Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

does france like videogames

Ever heard of David Cage?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

VideoGames posted:

We have not really spoken before, but I have no issue with france.

this was a weird tangential remark that led me to discovering that old man murray's francis the talking france debuted in an article on September 11th, 2000 http://www.oldmanmurray.com/features/78.html

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Viewtiful Jew posted:

What do you make of these mutata?

Obviously Infinity ain't ever coming back but it's odd to see new product using the same art style.

Unless this isn't "New" product so much as it's re-purposed product? Like they wrote off all the unsold figures but they still felt they could make money off the designs in a sense?

There's been a good bit of chatter about these in our ex-Avalanchers Facebook group! I also know of at least one Disney Infinity character artist that is working with/advising on them. It is absolutely a repurposing of our character designs and 3d models, not to mention our brand. The way I see it they didn't have any real reason to do this (aka they aren't selling off old inventory or anything like that) so it seems more like they genuinely liked the design language of the characters and thought that it has financial and artistic merit to do a spin off. Of course their real test will come when they start designing new ones from scratch.

In other words I don't think anyone has any reason to feel bitter or butthurt about it. On the contrary I think it's cool and I hope they sell well. I'll certainly pick up a few if they're quality enough (which knowing DCP is a big question mark but we'll see)!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Oh poo poo:

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/925029582486597639

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/925035145052262407

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Kinda hosed up that we already know the 2018 game of the year

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Kinda hosed up that we already know the 2018 game of the year

Yeah its Dragonball Fighter Z

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Yeah its Dragonball Fighter Z

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Metroid Prime 4 is the only game coming out in 2018

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/brandonnn/status/925032961707331586

I'm imaging the kid from this trailer yelling "this is for you dad!!" before being impaled on some spikes

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Not a Children posted:

Metroid Prime 4 is the only game coming out in 2018

You'll be lucky if it comes out by 2020

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

an actual dog posted:

https://twitter.com/brandonnn/status/925032961707331586

I'm imaging the kid from this trailer yelling "this is for you dad!!" before being impaled on some spikes

Spelunky Dad and Kratos gonna be in heated competition for "Worst Gaming Dad 2018".

Best Gaming Dad will undoubtedly go to the incumbent winner, Bowser.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Why do sony keep using pre-shows to actually announce stuff and their "streams" are just trailers for games they announced in 2014

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Ever heard of Rabbids+Mario? smh

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

In Training posted:

Why do sony keep using pre-shows to actually announce stuff and their "streams" are just trailers for games they announced in 2014

pre shows are for people who like games, actual shows are for people who like uncharted

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

when the gently caress is that Spider-Man game coming out lol

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

Best Gaming Dad will undoubtedly go to the incumbent winner, Bowser.

I'm not over the switch parental controls video yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03bAayBtcb0

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

If I can play as Alloy + a cute robot companion then this is a day 1 purchase for me.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

PantsBandit posted:

Spelunky Dad and Kratos gonna be in heated competition for "Worst Gaming Dad 2018".

"What do you see in that man?"

"His nose. I have a fetish for norm-defying noses."

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
spelunky man had a kid, grew a beard, and then he fuckin died

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Microsoft is really blowing it. Sony and Nintendo have been churning out excellent exclusives and both have a load more on the horizon. Microsoft can't even get any decent exclusives in place for the release of what is essentially a new console.

Without some major changes they make not make it out of this console generation.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

psychoJ posted:

spelunky man had a kid, grew a beard, and then he fuckin died

The natural progression of videogame protagonists

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Microsoft is really blowing it. Sony and Nintendo have been churning out excellent exclusives and both have a load more on the horizon. Microsoft can't even get any decent exclusives in place for the release of what is essentially a new console.

Without some major changes they make not make it out of this console generation.

It's looking pretty clear that they want out, they've moved their poo poo into the shared windows / xbox space.

I can't imagine a world where we're down to nintendo and sony as the only two consoles.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Samuringa posted:

I can't wait to see the tressfx when Lara Croft gets to her bearded phase.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Grapplejack posted:

It's looking pretty clear that they want out, they've moved their poo poo into the shared windows / xbox space.

I can't imagine a world where we're down to nintendo and sony as the only two consoles.

The Dreamcast Will Rise Again.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Samuringa posted:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

an actual dog posted:

:smith: Dad died doing what he loved - dying on spikes.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

The Dreamcast Will Rise Again.

Yes! Yes!

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

PantsBandit posted:

All the MS IPs except for Forza are terrible poo poo and Forza is only good because Polyphony won't just make a proper loving GT game for the PS4.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
You don't actually want a new Sega system because that would make all Atlus games exclusive to it.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I feel like the Shadow of the Colossus remake is actually too faithful for me to be excited. As someone who's purchased that game three times in various forms already I look at the trailers and think to myself "it's pretty but I've already played this"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The Dreamcast 2 would be a huge hit with the SA Games forum since Sega owns all the properties goons love but that I hear about literally nowhere else.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

an actual dog posted:

while you can't play mario you can think about mario they can't control your mind

They have a bad habit of starting fires that I am forced to put out at the cost of thinking about Mario, man why can't I win the lotto and just play games all day??

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Nina posted:

I feel like the Shadow of the Colossus remake is actually too faithful for me to be excited. As someone who's purchased that game three times in various forms already I look at the trailers and think to myself "it's pretty but I've already played this"

As someone who has never played it I'm VERY excited.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

How Deep Is Your Love For The Beautiful Super Mario? How Endless Is Your Devotion?
http://www.clickhole.com/quiz/how-deep-your-love-beautiful-super-mario-how-endle-1455?utm

quote:

You are a monolith of love for the Super Mario!
The Mario is the vector and you are a dream forever enclosed! You hunch beneath Super Mario’s sprawling face and jump for miles when you see his Metal Self. He is the delirious 1-UP priest and all-consuming champion. You lustily throw coins at him every second of every minute of every era.

yesss

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

mutata posted:

As someone who has never played it I'm VERY excited.

I'm def happy for people who get to experience it for the first time in a form that looks so pretty though! And who am I kidding I'll still totally buy it for a fourth time

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

how quickly people forget about the Ataribox....

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

SotC is like the most perfect game

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I like SotC but it lost most of its power for me when I played it a second time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

A lot of SotC's impact for me came from the story, once you know what you're really working towards it's hard to go back to killing all those monsters just chillin' out in the countryside.

• Locked thread