Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
#NOTMYCAPTAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Jeb! Repetition posted:

How can you say something like "empty, cowardly moralizing" and not realize you're being a villain.

how can you say nazis should have been allowed to beat the poo poo out of a bunch of preachers in charlottesville because the alternative is giving your tummy the rumblies, and not realize you are the villain

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

No, I'm saying it's hypocritical to say something is violence, therefore it must be stopped with violence.

Self defense is not violence

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Ze Pollack posted:

how can you say nazis should have been allowed to beat the poo poo out of a bunch of preachers in charlottesville because the alternative is giving your tummy the rumblies, and not realize you are the villain

Or beat the poo poo out of a couple for the very fact of their existance

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Dreddout posted:

Or beat the poo poo out of a couple for the very fact of their existance

"that doesn't count," -Jeb! Repetition, literally on the last page.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
bububububuut

They've barely done anything and what they have done wouldn't have been stopped more effectively with violence anyway.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

the couple should have explained how not beating them up was more favorable to the market. nazis are rational individuals and would have understood.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Remember when Jeb started arguing that black and jewish clergymembers didn't count as people because he refused to believe that antifa could ever lead to anything good?

I did not, in fact, argue that.

Crane Fist posted:

Because we're actual adults with a fully developed sense of right and wrong so we don't have to rely on children's cartoon morality

- everyone who wanted to invade Iraq, or really do any other evil thing

Ze Pollack posted:

They shouldn't have been and I'm glad they weren't.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

True.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Actually this was more like everyone who wanted to invade Nazi Germany before Pearl Harbor was bombed.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yo bruh. The not doing anything is the actual evil.

:thunk:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ruzihm posted:

Actually this was more like everyone who wanted to invade Nazi Germany before Pearl Harbor was bombed.

"Morality is gray, don't be childish" is the same argument used to justify some of the most evil things people have done, including recently and perhaps most memorably, torture.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I did not, in fact, argue that.

They shouldn't have been and I'm glad they weren't.

“Punching Nazis is the same kind of evil as invading a sovereign nation and toppling its government.”

—Jeb!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

sneakyfrog posted:

yo bruh. The not doing anything is the actual evil.

:thunk:

- another argument that was used to invade Iraq

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

"Morality is gray, don't be childish" is the same argument used to justify some of the most evil things people have done, including recently and perhaps most memorably, torture.

i agree with this

i also think that antifa is good

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jeb! is a mess

Jeb! is a waste.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
ok well glad your moral high horse is able to ignore small atrocities so we can all be civil and you can feel good and lecture people about what they should tolerate.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

sneakyfrog posted:

ok well glad your moral high horse is able to ignore small atrocities so we can all be civil and you can feel good and lecture people about what they should tolerate.

He's made it clear that, until people are being literally stripped of their citizenship and herded onto cattle cars, it's not really anything to get worked up about and use of force prior to that point is immoral and hypocritical. It is a breathtakingly myopic position available only to those who, deep down, fear resurgent Nazism less than they do antifascist street resistance.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

that's funny because that's exactly the thesis of the post u quoted

Crane Fist posted:

Because we're actual adults with a fully developed sense of right and wrong so we don't have to rely on children's cartoon morality

if u are against all kinds of violence, i have bad news for u because the threat of violence is the cornerstone of all law & punishment in our society. Violence must be contextualized in order to examine its morality.

Example: Is violence against someone presently raping someone else permissible? Yes, of course!

Your claim of "all violence is immoral :smug:" is a childish oversimplification.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He's made it clear that, until people are being literally stripped of their citizenship and herded onto cattle cars, it's not really anything to get worked up about and use of force prior to that point is immoral and hypocritical. It is a breathtakingly myopic position available only to those who, deep down, fear resurgent Nazism less than they do antifascist street resistance.

THC posted:

by the time libs are ready to give their permission to punch nazis the pogroms will be in full swing already and it'll be too late too do anything about it

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
violence is force.

Thats kinda why the state likes a monopoly on it.

they are very reluctant to reveal that the public trust really doesnt exist except for cis wealthy white men.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Jeb: Nazis shouldn't be able to terrorize people for having the wrong skin color.
Also Jeb: Whoa there, are you trying to stop nazis from terrorizing people for having the wrong skin color? Don't you know that makes you the villain?

Serf
May 5, 2011

drat was jeb repetition trash this whole time and i just wasn't paying attention?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only moral guide you need is the Legend of Terror Billy: always be shooting, stabbing, and strangling Nazis

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Serf posted:

drat was jeb repetition trash this whole time and i just wasn't paying attention?

this is like the fifth loving time weve had the same argument

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
seriously. just garbage.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
i make sure to punch 2 nazis to make up for Jeb! Repetition

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

if youre gonna whatabout interracial couples getting attacked in the streets that means you are going to collaborate with any level of white nationalism

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

deplatform jeb! repetition from this thread

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

he got that nootropics stare

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

thats not even mentioning the fact that interracial couples were regularly attacked in the streets until recently

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 24 days!)

IMO the only moral position is to dump Jeb! Repetition into a trash can head first, and roll him down the longest hill in San Francisco.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Assaulting some powerless idiot who spent too much time on 4chan is not stopping those things.

What about a group of people who are harrassing, but not physically attacking, an interracial couple? Would it be appropriate in your mind to assault them? Would you stand by and watch that happen?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Guys it's cool I've changed my mind, check out this officially sanctioned Jeb! Repetition effective alternative to actually confronting Nazism with violence.

The Kingfish posted:

What about a group of people who are harrassing, but not physically attacking, an interracial couple? Would it be appropriate in your mind to assault them? Would you stand by and watch that happen?

You, a fool, an utter lackwit: It is morally acceptable to use force to defend the oppressed, particularly against literal attacks and street harassment by Nazis.
Jeb! Repetition, a sage, wise beyond mortal ken: Ah, but what if some of those Nazis were actually merely Nazis sympathizers? Who's the real monster now?

Captain_Maclaine has issued a correction as of 00:03 on Oct 31, 2017

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

have you alt left idiots ever considered that maybe the nazis were exterminating people ironically

the onion wizard
Apr 14, 2004

Please put Jeb! Repetition on ignore. You'll all be happier for it.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

eyes any closer hed be a cyclops

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012
Never Punch a Nazi

I did, and now every full moon I get the urge to put on a white polo shirt and carry a tiki torch while chanting about "Blood and Soul."

I fear that it is only a matter of time before someone punches me and the curse spreads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The Kingfish posted:

This isn't a rhetorical question jeb!