Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Blue Footed Booby posted:

At least in the era of smart phones it's easy to show your boss why you're going to be late.

People need to update their excuses, anyway. We had the first frost last night and my coworker was 15 minutes late because her 'car wouldn't start because it was cold out'. Ah, yes, the mystery cold no-start that resolves itself in 10 minutes and doesn't happen again. Nothing to do with you killing zombies with your fiance till 2 am.

And no, she wasn't on an Aprilia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
15 minutes?

poo poo im lucky if my coworkers are in that quickly on the regular.

one literally made the excuse that her subconscious is sabotaging her because she cant manage to get up before 10

(I also am the guy who gets up at 5:30 though so i suppose im not one to talk)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

nsaP posted:

Nothing to do with you killing zombies with your fiance till 2 am.

Dude there’s a double key event this whole week you have to let people farm zombies.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

sneakyfrog posted:

one literally made the excuse that her subconscious is sabotaging her because she cant manage to get up before 10
On the one hand I understand this because I am notorious for managing to turn off/snooze/mute alarms at the worst possible times.

On the other hand that stopped being a problem years ago when I got an alarm app with a "CAPTCHA" feature which requires actual mostly conscious thought to stop it from going off. If this is one of those silly people who turns their phone off every night then there are options like Clocky which are cheap and effective.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

wolrah posted:

On the one hand I understand this because I am notorious for managing to turn off/snooze/mute alarms at the worst possible times.

On the other hand that stopped being a problem years ago when I got an alarm app with a "CAPTCHA" feature which requires actual mostly conscious thought to stop it from going off. If this is one of those silly people who turns their phone off every night then there are options like Clocky which are cheap and effective.

i havent used an alarm clock in like 12 years :shrug: I dont know how its that hard.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

sneakyfrog posted:

i havent used an alarm clock in like 12 years :shrug: I dont know how its that hard.

That's the source of the factoid shock statistic they put on the news about TODAY'S TECHNOLOGY OBSESSED YOUTH how 95% of them sleep next to their cell phone.
Yes, because it charges overnight and because I don't own an alarm clock and that's how I make sure I wake up

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

sneakyfrog posted:

I naturally wake up around 10:30 AM +/- 20 minutes. Try as I may, I can't get the rest of the world to acknowledge that electric lights exist and getting up at the crack of dawn no longer provides objective benefits.

As long as I have to deal with a world mostly ruled by morning people I'm stuck.

If I ever win the lottery my greatest pleasure in life would be never having to set an alarm ever again unless I specifically wanted to do a morning thing.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yeah my phone stays downstairs. I hate cell phones. I just have a boring clock so i can look at it and yup, 5:30 when i wake up.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://gfycat.com/MadRegalFoal

https://gfycat.com/SizzlingGlitteringCoqui

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

lmao that little friendly wave he gives to the driver at the end

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Somehow I doubt he's picking up a new frame inside.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Anyone seen "The Road Movie" yet?

https://vimeo.com/197700533

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

sneakyfrog posted:

People...are different?!

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Saw some dude make his own dual turn lane because there was enough room for him to squeeze next to the guy in the front of the line. He'll be damned if he doesn't get to Walmart first!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUHYcnjUKhs

5:34

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

The last one will forever be hard to beat.

Waldstein Sonata
Feb 19, 2013

The Locator posted:

The last one will forever be hard to beat.

Even though I knew that had to be a Chekov's Hole, it was still satisfying seeing how it got used.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1FEKCsqiAo

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
https://www.facebook.com/drivetribe/videos/535006030212873/

Unmarked(?) cop car is at a roundabout, motorcycle is behind the cop, there is a pretty short gap that the cop might have been able to use or maybe not, but the cop didn't take the gap because the cop was on his phone (or possibly because the gap was kinda small). Guy on motorcycle honks, revs, and gestures at the cop, who then stops the police car to go have a loooong conversation with the biker. The cop threatens to write a ticket for road rage due to honking, says he was on the phone with a judge or some other important call, insists that when the phone is subpoenaed the judge will also see video of the biker standing up on his bike and swerving around the street "to avoid pot holes". Facebook people are retarded as usual and it was posted on a biker group, I'm finding it kinda hard to really dislike what the cop did. I guess I think it was unprofessional for the cop to get out of his car, but at the same time I think the biker was a douche bag for honking and probably even more so if he was hot dogging on his bike right before the incident.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tar and feather them both, next case!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Crotch Fruit posted:

