Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Looks a little Alicia Wikander but that's not a very Tomb Raider situation

e: is this CG or did they film it? These faces and animations man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man idc what people say, I am so loving excited for the SOTC remake. If any game deserves it, it's this one. Even the half-measure "HD" version was ugly as gently caress and had questionable performance. Finally I'll be able to enjoy this 100% without struggling against incredibly bad grafix or framerates.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

well this seems aggressively unpleasant

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
drat that kid just gonna watch this woman hang huh thats cold kid.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tlou2 looking every bit as harsh as the first one I see

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I thought it'd be something neeeeeew but still that's cool as hell. Ok Fromsoft at PSX then..

e: that was definitely a grown up Ellie in that clip, which is awesome

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was honestly not expecting that to be last of us

kind of disappointed considering that felt a little off tonally

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Were those characters even in the 1st game?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lakbay posted:

Were those characters even in the 1st game?

No.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lol, if this tweet is right then psx must be a big blob of nothing

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

none of them were but what is a sequel for if not introducing new characters

Arist posted:

I was honestly not expecting that to be last of us

kind of disappointed considering that felt a little off tonally

idk it felt exactly like tlou to me. the only thing that kept me guessing was that it didn't feature ellie or joel

ufarn
May 30, 2009
So is Ellie like 20 years older? Looked like a flashforward, even compared to the first TLOU2 trailer.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Arist posted:

I don't really like the other God of Wars but I'm really excited for this for some reason
I think the story and setting seems better than the previous games

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MrLonghair posted:

I thought it'd be something neeeeeew but still that's cool as hell. Ok Fromsoft at PSX then..

e: that was definitely a grown up Ellie in that clip, which is awesome

I don't think it was, she looked and sounded way different from the announce video.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I really doubt that was ellie

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DLC Inc posted:

man idc what people say, I am so loving excited for the SOTC remake. If any game deserves it, it's this one. Even the half-measure "HD" version was ugly as gently caress and had questionable performance. Finally I'll be able to enjoy this 100% without struggling against incredibly bad grafix or framerates.

instead you'll just have to struggle against that stupid loving horse :v:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Really looking forward to the Horizon DLC. Going to be an excuse to start again on Very Hard.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Manatee Cannon posted:

none of them were but what is a sequel for if not introducing new characters

idk it felt exactly like tlou to me. the only thing that kept me guessing was that it didn't feature ellie or joel

The thing about the brutality in TLoU is that you were the one doing it, and it served a narrative purpose. This just seemed like, gratuitous.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I checked into that stream just as the finale video was playing. Now the long wait for when the trailers are posted to YouTube so I can binge through them.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

IcePhoenix posted:

instead you'll just have to struggle against that stupid loving horse :v:

Yeah I just couldn't deal with the controls in the HD version. I hope they modernized it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Holy poo poo that sucked.

I was hoping we'd see at least something interesting. If PSX is gonna be just as bad, when's the next JP games conference?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

was there any new gameplay for spiderman or was it just more cinematic poo poo

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Felt a little like Sony told ND to show *something*, and they just gave them something that had finished rendering that made no sense without context.

Only thing I got from the trailer was that there's now a weird religious cult subplot, which wasn't inspiring.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's not even as bad as joel falling on the spike or anything that happened with henry and sam

e: there were also the hunters and david

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I disagree. Like the spike is honestly probs the worst thing in the game but even that I can justify. I had to look away during the arm breaking, ugh.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

was there any new gameplay for spiderman or was it just more cinematic poo poo

it was just a cinematic trailer

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

alright but it totally feels like something that would happen in that series. it was brutal for everyone, constantly. that game was dark

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Whatever. The first game is one of my all-time favorites but I went in not sure that I wanted another Last of Us and I left even less sure of that.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Arist posted:

I disagree. Like the spike is honestly probs the worst thing in the game but even that I can justify. I had to look away during the arm breaking, ugh.

When Joel dies to clickers.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Fix posted:

When Joel dies to clickers.

I forgot about that, true

Actually when he dies to a bloater is waaaaaay worse

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nothing could really top the Spelunky 2 reveal. It was unfair to the other games, really.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Now that Super Mario Odyssey has released, Monster Hunter Worlds is my most anticipated game and it looks very good. Spelunky 2 is also cool and good. I didn't play Shadow of the Colossus for whatever reason, so looking forward to that as well. Don't give a gently caress about the rest of the stuff they showed.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
"At its core, The Last of Us Part II is still very much about Ellie and Joel, but for this reveal, we wanted to showcase several new characters that are integral to their next journey. We’re sure you have many questions after watching this scene.
We’re also pretty sure that we’re going to see all sorts of theories about whom these characters are, where and when this scene takes place, and how all of this fits into Ellie and Joel’s next story. For now we’re keeping mum, but we’re excited to see what y’all make of this piece of the puzzle."

The Last of Us Pt. II is probably going to be a good game gang, relax

Detective No. 27 posted:

Nothing could really top the Spelunky 2 reveal. It was unfair to the other games, really.

this is how I felt after the Guacamelee 2 reveal

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well the only other reveals were a sucker punch game that we barely knew anything about and I guess some vr stuff. spelunky wins by default even if it is really cool and exciting

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

seriously though where was death stranding you fucks

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

SotC remake looks good but I'm not sure if it's a game I'd ever really want to replay. Good for all of you who get to experience it for the first time.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Arist posted:

Whatever. The first game is one of my all-time favorites but I went in not sure that I wanted another Last of Us and I left even less sure of that.
I want lots of The Last of Us, but I don't want anymore Joel and Ellie. There is an entire world out there affected by this apocalyptic scenario and lots of potential stories, we should be following some new characters in Europe or Asia or something.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Brother Entropy posted:

seriously though where was death stranding you fucks

they gotta save something for PSX since there's no way FF7 Remake is in any state to be shown again.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Bubba Smith posted:

"At its core, The Last of Us Part II is still very much about Ellie and Joel, but for this reveal, we wanted to showcase several new characters that are integral to their next journey. We’re sure you have many questions after watching this scene.
We’re also pretty sure that we’re going to see all sorts of theories about whom these characters are, where and when this scene takes place, and how all of this fits into Ellie and Joel’s next story. For now we’re keeping mum, but we’re excited to see what y’all make of this piece of the puzzle."

They're gonna die and Ellie and Joel will survive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

death stranding is at best a 2019 game so I wouldn't expect much from it until maybe e3 if we're lucky. I'd actually be surprised if it came out that soon tho