Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Peachfart posted:

Cross posting from the N/V thread:

:effort:

quote:

Warriors won prestige by acts of bravery in the face of the enemy, which could be recorded in various ways and retold as stories. Any blow struck against the enemy counted as a coup, but the most prestigious acts included touching an enemy warrior with the hand, bow, or coup stick and escaping unharmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
that's the sport of Kabbadi

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Peachfart posted:

That's rookie undrafted OC Erik Magnussen, being played at RT because everyone else was injured. There was literally no one left on the o-line bench by the end of that game :(

Edit: RT Brown was out from a concussion last week. Backup swing tackle Gilliam injured his knee during the game, Joe Staley was knocked out of the game by a cheap Cox hit to the eye.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 30, 2017

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
This is the new title reference yes?

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Peachfart posted:

I don't see why I can expect them to put in any more effort as players than I am as a fan.

Woo 49ers, let's go get that #2 pick again.

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
drat niners sucks but i think theyll accidentally whip arizona's rear end

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
I definitely agree that "Russel Wilson Bullshit" is no longer uncanny luck, but pure skill. There's been too many situations where Wilson has not only dodged tackles because of our poo poo o-line but has also made amazing passes in spite of it. He's definitely on of the best quarterbacks in the entire conference, especially now that Rogers is out of commission. It's very interesting seeing this team's offensive identity evolve from run-first when Beast Mode was still playing and healthy to a pass-heavy one now that Wilson is literally carrying the entire offense on his back in the absence of a competent o-line and a bad run game stymied by it. That game in Houston was the best game of the team's season and definitely the funnest game I've seen this season so far.

But it bears repeating-this o-line is not just terrible, it's a liability. The longer Wilson plays in that excuse of a pocket, the higher risk he's at of receiving an injury ending his season, or worse, his career. When he goes down, our team's playoff hopes go down with it. Tom Cable needs to be sacked yesterday and replaced with an OC who respects o-line play and can engineer a run game that isn't the same downhill style back when Lynch was still playing and stop that triage of a backfield. It won't fix the team's offensive woes instantly, but the improvements will be immeasurable.

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 30, 2017

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
See, I actually think the o line created some fine pockets for Russ to work with yesterday. Their pass blocking looked...dare I say, average? No coincidence that Russ had his best game of the season by far.

Maybe, just as the Texans sold out against the run at the expense of the pass, the o line concentrated on pass blocking at the expense of running. They were getting blown off the line on running plays and created nothing in the way of holes (even worse, let rushers through to allow tfl, I don't understand why we don't screen more). But Russ had a pocket to work with today! Pocic looked good, Odihambo is bad but not actively terrible, and Ifedi remains a penalty machine but has improved a lot.

We'll see if they end up trading with Houston for Brown, but there's a chance they could keep improving with some continuity. Then, maybe, teams will start respecting the pass more and the running game can get going.

Or they'll stay hot trash and we'll be strip sacked out of the first round, w/e.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

shirts and skins posted:

See, I actually think the o line created some fine pockets for Russ to work with yesterday. Their pass blocking looked...dare I say, average? No coincidence that Russ had his best game of the season by far.

Maybe, just as the Texans sold out against the run at the expense of the pass, the o line concentrated on pass blocking at the expense of running. They were getting blown off the line on running plays and created nothing in the way of holes (even worse, let rushers through to allow tfl, I don't understand why we don't screen more). But Russ had a pocket to work with today! Pocic looked good, Odihambo is bad but not actively terrible, and Ifedi remains a penalty machine but has improved a lot.

We'll see if they end up trading with Houston for Brown, but there's a chance they could keep improving with some continuity. Then, maybe, teams will start respecting the pass more and the running game can get going.

Or they'll stay hot trash and we'll be strip sacked out of the first round, w/e.

The Seahawks have completed like one single successful screen in like 3 years. The Texans decided to make Wilson beat them through the air and well.... he did. Probably were betting that the pass protection couldn't hold up (a decent bet)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/925136593941393408

YAAAAAAAAAAA

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

This was for Jeremy Lane + Picks. Not sure I love the loss of depth, but Lane got outplayed for his job by a rookie, so :effort:

And getting a T that actually knows what his job is at the NFL level will be nice.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I didn't catch much of the game yesterday, but I see a play where a receiver planted his foot mid-route expecting wilson to be scrambling yet again, but it turns out no, the line actually did their job and wilson threw it where the receiver was supposed to be.

