Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Fast Food is American peasant cuisine. Please, respect my people's native culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer
Nah man, I actually think Frasier is really good. I feel like the "Oh, it thinks it's so smart" attitude comes from people who haven't watched much. Actually it's just good slapstick farce, just the two main characters are pretentious, prissy, and overeducated social climbers. Oh well, to each their own.

revolther
May 27, 2008
Frasier is golden era daffy duck with the twist of he's rich so it's punching up.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
You're supposed to laugh at Frasier

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

Cosmik Slop posted:

Daphne: Doing a bit of crank, eh? I had a boyfriend back in Manchester that used to snort lines off me backside.

Niles gazes longingly into the middle distance

Frasier, pouring sweat: Good heavens, Niles, this is the finest crystal since Waterford set up a little shop in Ireland.

Woah.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

revolther posted:

Frasier is golden era daffy duck with the twist of he's rich so it's punching up.

Does that make Martin the Bugs Bunny?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Inescapable Duck posted:

Does that make Martin the Bugs Bunny?

No that's Eddie

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
drat, you're right.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Frasier is great television and anyone who doesn’t like it is threatened by perceived intelligence, hth :smug:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
they should do a frasier remake where he's a software engineer who's way too into bitcoin

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

JUSt watched the episode where Frasier can’t handle daphne having sex in her room so he wants her to never have sex and when she suggests moving out so she can have adult relationships he doesn’t want that either

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

oldpainless posted:

JUSt watched the episode where Frasier can’t handle daphne having sex in her room so he wants her to never have sex and when she suggests moving out so she can have adult relationships he doesn’t want that either

The best part is that Roz tells him in the very beginning "this is none of your business! Stay out of it." And he ignored that 100% and came off super creepy and controlling

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Ride The Gravitron posted:

The best part is that Roz tells him in the very beginning "this is none of your business! Stay out of it." And he ignored that 100% and came off super creepy and controlling

roz is once again the best character

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I wonder if Daphne paid rent or staying was a benefit

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Dang the episode where Roz wears the Betsy Ross outfit is doing things to what’s in my pants

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Calaveron posted:

I wonder if Daphne paid rent or staying was a benefit

i feel like if she was staying rent free frasier would have held it over her head at some point

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Calaveron posted:

Dang the episode where Roz wears the Betsy Ross outfit is doing things to what’s in my pants

Betsy roz

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

maskenfreiheit posted:

i feel like if she was staying rent free frasier would have held it over her head at some point

It's a live in position so it was just calculated into her pay I believe.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.

maskenfreiheit posted:

It...?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

The free rent
(Eg: “I let you live here rent free so it’s reasonable for me to expect you never to have male guests”)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

you can't truly be this bad at reading

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

food court bailiff posted:

you can't truly be this bad at reading

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming it was a clumsy attempt to say Frasier was holding his penis (it) over her

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
all hey Daphne heres a blood pudding for ya

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

maskenfreiheit posted:

(Eg: “I let you live here rent free so it’s reasonable for me to expect you never to have male guests”)

To be fair if you had a live-in maid/physical therapist and she started dragging in tramps to sex with you'd get pretty upset too

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
And the only reason he didn't let her go and get her own place like a normal human being was because of Niles and his creepy, perverted obsession

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Calaveron posted:

And the only reason he didn't let her go and get her own place like a normal human being was because of Niles and his creepy, perverted obsession

Nah, it was because he and his dad were driving each other nuts without her as a buffer.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

in le cigar volant, frasier books the table for Dr Pleasure Dinosaur

and he gets pissy when they don't have his table when he says his name is Dr Frasier Crane

does he understand how booking tables works??

lol i'm actually watching "Dinner at Eight" (isn't there another episode where they actually do go there?) and one of my favorite jokes isn't actually a joke: when they end going to the steakhouse they're all dismissive at the fact it used to be a saw mill, but nowadays if you opened a steakhouse in a retrofitted saw mill it would be insanely loving baller. also the steaks they were serving there looked like really big, good steaks - they'd be expensive as hell today. Martin even mentions they're from good beef too.

that steakhouse would be trendy as hell

Tumble fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 31, 2017

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It would probably serve whole pig's head and some real fancy beers.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It would probably serve whole pig's head and some real fancy beers.

I went to a place that served pig's heads and fancy beers. It was just ok. Probably why it went under:

http://www.charlatanchicago.com/

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Tumble posted:

lol i'm actually watching "Dinner at Eight" (isn't there another episode where they actually do go there?) and one of my favorite jokes isn't actually a joke: when they end going to the steakhouse they're all dismissive at the fact it used to be a saw mill, but nowadays if you opened a steakhouse in a retrofitted saw mill it would be insanely loving baller. also the steaks they were serving there looked like really big, good steaks - they'd be expensive as hell today. Martin even mentions they're from good beef too.

that steakhouse would be trendy as hell

dads are good at doing things before they're cool

my dad used to go to a farmer's market back when that was mostly where people on WIC went to get more bang for their buck

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Drinking a cold Ballantine Ale rn in honour of Marty Crane :patriot:

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Zohn posted:

Nah man, I actually think Frasier is really good. I feel like the "Oh, it thinks it's so smart" attitude comes from people who haven't watched much. Actually it's just good slapstick farce, just the two main characters are pretentious, prissy, and overeducated social climbers. Oh well, to each their own.

I still laugh every time I watch The Ski Lodge.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

happyhippy posted:

Fraiser loving sucked.

Oh woe is me, I'm rich as gently caress but cant get the top off this jar. *audience shits themselves with laughter*

Fraiser was the 90s version of Big Bang Theory, people watched it because they thought it was more intelligent than other sitcoms.

Sounds like you've got some Jungian issues

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rambling Robot posted:

I still laugh every time I watch The Ski Lodge.

Probably the best one

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Probably the best one

best ep is unanimously the radio drama

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

The Wonder Weapon posted:

He's got a nug!

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Truth

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My other favorite gag is Fraiser is such a loser he was in the high school chess club...

...barbershop quartet called the "checkmates".

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

algebra testes posted:

My other favorite gag is Fraiser is such a loser he was in the high school chess club...

...barbershop quartet called the "checkmates".

The S6 opener and the episode immediately after are some of my favourites- it’s a great little arc and it has this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Which one of them?