Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im gobblers :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/ValveTime/status/924940064978821120

yeah, rip

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I am an extremely horny pregnant piss-slut. Furthermore, I have a decently-sized collection of flax seed and feathers.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

I am an extremely horny pregnant piss-slut. Furthermore, I have a decently-sized collection of flax seed and feathers.

ASL?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Terrible Games: Loves To Perform Cunnilingus. Don't Ask.

I love that their sales pitch is, "Hope Steam doesn't ban us!"

Thank. loving. God.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

PM sent.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Between her horrible posture and comical oversized breast, her back has got to hurt like a mother fucker. That bothers me way more than anything else about this, lumber pain is no joke.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I dont know posted:

Between her horrible posture and comical oversized breast, her back has got to hurt like a mother fucker. That bothers me way more than anything else about this, lumber pain is no joke.

She's got 44 lumber to spare, don't worry.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Thank. loving. God.

I don't know, it seems less like quality control and more like Steam's trying to cover their asses (sorry, couldn't think of a proper sex joke as it's late here).

I mean, I'm not opposed to sex (in videogames or otherwise), and honestly, if Steam wants to sell tittygames they should have the balls (again, can't think of a sex joke) to let people post the uncensor patches or sell the games unadulterated. What Steam should be doing is to make it easier for people to exclude certain material from their ques if they want (i.e. make it visible on the front page/store page), as well as curate incoming games to ensure quality control. If people want sex in their games, that's fine, but if people want rape in theor games, then you should call the police.

Also games that have sex in them should be about more than just the shagging, but that's a different subject.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
But a vast majority of these ARE low quality trash. Remember that literal picture book about the dick elf? They're not loving asset flips at least.

I wish Steam would loving get their poo poo together, the market is unpleasant to visit anymore.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

Bonus points for making the tagline for a game about sexually induced interdimensional teleportation, "Stop the earth! I'm getting off!"

I... uh... my friend wants to see these intimate details as well.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

But a vast majority of these ARE low quality trash. Remember that literal picture book about the dick elf? They're not loving asset flips at least.

Yeah, those can just gently caress off- like I said, what Steam needs is increased curation, not making easily worked-around loopholes.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

CommissarMega posted:

I mean, I'm not opposed to sex (in videogames or otherwise),
lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
There's literally never been a video game with sex in it that wasn't bad wank fodder (besides abstract stuff like Genital Jousting)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

CommissarMega posted:

I mean, I'm not opposed to sex (in videogames or otherwise), and honestly, if Steam wants to sell tittygames they should have the balls (again, can't think of a sex joke) to let people post the uncensor patches or sell the games unadulterated.

Supposedly this runs afoul of content laws in several countries Valve does business in. They'd have to region lock those games and maybe not even make them visible in the store.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

60/m/damcyan

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Sure you all think this sounds like Valve taking a stand against garbage tittygames but my gut tells me this just means they are working on a way to monetize the nudey patches themselves.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

dromal phrenia posted:

Sure you all think this sounds like Valve taking a stand against garbage tittygames but my gut tells me this just means they are working on a way to monetize the nudey patches themselves.

Upgrade to Steamy Steam NOW for only $59.99/mo

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Improbable Lobster posted:

There's literally never been a video game with sex in it that wasn't bad wank fodder (besides abstract stuff like Genital Jousting)

I thought the 2014 Wolfenstein handled it's sex scene pretty well. It didn't exactly linger, though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Eela6 posted:

I thought the 2014 Wolfenstein handled it's sex scene pretty well. It didn't exactly linger, though.

Does it keep a tally of all the sex acts BJ has done over the course of the game?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

If you want to see good sex in games let me introduce you to Robert Yang

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Does it keep a tally of all the sex acts BJ has done over the course of the game?

every time BJ gets a BJ he jumps between the Wyatt and Fergus timelines

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Same only all fiction regardless of medium.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

all literature is about professors who want to gently caress their students

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

GTA5 is fine i guess? like i don't really get why that's in there beyond flavor, but calling the game "bad wank fodder" is a stretch

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

GTA5 is fine i guess? like i don't really get why that's in there beyond flavor, but calling the game "bad wank fodder" is a stretch

The strip club stuff was terrible. Not so much the nudity, but the "grope the dancer while the bouncer isn't looking to get her affection up" mechanic.

Whenever sex and GTA are brought up I think of this email from Sam Houser during the development of San Andreas.

Sam Houser posted:

[J]ennifer, how are we going to handle the approval of certain bits of content in sa [San Andreas], we are keen to include new functionality and interaction in line with the ‘vibe' of the game. to this end, in addition to the violence and bad language, we want to include sexual content, which I understand is questionable to certain people, but pretty natural (more than violence), when you think about it and consider the fact that the game is intended for adults. Here are some examples of content that will be displayed graphically:

blowjobs
full sex (multiple positions)
dildo sex (including being able to kills [sic] someone with a dildo)
whipping (being whipped)
masturbation (one of the characters is compulsive; this MUST be kept)

all of these items are displayed both through cutsecnes [sic] and in-game. I know this is a tricky area but I want to find a way for this work; the concept of a glorified shop (walmart) telling us what we can/can't put in our game is just unacceptable on so many levels. All of this material is perfectly reasonable for an adult (of course it is!), so we need to push to continue to have our medium accepted and respected as a mainstream entertainment platform, we have always been about pushing the boundaries; we cannot stop here. . . . how do we proceed with this? we really don't want to cut these areas. please advise.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
wait who was the compulsive masturbator? it's been a long time... do you meet love fist in san andreas?

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

The White Dragon posted:

wait who was the compulsive masturbator? it's been a long time... do you meet love fist in san andreas?

It's been ages since I played so I'm just going to pretend that was originally CJ's sole character trait.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
All you had to do Cj is run the drat train

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Randallteal posted:

The strip club stuff was terrible. Not so much the nudity, but the "grope the dancer while the bouncer isn't looking to get her affection up" mechanic.

Whenever sex and GTA are brought up I think of this email from Sam Houser during the development of San Andreas.

like I said, I don't like the actual sexual content in GTA5, but it's very much a tertiary part of a game that is largely totally fine

like, if GTA5 didn't have strip clubs it would still totally be GTA5

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like sex.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is nice!

lagcats
Oct 7, 2014

you know the deal

lol wat

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
To add to the shitposting...

It seems like the people behind PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS are really cashing in on their success, by releasing a spin-off:

PLAYERUNKN4WN: Zombie

quote:

Did you wonder what would happen if humanity disappeared from the face of the Earth? No? Alas, but this is not a dream - it's reality.

You are one of the few survivors, a battered virus that turns people into zombies.

The open world will not let you get bored, as it contains a lot of mysteries.

* Find weapons
* collect fruits and vegetables
* take the meat of animals or take them into account.
* Fight the zombies.

And it's single-player only.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
it's probably better optimized

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Bluehole still using pre-made assets I see.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"Take the meat of animals or take them into account" is weirdly haunting

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
What’s wrong with the zombie mode they have already? It’s still 100 people, it supports teams, and the zombies are real people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Click the link.