Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
drat i have like 30 chests and 80 key fragments, this is going to be a pain in the rear end to do

edit: wait, did they confirm that the value of chests is effectively dropping? or just that we should get rid of all of our shards

edit2:

quote:

To make up for essence drop rate changes, we'll tune the way loot boxes work to increase the amount of skins you'll get from them. We'll also add "bad luck protection," so you won't ever go on long streaks without getting a skin shard or a gemstone from chests.

kinda sounds like if i have a shitton of chests (which i do) i should wait to open them so i can maximize my Gemstone Potential (GP)

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Oct 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Source on orange essence costs? I have like 10K, I'm not super worried but I hadn't seen anything about orange sparkles being changed

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Rygar201 posted:

Source on orange essence costs? I have like 10K, I'm not super worried but I hadn't seen anything about orange sparkles being changed

quote:

Since you'll be getting more shards thanks to the new leveling system (and with other recent changes to honor and events), we'll tune down the relative value of the essence you get from disenchanting shards of all types—champ shards, skin shards, and ward skin shards.

In the current system, for example, disenchanting a champ shard will get you about a third of the BE you need to buy a champ at that shard's tier. In the new system it'll get you 20% of the way there. Also, with so many more champ shards in the system, we need to remove the ability to reroll them into permanent champs—but we’ll occasionally sell mystery champions for blue essence. For these reasons, you should go ahead and reroll or disenchant any shards you don't want to upgrade before preseason hits so you can get the most essence possible out of them.

sounds like blue essence if you only read the last paragraph but the first one suggests you should prob blow up your skin shards

you have 10k orange essence? thats a decent amount

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Oct 30, 2017

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every 5 ARAMs or so someone asks me "Hey aren't you that mono Zyra dude from TT". True e-sports superstardom.

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
this game sucks rear end and the only dude i want to play apart from naut/sejuani is thresh, how do i git gud at thresh

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
You play him lots? Or I dunno if you think the game sucks that's cool, don't play it?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

when u bust but she still suckin

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

:golfclap:

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

spaceships posted:

this game sucks rear end and the only dude i want to play apart from naut/sejuani is thresh, how do i git gud at thresh

To be a bit more serious than before tho, a couple of basic thresh pointers:

His hook has a windup that everyone can see. Generally in lane its best not to try using it at max range, your target will just sidestep. Keep it for when they can't dodge (they're next to a wall/tower), or to counter engage. It has a long cooldown so use it wisely

If they're an immobile adc and have blown flash, get aggressive - flash up to them, flay them back and follow up with the hook is a brutal tactic.

Relic shield is probably the most popular? Its tricky to use since it won't execute. Ping minions you want to kill. Coin can work, the move speed active on the fully upgraded version is nice for thresh, tho you're giving up some durability.

Thresh is a fun dude and not too hard to pick up, but there's worlds of difference between someone like me and a thresh whisperer. He's an unholy terror in the right hands

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Lantern is the most obnoxious poo poo in the world, you can use it to set up incredible escapes over walls.

I've seen some great initiations with it too, but farm more common is the bullshit escape

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i played singed the other night and its fun to be a piece of poo poo, thats my singed trip report

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

i played singed the other night and its fun to be a piece of poo poo, thats my singed trip report

i played sion for the first tiem and he was a piece of poo poo and it was hilariously easy

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Verviticus posted:

i played sion for the first tiem and he was a piece of poo poo and it was hilariously easy

i think part of the appeal of the singed experience i had was being a huge piece of poo poo specifically to the enemy jungler

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

i think part of the appeal of the singed experience i had was being a huge piece of poo poo specifically to the enemy jungler

I don't think anyone in this thread hates junglers more than you rabid, I really appreciate it tbh

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

I don't think anyone in this thread hates junglers more than you rabid, I really appreciate it tbh

hmmm

rabidsquid posted:

time well spent no matter what horrible shithead you're playing

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Aumanor hates us the most, as far as I can tell

Poor Junglers. We catch more blame than supports. :smith:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Rygar201 posted:

Aumanor hates us the most, as far as I can tell

Poor Junglers. We catch more blame than supports. :smith:

I started League as a jungle main but eventually, with therapy and transcendental meditation, I learned to love and accept myself and switched to mid lane.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I don't get "maining". In games like this I usually find heroes that click with me and I play those, regardless of their team role. Specializing in a single role sounds boring, even if it'll probably help you raise in MMR faster.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Elman posted:

I don't get "maining". In games like this I usually find heroes that click with me and I play those, regardless of their team role. Specializing in a single role sounds boring, even if it'll probably help you raise in MMR faster.

I play every role but bot (because nah) but I mean you don't naturally gravitate to one role over another?

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
https://eu.lolesports.com/en/articles/eu-lcs-in-2018-and-beyond

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Elman posted:

Some roles people find more palatable. Support is great if you want to immunize your team from awful lovely auto-fill supports in solo queue and try to make your ADC fed/keep your ADC from feeding, and also you find controlling vision is one of your greatest strengths.

Jungle/Mid is better if you like to have a big effect on the map, as these roles are the best at affecting the entire map via ganks. A fed jungler or midlaner will take over the midgame very quickly and snowball your team into getting tons of gold.

ADC exists if you want to be the main damage dealer in fights and you like farming a lot. If you trust your positioning skills and shooting dudes with right clicks you tend to like ADC more than other roles.

