Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Is there a completed Resident Evil 7 LP that isn’t done by YouTube comedians trying to be funny?

I haven't watched it myself because I kind of want to experience it first-hand someday, but SGF did one and he usually plays it pretty straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Trick Question posted:

I haven't watched it myself because I kind of want to experience it first-hand someday, but SGF did one and he usually plays it pretty straight.

Seconding this. I really enjoyed it although he's increasingly blasé about the experience as the game goes on, so a lot of the games creepiness goes right out the window.

Also it is blind and you will notice things he doesn't.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Is there a completed Resident Evil 7 LP that isn’t done by YouTube comedians trying to be funny?

SGF's is blind, so if you're looking for a playthru from someone who's beaten the game already and knows how to get through it, there's The Men Drinkin Coffee's. They skip some non-essential content, but the main experience is there and they're not humorous which is what you're looking for.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lazyfire has one of the best LPs of wolfenstein I've seen on or off site so thanks for the rec.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

ultrafilter posted:

If you haven't seen it, Roar's LP of Doki Doki Literature Club is worth checking out.

Just be aware that the content warning at the beginning of the game is very very serious.

Seconding. I know most people will pass it up because DDLC looks like an innocuous, tropey dating sim.

Looks like. :getin:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

ultrafilter posted:

If you haven't seen it, Roar's LP of Doki Doki Literature Club is worth checking out. An actual endorsement from the thread:

Just be aware that the content warning at the beginning of the game is very very serious.

Thirding. The LP sold me on playing the game itself. Definitely check it out if you have the stomach for it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Can someone give me recommendations of more threads to stickie to the top of the forum, please?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Goatse.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

nine-gear crow posted:

Can someone give me recommendations of more threads to stickie to the top of the forum, please?

Every one of your own threads.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Reproduce stickies from other forums

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Any good shadow of war lp's out there yet? Because lol at giving money to WB with that business model.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Nalesh posted:

Any good shadow of war lp's out there yet? Because lol at giving money to WB with that business model.

This is exactly why people usually hold off on them.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

What are the best IF LPs? Ongoing, finished, I want something that's mostly text only that I can read.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
If you're not reading You Have 001 Goblins already, you should be.

(That's not technically an IF, since those are games like Zork...I think this is CYOA? It's sort of like IF improv)

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

(That's not technically an IF, since those are games like Zork...I think this is CYOA? It's sort of like IF improv)

It's like a classic text-parser based point and click, the fusion of IF and graphics.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I've read it! ... I haven't kept up with any new updates. But drat, it's good.

To anyone else reading this thread: read this, it's amazing!

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I suck at RTS and want to watch people who are good at it. Preferably people who do a lot of diverse titles. I’d love to see nice play throughs of Warhammer games and Company of Heroes games.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Getsuya posted:

I suck at RTS and want to watch people who are good at it. Preferably people who do a lot of diverse titles. I’d love to see nice play throughs of Warhammer games and Company of Heroes games.

Seconded. I keep buying these games and not getting far.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Coolguye and TheLastRoboKy have done LPs of all the Dawn of War games, if that's your thing. They're delightful!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Getsuya posted:

Blind Sally did a really funny SSLP of Dark Crusade a few years ago. Probably not specifically what you're looking for in terms of "being good at the game" (:v:), but at least it's entertaining.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Getsuya posted:

Melth is absolutely destroying Age of Mythology right now.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Coolguye and TheLastRoboKy have done LPs of all the Dawn of War games, if that's your thing. They're delightful!

We, er, have done everything Dawn of War 2. We haven't touched 1 or 3 yet. :) Thank you for the shout out though!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

nine-gear crow posted:

Probably not specifically what you're looking for in terms of "being good at the game" (:v:), but at least it's entertaining.

Hey! I beat that campaign on Hard while letting goons make all the strategic decisions!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Any good Mechwarrior LPs? Also looking for a good Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines LP, preferably Malkavian or Nosferatu.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Also looking for a good Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines LP, preferably Malkavian or Nosferatu.
Not either of the clans you're looking for, but this one by gatz and TheMcD is good.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Are there any good video LPs of any of the early SMT games or Persona 1/2?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Dragonatrix did a solid one of Shin Megami Tensei 1. I don't think it's archived, but here's the forum thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3387580

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Blind Sally posted:

Dragonatrix did a solid one of Shin Megami Tensei 1. I don't think it's archived, but here's the forum thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3387580

Thank you but that's a screenshot LP and all the links are dead :cry:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Oh, whoops, I read that too quickly and missed the "video" part. My bad!

