Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is Wizard the only Rider who actually has a place to hold his form change gadgets?

Faiz and OOOs both had the physicality of their henshin devices and trinkets acknowledged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Drive kept a couple of cars on his belt, at least.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
medals were so unwieldy that eiji was largely unable to function without ankh.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
most riders have a transformation gadget storage on their hips, they can only carry two or three at a time, but they're there.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The Ex-Aid docs have the belt holster that they also use for Stage Select.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Unless they're too manly like most of the showa riders and don't need no fancy form switches to beat some rear end.

I'm sure that Hongo would find some way to take it away from them and beat them to death with it anyway.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
Decade had the card book that turned into his gun and sword.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Fezz posted:

The Ex-Aid docs have the belt holster that they also use for Stage Select.

Not to mention pretty much every Ex-Aid rider normally wears a coat or jacket so it's easy to justify them carrying additional Gashats beyond what they might have in those holsters

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
none of them really need to swap a bunch of different gashats out, so the little holster is good enough.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

none of them really need to swap a bunch of different gashats out, so the little holster is good enough.
Emu must be clacking while he walks by the end, though.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is Wizard the only Rider who actually has a place to hold his form change gadgets?

You could see Gaim carrying around some lock seeds on a chain on his belt.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

medals were so unwieldy that eiji was largely unable to function without ankh.

Ankh was basically his coach though, and would usually throw Eiji medal combos without him asking.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SpazmasterX posted:

Ankh was basically his coach though, and would usually throw Eiji medal combos without him asking.
And his tactical advice was always solid. My favorite part of that was how bad the detective was at it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jeez, I had no idea there were so many Heisei era Rider shows. I don't recall Ultraman having so many. Was that due to the licensing disputes?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

PMush Perfect posted:

Drive kept a couple of cars on his belt, at least.

The cars were also there in civilian form to explain how he and what's her face weren't affected by slowdown

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

coconono posted:

Jeez, I had no idea there were so many Heisei era Rider shows. I don't recall Ultraman having so many. Was that due to the licensing disputes?

Rider's had a steady Saturday morning timeslot since Kuuga in 2000, Ultraman hasn't been a yearly thing for reasons I don't know (don't really follow Ultraman), so it was going to fall behind on the basis that there have been as many Rider seasons as there literally could have been since 2000.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The cars were also there in civilian form to explain how he and what's her face weren't affected by slowdown
Kiriko? Kimiko? The girl who should've been the secondary rider.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

Kiriko? Kimiko? The girl who should've been the secondary rider.

Kiriko, yep. And agreed, Gou just kind of spun his wheels (lol) for a lot of the series so giving his plot over to Kiriko would've been great. Though she would've had to inherit the hating-roidmude aspect too to make the final VS Banno scene work and that would've complicated the whole Chase crush thing a bit. I trust Sanjo could've made it good though.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Is Nico the other half of Team Rocket, as someone else put it earlier? :allears:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think dropping chase's crush would have been any great loss.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

and that would've complicated the whole Chase crush thing a bit.
If by that you mean it would've made it interesting, then yes, I agree. I mean, cliche as all gently caress, but interesting.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Build has been really enjoyable to watch so far. The suits are fantastic and I'm impressed at the colour choices they picked for them, I don't think I've seen one that looked gaudy (compared to say, Meteor Storm). Ninja/Comic comes close but it manages to pull it off. The writing is good too, it's been a while since I like the whole cast. Banjou was kind of irritating when he was so gung-ho about proving his innocence but the clown suit gag redeems him. :all ears: I'm looking forward to seeing Takigawa (hopefully) get some development with the ending twist, she's been low key up to now (she's had such a low presence I had to look up her name...)

I'm also pretty amused with the last two title equations, they're based on named mathematical results: Episode 8's equation is Hurwitz's Theorem (here's a paper that discusses it) and Episode 9 is Catalan's conjecture. Whoever is picking these out is putting a lot of effort in researching them.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Coming off Ex-Aid my only gripe with Build is I feel like they've left Banjo waiting to henshin a bit long. The actual reveal is going to need to be massive to live up to how long they've been teasing it.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Coq au Nandos posted:

Coming off Ex-Aid my only gripe with Build is I feel like they've left Banjo waiting to henshin a bit long. The actual reveal is going to need to be massive to live up to how long they've been teasing it.

On the one hand there have been Kamen Rider series where it took until the mid teen episodes or later to get a second rider, Drive, W, Wizard, OOO, and Den-O come to mind off the top of my head. On the other hand those don't usually have those secondary riders hang around as part of the cast before their first transformation, so yeah, this does kinda feel weird.

I am a little confused about how Banjo is only hazard level 2.5 and growing when it takes a level of 3.0 to retain human form during gas exposure.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Akett posted:

I am a little confused about how Banjo is only hazard level 2.5 and growing when it takes a level of 3.0 to retain human form during gas exposure.
My theory right now is that they knew these two idiots were special well before they actually exposed them, and set them up in particular, rather than just being Random Fall Guys Who Just Happened To Get Plot Juice Powers..

