Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Final prediction: KC 45, DEN 6

Siemian throws five picks, all returned for touchdowns. Alex Smith runs one in for good measure. After the game Siemian drinks bleach and dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I appreciate all of the Broncos fans :negative: posting but I still think this game will be a slog and not a blowout.

I wouldn't mind being wrong if the blowout is in the Chiefs favor of course.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

If Shane Ray is truly healthy and ready to play a lot of downs, then the Broncos dline will feast tonight. He's really gonna open things up. Shaq is good but he isn't the guy you want opposite Von.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can't be the only one who sees that name in print and every time immediately sings to themselves "it's a Shane about Ray".

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/jamaal-charles-denver-broncos-kansas-city-chiefs/

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

kiimo posted:

I can't be the only one who sees that name in print and every time immediately sings to themselves "it's a Shane about Ray".

You might be

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Shane Ray has the Chiefs arrowhead logo tattooed on him :lol:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Shane Ray has the Chiefs arrowhead logo tattooed on him :lol:

I am almost as conflicted about Shane Ray being a Bronco as I am about Jamaal Charles.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Remember when Neil Smith became a Bronco and won himself a ring? That owned

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I saw Neil Smith at a Denver club and said you broke our hearts to him.

I had an entire bowl of drink with a ton of straws for multiple people all to myself before doing so. I'm sure I really showed him though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Neil Smith is the reason the neutral zone infraction rule exists. He wasn't a hall of famer, but getting your own rule named after you (for a not vicious reason) is a pretty cool claim to fame.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Eli Wiggum posted:

Yeah he even changed his nasal bandaid colors

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Seeing Chiefs fans get mad about Smith and seeing Broncos fans get mad about Eddie Kennison to this day still makes me laugh

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Tommy Kelly is dead to me. I wouldn't piss on him to put out a fire.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Volkerball posted:

I choose to believe Chester McGlockton wasn't before your time and you just didn't give a poo poo.

Which would make sense because holy poo poo did he not do a damned thing for the Chiefs.

e: Holy poo poo I'd completely forgotten McGlockton died a few years ago.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grittybeard posted:

He had too much heart

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Seeing Chiefs fans get mad about Smith and seeing Broncos fans get mad about Eddie Kennison to this day still makes me laugh

These things are not the same. Like at all. Denver fans are only annoyed because Kennison became good in KC, he put up a whopping 169 yards total in Denver. It's basically how we felt about Joe Horn in New Orleans.

Neil Smith was our Scottie Pippen next to Derrick Thomas / Jordan.

No wait. No. He's our Kevin Durant for Oklahoma City fans.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Volkerball posted:

Same but Quentin Jammer

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Grittybeard posted:

I choose to believe Chester McGlockton wasn't before your time and you just didn't give a poo poo.

Which would make sense because holy poo poo did he not do a damned thing for the Chiefs.

Just a couple years before my time, but I hate the Patriots way more than the chiefs anyways.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Volkerball posted:

I completely forgot about that guy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

I appreciate all of the Broncos fans :negative: posting but I still think this game will be a slog and not a blowout.

I wouldn't mind being wrong if the blowout is in the Chiefs favor of course.

So that was a blowout that wasn't a blowout.

Yes Denver fans, it appears you were right and Siemian really is that bad.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

please help

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

We did. Your draft position just went up by at least two spots!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The problem with the Broncos is Siemien and Lynch were scouted and tailored for a Kubiak Offense that made everything simple enough that a 7th round pick from Northwestern could run it.

Now that the training wheels are off he's hinting what he's going to run, holding on for too long because he struggles to scan the field which eventually leads to hilarious INT's because he can't handle taking a pounding.

Kubs said gently caress you I'm done and all the magic went with him. Their best option now would be to prepare a gigantic cardboard check, and possibly draft picks, to land Kirk Cousins.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 31, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I’m so glad i don’t have to covet Cousins anymore.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

kiimo posted:

I’m so glad i don’t have to covet Cousins anymore.

Bad news, you can take the boy out of Kansas City but you can't take the Kansas City out of the boy.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Well that went poorly.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Denver defense played great, Hunt ran into a brick wall every rush attempt. Our OL got completely bodied outside of Schwartz who did a good job. You can tell the Denver defense plays with a lot of pride and aggression, I wish KC would learn from that a bit

Shame about Simien, both of those picks were sooo bad, almost as bad as Tyreek’s

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

Grittybeard posted:

i remember McGlockton as a Raider :smithcloud: probably the first or second year of my Raiders fandom

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Volkerball posted:

Bad news, you can take the boy out of Kansas City but you can't take the Kansas City out of the boy.

Mahomes is going to set this division on fire.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Denver defense played to par, good against RBs and top WRs (outside the ABs of the world), and gashed by good TEs.

Hopefully these last few weeks have brought an end to the Trevor experiment, time to tell Lynch he's not "injured" and see what he's got.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

Denver defense played to par, good against RBs and top WRs (outside the ABs of the world), and gashed by good TEs.

Hopefully these last few weeks have brought an end to the Trevor experiment, time to tell Lynch he's not "injured" and see what he's got.

i saw the man at the preseason game versus the 49ers and boy do i have some news for you

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Why did we get Osweiler back again? Just to bench him?

Edit: Why the gently caress didn't we court Jimmy Garoppolo instead of Osweiler if we were just gonna bench him anyway.

Also, gently caress the Raiders.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 31, 2017

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Croatoan posted:

Brock and Elway's son were best buds in college

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Croatoan posted:

It honestly seems like a good idea to let Lynch practice for a week and throw Brock to the wolves. Or just run Siemian out there as a sacrificial lamb one more time. @Eagles is a rough first game of the season for someone who didn't manage to beat out Trevor in the preseason, Pats at home is not much more likely to be a win but it is more likely to not break Lynch's confidence.

e: and more likely to not break Lynch's bones come to think of it.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 31, 2017

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Lynch has only had 3 limited practices so there's no way they throw him to the wolves this week. My guess is they roll with Siemian but bench him for Brock if things get really, really bad.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Brock watching the game last night

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Lynch has only had 3 limited practices so there's no way they throw him to the wolves this week. My guess is they roll with Siemian but bench him for Brock if things get really, really bad.
There is no way in hell Siemian starts another game again. They're gonna roll with Brock.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Eli Wiggum posted:

There is no way in hell Siemian starts another game again. They're gonna roll with Brock.

Have you ever heard of how stubborn Elway can be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
That's Joseph's decision to make, not Elway's. And AFAIK, Elway has never meddled with the head coach.

• Locked thread