Top exists if you want to subject yourself to either having honorable e-duels 1v1 or if you want to stomp/get stomped in 1v2 situations with a jungler. God help you if you feed in this lane, for it will gently caress your game up permanently. Toplane is kill or be killed tooth and nail. Either that or play a teamfighting tank and lose farm to whatever lovely fighter toplane and look for TP ganks to gently caress up botlane like clockwork (gently caress teleport)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I play ADC because I enjoy playing ranged characters in just about everything. Also a big fan of blaming everyone else on my team for my own fuckups.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It's back baby!

https://s1.webmshare.com/jq6z1.webm

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

How Rude posted:

Some roles people find more palatable. Support is great if you want to immunize your team from awful lovely auto-fill supports in solo queue and try to make your ADC fed/keep your ADC from feeding, and also you find controlling vision is one of your greatest strengths.

Jungle/Mid is better if you like to have a big effect on the map, as these roles are the best at affecting the entire map via ganks. A fed jungler or midlaner will take over the midgame very quickly and snowball your team into getting tons of gold.

ADC exists if you want to be the main damage dealer in fights and you like farming a lot. If you trust your positioning skills and shooting dudes with right clicks you tend to like ADC more than other roles.

Top exists if you want to subject yourself to either having honorable e-duels 1v1 or if you want to stomp/get stomped in 1v2 situations with a jungler. God help you if you feed in this lane, for it will gently caress your game up permanently. Toplane is kill or be killed tooth and nail. Either that or play a teamfighting tank and lose farm to whatever lovely fighter toplane and look for TP ganks to gently caress up botlane like clockwork (gently caress teleport)

Translations:
Support: do you enjoy occasionally sweeping a ward while your adc waits to respawn after flashing into the enemy jungler trying to make a sick play?

Mid: do you like determining which team has the poo poo head that makes the adc's life hard

Jungle: do you enjoy having a gigantic dick and want the world to know how cool and awesome you are?

ADC: do you enjoy being effective in the 1/10 games where your topside teammates haven't lost the game for you at 15 minutes, and being the blame for the other 9/10 games win or lose?

Top: do you enjoy playing patty cake with the other schmuck who got auto filled into this position

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like playing control mages because everything else other than Teemo, Caitlyn and Singed bores me to tears. Since they usually go in Mid or as Support these are the two roles I play.

I also played ECM in EVE, Freeze Mage in Hearthstone and nothing gave me more joy than Cycloning people in WoW.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

I play midlane becuase I hate myself. I am not sure why I thought this was better than picking top all the time.

but really, you may as well pick 1 or 2 roles and focus on what those do, spreading yourself too thin feels like jack of all trades, mastery of none kinda deal.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Elman posted:

Maining a role is for ranked play.

Normals is for dicking around playing whatever.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Oh yeah if you don't care about winning consistently to increase your rank in Solo or Flex queue then by all means pick whatever your heart desires

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I picked the heroes that clicked with me and that was how I ended up in my chosen role(s). The two approaches aren't mutually exclusive, unless you don't understand that you should abandon your Annie pick when you get filled into jungle, or whatever.

the correct thing to do when filled into jungle or support is dodge like a motherfucker

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs
I’d love to diversify my roles, but the issue is that I play my off-roles at such a lower skill level that it’s generally just a brutal stomp and I don’t learn anything or have any fun. I can support or mid at Plat levels, but my ADC is probably Silver at best.

Old Team Builder having per-role MMR is a feature I really miss.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/10/choose-the-next-illaoi-skin/

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Adventurer and Battlecast look awesome they should make both

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Firebert posted:

Adventurer and Battlecast look awesome they should make both

Yeah I voted for adventurer, they're all good idea though.

e: mostly just because I would like a legion of Indiana Jones-themed skins

e2: adventure rammus where he's the boulder from indiana jones please

e3: adventure garen where he's brendan fraser from the mummy series of action adventure movies

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 30, 2017

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I think I like Adventurer best but Totally Not Prey Illaoi is cool too.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

ranked is for suckers. normals isfor cool cats that listen to jazz and realize that mcdonald breakfast options are actually pretty good

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

pog boyfriend posted:

ranked is for suckers. normals isfor cool cats that listen to jazz and realize that mcdonald breakfast options are actually pretty good

i drink wine while i play ranked (mostly red) it owns

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

You know, I don't disagree with riot making games best of one again. I do think it's worse for teams and for our region being competitive with other regions, but in total, I did watch less games with bo3.

Also I'm a support main who mains mid for a few months at a time because I'm tired of getting the guy who says 'I can only play yasuo lol' and goes 0-22

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Luna Was Here posted:

You get on average like a 5% roi, but if you have like less than 15k ip its a little risky. If you have on the order of 6 figures you're borderline guaranteed to come out at least even

I bought 6 Champ shards at 1,700 each for 10,200 IP spent.

Karma - 263 BE
Lissandra -325 BE
Xin Zhaou - 195 BE
Sona - 263 BE
Master Yi - 87 BE
Jhin - 325 BE

Extra blue essence: 20, 40, 20, 110

Total is 1648 Blue Essence which is worth 10,712 Blue essence after cutover, so barely some profit I guess.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I'm going space illaoi, astro nautilus needs a buddy out there in the great beyond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Space... the ultimate area.

• Locked thread