing to play him isn’t going to help at all.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If his shoulder is actually still bothering him then continuing to play him isn’t going to help at all.

True, but IR is too early. Just sit him for a couple weeks.

Koetter will never do that though.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Jameis is going to be just fine and there is no way in hell the team is giving up on him nor should they. He's 23 and is going to have 3 straight 4,000 yard seasons (if his shoulder is ok the rest of the year). He leads (led?) the league in passing yards per completion. He turns it over too much, but most young QB's do and he's aggressive by nature. You have to stick with him.

They somehow need to figure out how to run the ball and take pressure off him though. If they can't run he's going to take more and more chances because he knows that option isn't there.

Panthers defense is pretty nasty, it's a shame about Cam and that rush offense.

Edit: Rotator cuff injury too? Great.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/924729209485791232

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Oct 30, 2017

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Running your hurt QB into the ground during a pointless losing season is becoming a tradition of the NFC South now.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

That Works posted:

Hahah, ok but overconfidence isn't really the word to describe how I feel about this team / season.

well true but i don't have one that says like "mild confidence" so you work with what you have

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Sort of off topic, but nowhere else to post this cos the rest of this subforum intimidates the newbie in me.

I’ve just been to the last of the 4 International series games, and had a great time. Ok none of the football was actually any good, in fact the only real game of the four was this weeks Browns Vikings match up. The atmosphere was great at all four matches although I suspect very different in flavour from seeing a home match in the US due to the nature of the mostly neutral crowd. Has to be said the best fans in terms of friendliness and entertainment value were the Saints fans who didn’t give me too hard a time in my Falcons jersey. My favourite interaction was being called out to by a group of American guys for walking along hand in hand with my young son, him in his Panthers top and me in my Falcons one.

One thing that did annoy me a bit was listening to US commentators when watching back the replays and highlights. totally loving patronising about UK fans, and seemingly oblivious to the fact that X team might officially be the home team but of the 85k crowd only a small percentage will actually be fans of the home team (in fact in a fair few games there were more ‘away’ fans than home ones’. Also do American fans not do ironic cheering for dull plays. US commentators seemed to totally misunderstand the context of ironic cheering for punts etc and were saying that UK fans must love punting because it reminds them of soccer. Is ironic cheering just a UK thing?

Serotonin fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 30, 2017

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Serotonin posted:

One thing that did annoy me a bit was listening to US commentators when watching back the replays and highlights. totally loving patronising about UK fans, and seemingly oblivious to the fact that X team might officially be the home team but of the 85k crowd only a small percentage will actually be fans of the home team (in fact in a fair few games there were more ‘away’ fans than home ones’. Also do American fans not do ironic cheering for dull plays. US commentators seemed to totally misunderstand the context of ironic cheering for punts etc and were saying that UK fans must love punting because it reminds them of soccer. Is ironic cheering just a UK thing?

Id say it's a UK thing. I've been to 5 or 6 NFL games in the US and I've never really witnessed ironic cheering. Usually just booing. Ironic cheering should be a thing here, that sounds great.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Serotonin posted:

This made me laugh probably harder than I should, just from the mental image of it.

The only ironic cheering I've seen is when a team that's getting blown out scores late or converts a third down after not having one all day. Not sure I've ever heard it for a punt.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Serotonin posted:

Is ironic cheering just a UK thing?

yes, also i'd apologize for the commentators but nearly every nfl commentator is rock stupid anyways and you probably already guessed this

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Id say it's a UK thing. I've been to 5 or 6 NFL games in the US and I've never really witnessed ironic cheering. Usually just booing. Ironic cheering should be a thing here, that sounds great.

Look at this guy forgetting when his home stadium was firing the cannons for 1st downs.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
That's always been a thing though. One blast for first downs, extra points and getting inside the 20 (i think), 3 for field goals, 6 for a TD.

i dunno if they do 2 for a safety but they should

fire them cannons all day

Remember when it scared the poo poo out of Mooch and Cam?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

That Works posted:

Look at this guy forgetting when his home stadium was firing the cannons for 1st downs.

They don't fire them for first downs. Red Zone and scoring plays. It was quiet yesterday.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The only time Ive ever seen ironic cheering in the states was at a bball game whwre the home team was down like 30 points and in the last two minutes didnt even bother to pass down the court, instead electing to burm the shot clock.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

wandler20 posted:

They don't fire them for first downs. Red Zone and scoring plays. It was quiet yesterday.

I thought I remembered it got some press a few years back when they just started firing the cannon for anything out of nowhere one game because it was going so bad. Some Glennon game iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

we don’t sarcastically cheer, but we’ll give what’s called a “Bronx cheer” when a lovely team finally does something competent.

• Locked thread