Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Dear God, it's the Red Hot Chili Peppers "feud" all over again...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Man, Greg Gutfeld. You ever meet someone who has built an identity around the idea of them being a funny guy, but they aren't actually that funny?

gutfeld is a tool but he's got okay taste in music

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

WE GET IT YOU DON'T LIKE COLDPLAY. MOVE ON. (org)

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Glenn Beck seems to think Manafort is going to roll over on Trump but he swears "Manafort is a bad guy, he'll just make stuff up to stay out of prison"

The level these people will stoop to in order to defend people is astounding.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Remember when Glenn Beck was a changed man for like five minutes after Trump won?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Glenn Beck seems to think Manafort is going to roll over on Trump but he swears "Manafort is a bad guy, he'll just make stuff up to stay out of prison"

The level these people will stoop to in order to defend people is astounding.

Yeah, FOX, Rush and Sean are gonna have their work cut out for them after today

Here's how FOX is reacting to Manafort news

https://twitter.com/CitizenCohn/status/924972754046214144

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
So how about them hamburger emojis?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I don't understand this uranium deal thing. Surely they are pinning the whole thing on Hillary because she was the head of one of many of the departments that had to sign off on hit, so she was personally involved in decisions for personal gain?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I keep reading his name as manafart.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Faustian Bargain posted:

I don't understand this uranium deal thing. Surely they are pinning the whole thing on Hillary because she was the head of one of many of the departments that had to sign off on hit, so she was personally involved in decisions for personal gain?

There's nothing to get. It's just shouting 'Hillary' and 'Crooked deal!!' over and over and allowing the base create their own reality with it. I've already seen it take hold with several people I know.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

stealing this from the Trump thread before the Paul Manafort (D) captions and smearing start:

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/766819052656340993

EDIT:

I wonder sometimes how much FOX and Rush's ratings consist of people like me who tune in to see mental gymnastics and rationalizing and poo poo. Cause I"m gonna listen to Rush on my lunch hour and I can't be the only on doing it for that reason.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Faustian Bargain posted:

The uranium deal thing is: uranium is very scary and Clinton got some money that if you squint is related. Of course the actual facts are that the vast majority of the money was from a guy who sold all his stake in the company three years prior to this deal, the uranium is for power plants and not nuclear missiles, the uranium can't leave the country, and yeah the state department is only one of the nine departments that had to sign off on this. Here's Snopes's run down of the whole thing. Basically they just really really really really need something else to talk about right now.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Faustian Bargain posted:

Hillary Clinton personally approved a deal by strong arming nine different agencies into agreeing to for monetary gains she would later receive from her foundation from Russia. Which you will also note is a prominent noun in the Steele dossier which it turns out was paid for by HILLARY CLINTON! So as you can see, Hillary and Russia made up a phony-baloney Russian Collusion story about Trump to hide their own collusion to buy uranium and that;s bad.
Lol, and you clowns want to talk manaport? That guy is so crooked even Obama was on to him. Of course it took a Trump justice department to finally arrest him. I can't wait to see what he says when he finally rolls on Hillary. He had such a limited role with Trump I'm p sure everyone knows he was a plant the whole time.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Also the silver bullet that short circuits all these stupid scandals is that the Clinton Foundation's books have been totally open and if they could actually show the money going into their pockets it would be trivially easy to do so.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Faustian Bargain posted:

I think they're speaking to two audiences here - the MAGA "lock her up!" types, and the people who only read headlines or are otherwise dimly aware of news and politics. The details don't actually matter for either audience, so it's just a matter of repeating it enough to keep the waters muddy.

To the headline-reader crowd, "Trump may have worked with the Russians, and that's bad" is as far as their understanding of the situation goes. So, if Sean Hannity says "hey, Hillary worked with the Russians too!" then they fall back to their "oh, well both sides are bad, the status quo is good" pattern of thinking and go back to probably not voting.

As for the hardcore Trumpists, well, you could tell them that Hillary yawned at a meeting and they'd be frothing at the mouth to give Trump more money so he can personally arrest her. So the Uranium deal "scandal" is like catnip for them.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

In case anyone's curious, what little I heard from Rush today suggests the news is who funded the Dossier and also uranium. Also, the conservative think tank who started the oppo research had something to with climate change.

So yeah.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Running with the uranium distraction as they prepare their 'evidence' about how Manafort, Gates and Webster's Dad were never really True Republicans and were only in it for the money. Eventually, the two will merge by way of eldritch magicks and PRESTO: it's Hillary and Obama's fault.

Same as it ever was.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Faustian Bargain posted:

they're desperate as gently caress and they know that getting people pissed off about hillary clinton is a proven attention grabber

this is when you really get to see the marks and rubes in your life, they're very easy to spot now because they're still going to be mad as hell about hillary clinton

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/lispower1/status/925076197020758016
Even for Fox, this is really something.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Hey, kids! Guess what's back in the news!

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/925086974716928000

How long before hauling Hillary Clinton before yet another hearing that reveals nothing?

Also, if this guy is the alleged planner of the Beghazi attack, does that mean Clinton and Obama still planned it? :thunk:

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Wow.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Leofish posted:

Hey, kids! Guess what's back in the news!

