Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

There's some rumors out there that UNC stole signals last week, and it's why Richt had words with Fedora post-game.

Dilber fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Dilber posted:

There's some rumors out there that UNC stole signals last week, and it's why Richt had words with Fedora post-game.

I never understood this. If you think your signals are being stolen, come up with different signals. I mean poo poo most of the players carry an encyclopedia on their wrist.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Joey Freshwater posted:

They can definitely afford it. Tennessee athletics makes a shitton of money and our biggest booster (Haslam) is worth billions. My guess is they're waiting to have the new guy ready before they announce Butch's firing. Or their looking for a way to reduce the buyout. Affording it isn't the issue.

There's not any 16-17 numbers yet but UT reported surplus earnings of over 13 million in '14-'15 and 12 million in '15-'17 - that's the athletics department as a whole.

In 2015 Forbes rated Tennessee #3 behind Notre Dame and Texas as most valuable football team.

Holy hell, why do they make so much?

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Dilber posted:

I know Miami has some injuries but it did seem unusually close between them and UNC, who is giga-rear end.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If you are doing signals that can easily be tied to plays, it isn’t the other team’s fault they took notes.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

got any sevens posted:

Holy hell, why do they make so much?

A lot of that was probably sales from new Nike apparel when they switched from Adidas but Tennessee has generally done pretty well overall.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

A lot of that was probably sales from new Nike apparel when they switched from Adidas but Tennessee has generally done pretty well overall.

Yeah Tennessee did really well with the Nike deal

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

e: whoops, I can read :downs:

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

We use a shield during the game, so they had someone placed specifically to look at it. Richt was covering his mouth in the second half, and one of our backup QBs started standing in front of him as well.

Still, change the signals.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah who knew Colorado State, Fresno State, FSU and Mercer were gonna be bad matchups.

ColSt and Fresno are actually really good this year for G5 schools

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

ColSt and Fresno are actually really good this year for G5 schools

CSU is fine but they're definitely not "really good." Same with Fresno, who is way better than anyone could have reasonably expected but also just lost to UNLV. The Mountain West is pretty bad right now.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Yeah MWC is a total crap shoot this year. They are a mirage of quality, even beloved SDSU with the ballin unis.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
y'all dudes are really gonna argue that the #1 team in the country for the past whenever is okay scheduling ColSt and Fresno?

Really?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

538 gives Iowa State a 3% chance of making the CFP. I'm trying to figure out how we can use some Russian meddling to make this happen.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Joey Freshwater posted:

y'all dudes are really gonna argue that the #1 team in the country for the past whenever is okay scheduling ColSt and Fresno?

Really?

Ohio State - OU, Army, UNLV

PSU - Akron, Pitt, Georgia State

Michigan - UF, Cincinnati, Air Force

Clemson - Kent State, Auburn, Citadel

Georgia - App State, Notre Dame, Samford,

1 'hard' OOC game seems to be the standard.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Stop ruining my jokes!!!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

resident posted:

538 gives Iowa State a 3% chance of making the CFP. I'm trying to figure out how we can use some Russian meddling to make this happen.

Paul Manafort secretly gave Ukrainian money to Bama, you heard it here first.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
I'll be interested to see how Miami does against VT this weekend. This is entirely the type of game UGA couldn't win over the last part of his tenure in Athens. We'll see if heading south really made any difference.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

an adult beverage posted:

I'm happy for the guy. He would have been squandered by Nuss and he might have been decent enough to save Mac's job so probably for the best he's Funslingin in West Virginia.

Yea we would have ruined him.

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsCFB/status/925096361858686977

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Spurrier owns.

Please don’t let some sexual harassment stuff be in his past. :pray:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

resident posted:

So that'd be what... ISU winning out and having 2 loss champs out of most conferences (and probably a bad Notre Dame loss) plus Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and TCU only losing to each other?

I'll take it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

OH poo poo IT'S A NORTHWESTERN PURDUE NIGHT GAME, BABY

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Dilber posted:

Soon, Nick Saban will have hired Navajo code talkers and before long other programs will have begun imitating it.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Joey Freshwater posted:

Really?

Southern Miss, Indiana State, Georgia Tech

Fresno (sucks but has had good years recently), Colorado St (usually pretty decent to good), Florida State (was like the #2 or #3 team preseason)

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey you forgot UMass

Nice deflection, but the argument was that somehow Bama couldn’t help that they didn’t have a tough schedule when they absolutely can.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hey you forgot UMass

Nice deflection, but the argument was that somehow Bama couldn’t help that they didn’t have a tough schedule when they absolutely can.

I mean they did what they could and set up what was on paper the toughest opening match of all time

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
What incentive is there to schedule differently?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

vikingstrike posted:

Absolutely zero, unless an App State happens. The pollsters don't give a poo poo otherwise. It's is why the conferences are requiring their teams to play at least one other OOC P5 team every year.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Raku posted:

I mean they did what they could and set up what was on paper the toughest opening match of all time

Welcome to our world, where Florida plays FSU every year and critics act like doesn't "count" for OOC toughness.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I'm still scarcely believing that if Arizona beats USC next weekend they're gonna be in first place and have the division by the throat

Also :laffo: it starts at 10:45 EST gently caress off with this

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I'm still scarcely believing that if Arizona beats USC next weekend they're gonna be in first place and have the division by the throat

Eh, DST so everyone else gets an extra hour

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Dango Bango posted:

Eh, DST so everyone else gets an extra hour
The game will still end around 2AM out here.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

at least DST doesn't end till sunday so it's still a 7:45 game here, a 8:45 start would be infinitely lamer.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Late night PAC 12 games own

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Really?

I mean the SEC being mostly garbo this year and FSU eating poo poo isn't really their fault.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

R.D. Mangles posted:

What I don't understand is why, when I was 25 and could drink for 24 hours straight, every game was played at noon. Now I'm pushing 50 and we had to sleep in the RV in the tailgate lot because we were all too sleepy to drive home in spite of the fact that I drank coffee in the third quarter of a 7:30 kick off.......get off my lawn and give me some noon kick's with a 3:30 now and then to spice things up.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I mean the SEC being mostly garbo this year and FSU eating poo poo isn't really their fault.

the second one definitely is, and a lot of people think the first is

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Raku posted:

the second one definitely is, and a lot of people think the first is
The SEC is pretty bad this year. You've got Alabama and Georgia, two legit title contenders. You've got some quality teams in Auburn and Mississippi State. LSU is ???

Everyone else is a dumpster fire.

Most conferences have a sizable middle class of some sort. Instead, the SEC has a bunch of bad teams beating up on each other, plus some good teams beating up on them too.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

vikingstrike posted:

If the committee ranks Ohio State ahead of Oklahoma tonight then I'd say not much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

R.D. Mangles posted:

BTN does what BTN wan-- wait, it's on ESPN2? The gently caress

• Locked thread