Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/eedrk/status/920368745679171584

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Ze Pollack posted:

congratulations

see jeffersonclay to be sorted into your appropriate House of Centrism

spoiler alert: it's a charnel house

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I want to have good gummi bears made with real gelatin but without slave labor.

What are my options, goons?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Shbobdb posted:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Shbobdb posted:

make your own

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Tonight, as I was taking out the trash, I noticed that the Moon looks like MoonMan, a known hate-symbol recognized by the Southern Poverty Law Centre. The sky should really have a trigger warning.

At the very least, Niel Castle on NPR should warn me weather the moon is waxing/waning MoonMan.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
the old gimmick got boring huh

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The Democrats are still a waste and deserve to lose big in 2018.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Previa_fun posted:

They do deserve to lose. America doesn't deserve the republicans though

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Condiv posted:

They do deserve to lose. America doesn't deserve the republicans though

Also it’s not just America that faces consequences for electing shitbag Republicans. Dems losing means tens of thousands (more) dead civilians in foreign countries, as well as loving the entire world over with climate change policies.

Trump ramped up the drone strikes and bombings, massively increasing collateral damage. I’m pretty sure we are continuing to haphazardly bomb brown people, but that’s been lost in the garbage fire storm of the Trump presidency.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

RasperFat posted:

Also it’s not just America that faces consequences for electing shitbag Republicans. Dems losing means tens of thousands (more) dead civilians in foreign countries, as well as loving the entire world over with climate change policies.
Dems winning means this as well, though to a somewhat lesser degree.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
yeah if anything president clinton would've bombed something in syria more important than an empty runway

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

RasperFat posted:

Obama ramped up the drone strikes and bombings, massively increasing collateral damage. I’m pretty sure we are continuing to haphazardly bomb brown people, but that’s been lost in the garbage fire storm of the Trump presidency.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Condiv posted:

America doesn't deserve the republicans though

Yes it does. And the consequences.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

Yes it does. And the consequences.

Eh, some Americans do. Those that are going to suffer worst from Republicans sure don’t deserve them though.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.
Did you all not see the (more) part?

I’m not excusing Obama’s droning and continuation of forever wars.

I’m saying that Trump is being worse about it than Clinton would have been. I have no hope that she would have actually stopped or even toned down our war machine. But she sure as poo poo wouldn’t be bombing as indiscriminately or playing nuclear brinkmanship with North Korea.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

The Muppets On PCP posted:

yeah if anything president clinton would've bombed something in syria more important than an empty runway

Since Trump's inauguration what we have been leading and doing has absolutely been more devastating than what we were doing in the past few years. I don't mean to like be demeaning, but like do you listen to any particular anti-Dem left-wing news sources which say such things I can take a look at?

The Telegraph posted:

The US-led coalition killed nearly 500 civilians in one month in its pursuit of Islamic State militants in Syria, in what the United Nations has called a “staggering loss of life”.

Some 470 civilians, including 137 children, died in air strikes on the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil)-held cities of Raqqa and Deir Ezzor in eastern Syria between May 23 and June 23.

The Independent posted:

More than 40,000 civilians were killed in the devastating battle to retake Mosul from Isis, according to intelligence reports revealed exclusively to The Independent – a death toll far higher than previous estimates.

treasured8elief fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 30, 2017

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
excuse me, this is the thunderdome, not takingshitpostsseriouslydome

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Really mass murderers who kill somewhat fewer women and children than other mass murderers deserve a medal.

Obama sometimes restrained himself from murdering Arabs what a hero.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Good to know the lives of those women and children have no value to you...

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lol at the shill for babykillers posturing about the value of human lives. I'm sure the families wrecked by America's murder campaign are really comforted by your reminder that we had the ability to murder even more of their people.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Nevvy Z posted:

Good to know the lives of those women and children have no value to you...
This is an... odd response :rolleyes:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm sure Hillary would have bombed those women and children in a much more empowering, centrist, Very Serious way, and not in a gross Republican way. It makes a lot of difference to the women and children how they got bombed, you know.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Hey why did Trump inherit an open-ended authorization to war on anyone for any reason and a full-on bombing campaign to easily take over? Oh right because Obama cared more about butchering Arab kids than he did about protecting some of them from a subsequent Republican administration that loves murder more than he did.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

WampaLord posted:

I'm sure Hillary would have bombed those women and children in a much more empowering, centrist, Very Serious way, and not in a gross Republican way. It makes a lot of difference to the women and children how they got bombed, you know.

exactly. she probably wouldn't have bombed women and kids directly, but she would've ramped up her arms deals to gcc states in exchange for donations to the clinton foundation

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
trump be escalating our involvement in the saudi-iranian proxy war like this: eh-eh-eh-eh-ehhh

clinton be escalating our involvement in the saudi-iranian proxy war like this: doot-doot-doot-doo-doo

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

It's worth pointing out that the 40,000 tally from your second article is from July, and was an estimate based on the prior nine months of fighting - which is to say that if Trump deserves blame for that (and he does), then so does Obama, since it started under Obama's watch.