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Kangra's LP of Cupid is really good because there's a lot of in-depth analysis and discussion of the various inspirations. I learned about Cupid-like myths from all over the world! It just finished recently so check it out if you want an interesting read.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Is there a good LP of Siralim 2? The game is too grindy for me to play, and the couple on youtube don't seem to get very far in. I'm looking for one that gets into some of the higher tier creatures, ideally from someone who isn't terrible at min/maxing or making interesting combos and is willing to experiment with a variety. More concerned with gameplay than story or background.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3826825

It won't blow your mind but it's a solid LP that does all those things you mention.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Dancer posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3826825

It won't blow your mind but it's a solid LP that does all those things you mention.

Perfect, thanks!

Edit: This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again.

Tom Clancy is Dead fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 3, 2017

Dancer
May 23, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

What are the best IF LPs? Ongoing, finished, I want something that's mostly text only that I can read.

( I hoped to be able to PM you this but you have them disabled.)

Since text IF is such a rare thing to be LP'd, I will dare to bend a rule by mentioning my own things. Both of those are not necessarily great LPs, but the games themselves are special and I tried to leave them mostly untouched. Both games won some awards of the IF world.

Not Just an Ordinary Ballerina is a stupidly difficult (and at times slightly tedious) puzzle-oriented text IF. You're a parent on Christmas Eve who arrived late to a delapidated shopping mall and is desperate to get their daughter the perfect Christmas present.

Sting of the Wasp is a short and simple game where you play a rather catty and absolutely awful woman in a country club who was caught on camera cheating on her wealthy husband and will now do terrible things to prevent him from seeing that picture.

Both games have IMO great witty writing and are worth reading through even if you ignore my own additions entirely.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Dancer posted:

Since text IF is such a rare thing to be LP'd, I will dare to bend a rule by mentioning my own things.

Ehhh, I'll allow it this time--there is a dearth of IF LPs. We really don't want this thread to become a place for people to plug their own stuff, though.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Dancer posted:

( I hoped to be able to PM you this but you have them disabled.)

Since text IF is such a rare thing to be LP'd, I will dare to bend a rule by mentioning my own things. Both of those are not necessarily great LPs, but the games themselves are special and I tried to leave them mostly untouched. Both games won some awards of the IF world.

Not Just an Ordinary Ballerina is a stupidly difficult (and at times slightly tedious) puzzle-oriented text IF. You're a parent on Christmas Eve who arrived late to a delapidated shopping mall and is desperate to get their daughter the perfect Christmas present.

Sting of the Wasp is a short and simple game where you play a rather catty and absolutely awful woman in a country club who was caught on camera cheating on her wealthy husband and will now do terrible things to prevent him from seeing that picture.

Both games have IMO great witty writing and are worth reading through even if you ignore my own additions entirely.

I don't have platinum, sorry!

Thank you for the recs - I'll read them!

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
I feel like this is a long shot, but I'm looking for DJferret and LesserWorm LPs. I think they was back in '07, '08. Did they ever do anything besides the Bully and Mass Effect lps?

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Earnestly posted:

I feel like this is a long shot, but I'm looking for DJferret and LesserWorm LPs. I think they was back in '07, '08. Did they ever do anything besides the Bully and Mass Effect lps?

Sorry, but it looks like only their Mass Effect LP was finished. I don't see their Bully LP either.

n/m, Found the Bully LP. Dead videos, all of them.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Videos 6 through 13 of the Bully LP are here. As far as I know, the others are lost to the ether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

There have been quite a few IF LPs, but most of them were quite a while ago and not archived, so you'd need archives to read them. Stuff using scanned images, like Lone Wolf, will also unsurprisingly be a mass of broken images these days. IF LPs mostly depend on the quality of the game being played - Anchorhead, Spider and Web, Varicella and Journey were some of my favourites.