I'd like to imagine everyone on the team saw that and nodded in understanding.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

:gizz::hawksin::seamen:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lmao jimmy g bout to die in sf

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
:siren:SEAHAWKS HAVE AN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN:siren:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/925154828577378304

I love our dumb gay division

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Niners have only 3 not complete poo poo linemen and literally all 3 are injured

Garoppolo is hosed

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Benne posted:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Niners have 2 brady belichick failsons now in hoyer and jimmy g

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Jimmy Garoppolo and Kirk Cousins on the same team have to be an unparalleled amount of handsome on the same team. :sissies:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Niners, I thought we've been over this, do not trade with the Pat-

Wait, we already did that this season?

Benne posted:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Why? Why trade for Jimmy G? what the gently caress

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Oh, Niners :allears:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

They're in "win-now" mode. /s

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

They need someone to teach Beathard how to be a career backup, but Hoyer is too bad at it.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
jimmy g is going to suck so bad for 8 games and then leave

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
this season will end with brian hoyer starting ahead of garropolo

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

DariusLikewise posted:

Now they can trade the first/second overall pick to one of the QB needy teams for a massive haul, and continue the rebuild. They need a new LT and a top edge rusher in a bad way, as well as all three interior O-line spots and probably another CB & LB. And a top WR while they're at it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Whyyyyyyyy. Back up Pats QBs are frauds

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 31, 2017

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Kazak_Hstan posted:

this season will end with brian hoyer starting ahead of garropolo

Unlikely! But only because we released Hoyer.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Shindragon posted:

Whyyyyyyyy. Back up Pats QBs are frauds

I liked Jimmy G in the draft, I like him now. Just because most of them have been frauds, doesn't mean all of them are.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I don't actually know much about Garropolo but I'm completely willing to believe the 49ers got scammed.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Coldforge posted:

I liked Jimmy G in the draft, I like him now. Just because most of them have been frauds, doesn't mean all of them are.

Tom Brady, for instance.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I went to a Texans site to see what they thought of Duane Brown and hooo boy man. Shoulda known not to read the comments. A hot take I thought was particularly funny was a bunch of fans being cool with Watson playing behind a bad line as he has played well so far. Like, did it not occur to them why Seattle would trade for a left tackle when we run out Russell God King of the Scramble Drill Wilson?

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Ugh. At least it wasn’t technically a first round pick (even if it is pick 33 or 34).

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Trading picks for Patriot backup QBs... wow, I didn't think the 49ers were that far gone.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It looks like the niners had two 2018 second round picks (one from the Saints). If they traded the Saints pick to the Broncos, that'd likely be a singificantly later pick in the round. And they have both their own, and the Bears' third round picks, too.

This is assuming https://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Future/49ers.htm is accurate

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Leperflesh posted:

It looks like the niners had two 2018 second round picks (one from the Saints). If they traded the Saints pick to the Broncos, that'd likely be a singificantly later pick in the round. And they have both their own, and the Bears' third round picks, too.

This is assuming https://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Future/49ers.htm is accurate

Nope.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
Rip Jimmy :greenangel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Peachfart posted:

Trading picks for Patriot backup QBs... wow, I didn't think the 49ers were that far gone.

https://youtu.be/nPK7C0hTWaI

Its Rinaldo posted:

I went to a Texans site to see what they thought of Duane Brown and hooo boy man. Shoulda known not to read the comments. A hot take I thought was particularly funny was a bunch of fans being cool with Watson playing behind a bad line as he has played well so far. Like, did it not occur to them why Seattle would trade for a left tackle when we run out Russell God King of the Scramble Drill Wilson?

Yeah that was fun earlier this week after the McNair stuff.
Posts devoted to game topics: 21
Posts devoted to denying that McNair said anything racist and calling people who were offended ignorant: 439

• Locked thread