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/925086974716928000

How long before hauling Hillary Clinton before yet another hearing that reveals nothing?

Also, if this guy is the alleged planner of the Beghazi attack, does that mean Clinton and Obama still planned it? :thunk:

wait- I thought we'd already killed him years ago?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/925092875406381056

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Literally fake news.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LOL how is he this loving stupid

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/925076822307622912

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

The replies to this are wonderful.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
krang died for our sins

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Ok so I braved a little RWM today. Seems clear the talking points went out and they are:

1. Meuller is biased and a Democrat and therefore compromised. Smear Mueller.
2. Dossier/Opposition research funding
3. Uranium deal - it sold out our national security and HRC is directly responsible and benefited financially. Also Obama.
4. There is a double standard for justice and Trump is being picked on. Why no Hillary investigation?
5. No collusion.

They are hitting these things loving hard. Never mind there are answers and counter arguments to all these things.

1. That's absurd. Mueller is a registered Republican and was appointed by GWB and confirmed unanimously for starters.
2. It was originally funded by a RW think tank that hated Trump. Opposition research is not illegal.
3. There is nothing untoward here. The uranium is not for weapons, it has nothing to do with national security and it can't even leave the U.S.
4. Hillary has been thoroughly investigated and is still being investigated. She's also not the President. The books for the Clinton Foundation are open, unlike Trump'stax returns.
5. Yet. And that's still deflecting because those aren't the charges and the investigation is not finished.

Hannity sounded loving pissed today and just rambled for the 10 minutes I listened to him. These people are obviously shook and continually double down but it's a shame that half the country still believes their bullshit. The persecution complex is endless and all it takes is one investigator or judge to have ever voted for or donated to a Democrat to discredit them in their eyes.

They're in full "nuh-uh, YOU colluded" mode and I expect it to continue. They're strategy is akin to a 5 year old kid wearing a parent down for some ice cream or a toy through sheer attrition. I don't know how Hannitya and Rush can sleep at night.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

2. It was originally funded by a RW think tank that hated Trump. Opposition research is not illegal.

I think you're misunderstanding the thrust of their argument. You understand that opposition research is research, meaning that it's paying people to dig up actual poo poo that can be used against that candidate. A lot of people hear opposition research and they think it's a bunch of propagandists orchestrating a smear campaign by inventing poo poo. They think that Hillary Clinton's lawyer paying for the research is proof that it's concocted bullshit, please ignore that usually you make propaganda to then deploy instead of holding on to it until after it could be of any help.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
New rule: No posting tweets without also posting their text! I'm tired of links to nowhere!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

because he's mill bitchell and he's our dad now

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

HootTheOwl posted:

New rule: No posting tweets without also posting their text! I'm tired of links to nowhere!

:yeah:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

HootTheOwl posted:

Not to mention causing bird site's all knowing never ever wrong ALGORITHUM thinking the conclusion that regressives are good, get more pro-regressive.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/offalnaut/status/925014812786085888

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Rex-Goliath posted:

Also the silver bullet that short circuits all these stupid scandals is that the Clinton Foundation's books have been totally open and if they could actually show the money going into their pockets it would be trivially easy to do so.

I don't think there's any one silver bullet for the desperation of the paranoid mind.

Leofish posted:

No, note that it says a planner of Benghazi. He's small peas, Hillary and Obama are the two major co-conspirators. About two or three dozens more congressional investigations will uncover that, but I guess we're too PC a country for that kind of thing.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

James Woods posted a link to yournewswire, a known fake news site, about how Morgan Freeman thinks Hillary Clinton should be in jail. Looks like he figured out it was bogus and deleted the tweet.

E: https://twitter.com/jessehawken/status/925114783728365570

toanoradian posted:

No, note that it says a planner of Benghazi. He's small peas, Hillary and Obama are the two major co-conspirators. About two or three dozens more congressional investigations will uncover that, but I guess we're too PC a country for that kind of thing.

Oh my God, you're right. Somebody should get to the bottom of this!

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 31, 2017

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

An aside from the indictment fever, but Hannity's movie made about $2 million at the box office and has spent all day letting it go to his head.
https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/925136394183421953

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

TGLT posted:

I think you're misunderstanding the thrust of their argument. You understand that opposition research is research, meaning that it's paying people to dig up actual poo poo that can be used against that candidate. A lot of people hear opposition research and they think it's a bunch of propagandists orchestrating a smear campaign by inventing poo poo. They think that Hillary Clinton's lawyer paying for the research is proof that it's concocted bullshit, please ignore that usually you make propaganda to then deploy instead of holding on to it until after it could be of any help.

I think I understand it fine.

maybe I worded it poorly.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What Fox & Friends Covered Instead of Manafort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Pants Donkey posted:

An aside from the indictment fever, but Hannity's movie made about $2 million at the box office and has spent all day letting it go to his head.
https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/925136394183421953

Are you sure he made money legitimately and this isn't a combination of wingnut welfare and some The Producers poo poo where he's profiting from an actual flop?