"Telegraph posted:

The figure given by Mr Zebari for the number of civilians killed in the nine-month siege is far higher than those previously reported, but the intelligence service of the Kurdistan Regional Government has a reputation for being extremely accurate and well-informed. Isis prevented any monitoring of casualties while outside groups have largely focused on air strikes rather than artillery and rocket fire as a cause of civilian deaths. Airwars, one such monitoring group, estimated that attacks may have killed 5,805 non-military personnel in the city between 19 February and 19 June.

Which gets at the real problem. There's no such thing as a U.S. President who doesn't subscribe to U.S. exceptionalism, and there's no such thing as a U.S. exceptionalism that doesn't use as its foundation a pile of corpses.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yea, and for the record, even if we were in the wacky alternate timeline where Bernie won, he'd be bombing women and children too. It's not a problem unique to one party, it's endemic to how hosed up the military industrial complex is. Forever wars are profitable!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

VitalSigns posted:

Lol at the shill for babykillers posturing about the value of human lives. I'm sure the families wrecked by America's murder campaign are really comforted by your reminder that we had the ability to murder even more of their people.

"Americans died so the difference in the dead foreigners doesn't matter"

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

What difference does it make??

Drones? You mean like the ones delivering products for Amazon dot com?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

VitalSigns posted:

Hey why did Trump inherit an open-ended authorization to war on anyone for any reason and a full-on bombing campaign to easily take over? Oh right because Obama cared more about butchering Arab kids than he did about protecting some of them from a subsequent Republican administration that loves murder more than he did.

Because the presidency will be forever passed down a lineage of wise philosopher kings, so it is not a problem that the office has been accumulating unprecedented powers with no oversight.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nevvy Z posted:

"Americans died so the difference in the dead foreigners doesn't matter"

I'm not sure exactly how you got that from VitalSigns' post.

I would agree with you if people were saying "you shouldn't vote for the Democratic candidate in the general election because of this", but I don't think that's the point. It's just that both parties deserve to be condemned for this. Obviously the Republicans are even worse, but the Democrats don't deserve to be applauded for being evil-but-not-quite-as-much.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

🎶I cried on September Eleventh, as though I'd lost a brother of mine,
And I marched when Bush bombed Baghdad, his great international crime,
But those Yemeni kids got what was comin', they got what they asked for this time!

Love me love me love me, I'm a liberal.

I cheered when Obama was chosen, my faith in the system restored
And I'll never forgive old Ralph Nader for stealing two thousand from Gore.
If I can look up to the White House, then I don't see what's wrong with the wars

So love me love me🎵, etc etc

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 31, 2017

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

I'm not sure exactly how you got that from VitalSigns' post.

I dunno he seems pretty happy to use them as props.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Nevvy Z posted:

I dunno he seems pretty happy to use them as props.
This is so, so revealing.

You can't understand how anyone else could have regard for human life, so to you the opposition to lighting up kids and bombing wedding parties can't actually be a serious ethical belief, it must be some kind of trick.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 31, 2017

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Previa_fun posted:

img-tim-kaine-daily-show-doorknocker

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I would agree with you if people were saying "you shouldn't vote for the Democratic candidate in the general election because of this", but I don't think that's the point. It's just that both parties deserve to be condemned for this. Obviously the Republicans are even worse, but the Democrats don't deserve to be applauded for being evil-but-not-quite-as-much.

Yep.

I voted for Hillary Clinton obviously, because the Democratic Party (correctly) calculated that if they gave me the choice between two mass murderers I'd have no choice but to pick the less bad one. And it didn't help, she lost anyway, too bad Hillary cared more about getting paydays from Wall Street than about winning the election at all costs so she could protect some of those kids the ones she didn't plan to bomb herself.

Too bad Obama was more interested in blowing civilians into pieces to feed his MIC friends than in considering what another Republican administration would do with an open-ended authorization to war as much as they want and a turnkey drone program that he helped develop, I hope it was worth it!

You'd think we'd learn from this that nominating butchers and warmongers on the Democratic ticket is a bad idea, because even if they win it doesn't slow down the war machine anyway, but Nevvy Z is determined to not learn anything, oh well

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I dunno why your @ing me. I supported Bernie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Cuz you're furiously trying to spin any criticism of Obama's wars as virtue signaling? :shrug: feel free to stop at any time.

• Locked thread