Edit: If there really are Martians in Build, that is gonna make the plot of Fourze way funnier.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Oct 30, 2017

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why does the Lion Bottle let him shoot Hadoukens?

It makes more sense in Ganbarizing, but is also more boring, where Lion just roars and "bites" the enemy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1ejlDsYxYY

Akett posted:

3.0+ is needed to utilize the Build Driver, not to keep human form. Anything above 2.0 will keep human form. Banjou, apparently, started at 2.5 (likely lower, since Sento said he was powering up with Dragon a few episodes ago), so he didn't turn into a Smash but also can't utilize the Build Driver.

Cross Dragon likely fixes this so he can become Kamen Rider Cross-Z, or he'll climb to 3 soon (he's at 2.7 IIRC so he's not very far from it).

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I guess the official lyrics for Be The One came out, since OT's lyrics changed? I never listen too closely but it's funny how I had no issues with them before, but now that they're updated I hear the new lyrics clearly. Though I imagine if they changed again it'd have the same effect, I do not have good ears.

Re: Ep 9- Who the heck was Katsuragi's Build promo video for? It's one thing if he was using that to pitch his experiments, but he sent it to be hidden with his mom so...? At least the shared "See you!" quirk all but confirms the body swap theories.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
I can't believe I didn't catch that wolf and smartphone being a best match was a faiz reference.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I guess the official lyrics for Be The One came out, since OT's lyrics changed?

Someone’s been nagging them about it for a month or so (and I think they’re still nagging them about other poo poo).

I still think “Voltech Finish” sounds cooler than “Vortex Finish” (which sounds like it should have some kind of suction element every time), but I’m the kind of person who enjoys Nonsense Words and is okay sacrificing a little accuracy if motivations behind the words are still accurate and clear.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, Voltech Finish sounded cooler.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Oh boy, that reveal with the reporter working with the President of Nanba Heavy is likely foreboding.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Voltech? Maybe they were going for a Pulseman / Pokemon reference? Volteccer / Volt Tackle etc.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Personally, I think it sounds closer to "Voltic" than vortex.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Is Vortex on actual Build magazine/promo materials? It bothers me since, as far as I can hear, there's no 'cks' on the end of the call-out. It sounds like boruteku - Voltic/Voltech, not borutekkusu - Vortex. They could be intentionally leaving the last part out to make it easier/shorter to say, but that is annoying.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

There's only one possible answer.

Boruto Finish

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Is Vortex on actual Build magazine/promo materials? It bothers me since, as far as I can hear, there's no 'cks' on the end of the call-out. It sounds like boruteku - Voltic/Voltech, not borutekkusu - Vortex. They could be intentionally leaving the last part out to make it easier/shorter to say, but that is annoying.

Could be a similar situation to it being called Pandora Box rather than Pandora's Box.

Edit: Plot twist, everyone has a cold and it's actually Bandora Box and Build is a Zyuranger sequel.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Man Ex-Aid really is becoming my fave hesei era toku. It avoids hitting that "make our own neon genesis evanglion" button like the earlier hesei riders (EG Agito and 555) and Ultraman Nexus. Somehow, through all the loud colorful madness, it tells a pretty rewarding story.

To me, a good show is a rewarding puzzle box. You get pieces laid out in the beginning and as the story progresses you see the pieces move around reveal new things. Ex-Aid is right up there with Garo in terms of story telling. The characters are laid out well enough that even the most irrationally presented one makes sense eventually.

The ballshit colors really make me wonder why American stuff like Flash or Arrow can't get the colors to pop more. Wear more plastic, Barry.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
So Lucky doesn't use his portal creating powers to redirect their reflected finishing attack? Instead he just applies unlimited power?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

V-Men posted:

So Lucky doesn't use his portal creating powers to redirect their reflected finishing attack? Instead he just applies unlimited power?

I gave up on the Kyurangers utilizing their powers correctly the moment the Gemini Kyutama came out.

1) Can multiply its user an apparently unlimited amount of times.
2) Works on mecha, including combinations.
3) It gets used...very rarely. Despite being ridiculously powerful, by far the single strongest thing in the Kyurangers' arsenal considering there's no reason to believe it wouldn't work on Leo Red Orion thus making him even more ridiculously powerful.

Also there's videos for the W and Ex-Aid Best Matches and the toys are as boring as the actual designs. They didn't even bother recording new lines for them, Ex-Aid reuses "Mighty Jump! Mighty Kick! Mighty, Mighty Action X!" (literally reuses, it's the exact same audio) while W has nothing but the CycloneJoker sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8E_olt8QHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itlFwng0guI

The only bad thing of Build is the toys. But goddamn they're bad. Both the Build Driver and Fullbottles are awful and the Legend Rider stuff is this lazy, geez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The legend rider poo poo is ALWAYS boring and awful and the belt for Build is relatively simple and kind of refreshing after the last few riders.