Unmarked(?) cop car is at a roundabout, motorcycle is behind the cop, there is a pretty short gap that the cop might have been able to use or maybe not, but the cop didn't take the gap because the cop was on his phone (or possibly because the gap was kinda small). Guy on motorcycle honks, revs, and gestures at the cop, who then stops the police car to go have a loooong conversation with the biker. The cop threatens to write a ticket for road rage due to honking, says he was on the phone with a judge or some other important call, insists that when the phone is subpoenaed the judge will also see video of the biker standing up on his bike and swerving around the street "to avoid pot holes". Facebook people are retarded as usual and it was posted on a biker group, I'm finding it kinda hard to really dislike what the cop did. I guess I think it was unprofessional for the cop to get out of his car, but at the same time I think the biker was a douche bag for honking and probably even more so if he was hot dogging on his bike right before the incident.

Was the biker a time traveling younger version of Larry David?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Crotch Fruit posted:

Are you the cop in the video?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
No the cop is a loving oval office, end of story. Get off your loving phone while driving.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

Crotch Fruit posted:

what the hell is the matter with you?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
That poo poo where you go to pass somebody and they speed up is a fucklot more annoying when you're driving a Uhaul that's got a governor limiting it to 75mph. Because now you can't pass them, and need to change lanes again, and then they slow down.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Crotch Fruit posted:

cop was on his phone

Fault found, end of discussion.

If he had time to get out and hassle a citizen for (correctly) honking at him for blocking traffic, it obviously wasn't an urgent dispatch he had to deal with RIGHT THEN.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Guess what, I have to answer my phone while I’m on the road sometimes too. I always try to pull over when I can so I’m not sitting at a roundabout like a dumbass and holding up traffic. Acab

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

Guess what, I have to answer my phone while I’m on the road sometimes too.
No you don't.

It's a 6 point offence (12 points total is a ban) to have your phone in your hand while driving here,and while I might not agree with the disproportionate punishment as a universal thing, get some kind of Bluetooth or hands free setup if you're going to use your phone while driving.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Surely the police should have hands free radio/phone equipment in their cars by now in most places? It's not exactly new cutting edge tech any more, and it's got to be even more important to have your hands available if you're rushing to emergency calls...

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Be precise in setting start time if you don't want to watch a dog get hit, immediately before the indicated segment.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

InitialDave posted:

No you don't.

It's a 6 point offence (12 points total is a ban) to have your phone in your hand while driving here,and while I might not agree with the disproportionate punishment as a universal thing, get some kind of Bluetooth or hands free setup if you're going to use your phone while driving.

Nice cherry-pick.

I always try to pull over when I can.

Guess when I don't pull over? When my rental for that week has bluetooth phone capabilities.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Nice cherry-pick.
No.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
In any case, if you know you have to pick up the phone (doctor on call or whatever) you make sure you have a hands free way of answering and talking on the phone. Unless you are dumb or something.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Does any phone in the universe in 2017 not have at least a basic speakerphone function?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Brovine posted:

Surely the police should have hands free radio/phone equipment in their cars by now in most places? It's not exactly new cutting edge tech any more, and it's got to be even more important to have your hands available if you're rushing to emergency calls...

Officers never use cell phones for official police communication. That's detective poo poo.
It's encrypted radio transmission back to dispatch and that's it.

That cop was just dicking around on his phone.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
Are we pretending that hands free = safe in here?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
ah so you are all the dipshits i yell hang up and drive at.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
I don't even have a cellphone :smug:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Officers never use cell phones for official police communication. That's detective poo poo.
It's encrypted radio transmission back to dispatch and that's it.
This is not always true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

BitBasher posted:

This is not always true.

Yes, but it should be.