Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

exquisite tea posted:

Egypt is not the fertile crescent.

:raise:

exquisite tea posted:

Egypt is not the fertile crescent.

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

egypt sucks by the way. snowy new england + upstate new york was the best setting

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

This made me laugh out loud. Thank you.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i am thoroughly disinterested in other countries and their history and culture

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

oddium posted:

the great pyramid and the last woolly mammoths were concurrent

Oxford University was created before the Aztec Empire was

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oxford University was created before the Aztec Empire was

you're talking to the girl what got Sunset Invasion in eu4....... i know all about the very specific period of 1444-1812

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dogsicle posted:

same, except for the three kingdoms period of china, its very romantic

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

dogsicle posted:

yeah that's exactly what i said jackass

i was so excited about ac3's setting with connor and his tribe and the game spent next to no time with either of them, and that's after you spend the entire game playing as him

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The White Dragon posted:

yeah that's exactly what i said jackass

i was so excited about ac3's setting with connor and his tribe and the game spent next to no time with either of them, and that's after you spend the entire game playing as him

ac3 is a special game that disappoints you no matter what it is you like

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i like playing bocce with washington

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

one of the laughably dumb things about "no HUD" in AC Origins is that you can't see enemy levels. I was getting nowhere against these 2 guys guarding a thing and then turned on HUD after getting 2-shotted repeatedly. Turns out their health was loving insane and they were just some random uberlevel goons. There's literally no way to tell until you start fighting them and get loving wrecked. That's kind of really bad.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

DLC Inc posted:

one of the laughably dumb things about "no HUD" in AC Origins is that you can't see enemy levels. I was getting nowhere against these 2 guys guarding a thing and then turned on HUD after getting 2-shotted repeatedly. Turns out their health was loving insane and they were just some random uberlevel goons. There's literally no way to tell until you start fighting them and get loving wrecked. That's kind of really bad.

Wow yeah coulda used a heads up on that one couldn't you have

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

oddium posted:

in my hands, spelunky man did everything he could possibly do in life, including the eggplant kill. let him rest

The canon Spelunky Man survived his very first foray into the caves, having few problems with every one of his ordeals. His daughter's gonna die wondering why it was so difficult. :C

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

oddium posted:

you're talking to the girl what got Sunset Invasion in eu4....... i know all about the very specific period of 1444-1812

EU4 is on its 12th expansion? :monocle:

I think I have spent more time buying expansions and thinking about buying expansions compared to actually playing this game, I'm already three expansions behind

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i just wanted a mission where you row down the river with benjamin franklin and his friends, and then someone isn't rowing, so benji throws him overboard, and the rest of the mission is him directing you to row or slow down so his friend can catch up, and then row away

the last time he tells you "ok i'm pulling him up" and you can row away one more time and everyone will laugh but if you do it too many times you desynchronize

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

oddium posted:

the great pyramid and the last woolly mammoths were concurrent

I'd make a Cro reference but absolutely nobody remembers Cro.

I am the only one left who remembers. The keeper of the knowledge.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

corn in the bible posted:

its not set in ancient egypt, it's set during cleopatra's time
I know, what White Dragon said was that Egypt was boring in general.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

an actual dog posted:

I'm not over the switch parental controls video yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03bAayBtcb0

oh my god

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Bowser protects his son from internet ghosts, best dad 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Bowser Jr. is super adorable but where the hell are the other kids?

What did Bowser do to his other children?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

in reality bowser jr is one of the internet boos and posts hosed up things about princess peach on mushroom kingdom 4chan

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Raxivace posted:

bowser jr is his only kid, canonically

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Raxivace posted:

they are adults now with lives of their own

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

homeless snail posted:

internet boos

They're called 'weeaboos'

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Raxivace posted:

He lost custody of them in the divorce.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Bowser protects his son from internet ghosts, best dad 2017

Bowser employs boos as cheap labor but refuses to let them associate with his own family. Racism runs deep in the Koopa Kingdom.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

look koopa castle has extremely extensive lawns and property tax these days is EXTREMely high so maybe you shouldn't be so down on a guy for saving a little money by using perfectly willing ghost landscaping

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Bowser employs boos as cheap labor but refuses to let them associate with his own family. Racism runs deep in the Koopa Kingdom.

in the backwards world of mario its the secretive figures in white sheets who are oppressed

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

dr mario prescribes the red pill

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Raxivace posted:

bowju is his only child, no one knows or cares about the rest of the pig face goblins i did not grow up with

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

in the backwards world of mario its the secretive figures in white sheets who are oppressed

We're talking about Boos, not Duplighosts

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Olive! posted:

We're talking about Boos, not Duplighosts

That's a sidequest in Witcher 3 iirc

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

kind of weird that you can't assassinate people in a game called assassin's creed until later. also the aimbotting archers loving suck

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

All I can think about now is how insane this sounds out of context

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

kind of weird that you can't assassinate people in a game called assassin's creed until later. also the aimbotting archers loving suck

hold up your shield to block the arrows!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The kids can call you Bowju.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hold up your shield to block the arrows!

Having a button for the shield is good and bad, good that it blocks arrows but bad because in combat I need to press the shield button and then also the lock on, so fighting requires 2 dumb prompts. Also I've felt that I've been punished for daring to go without HUD, as being out of your league against certain enemies means futile battles.

I'm used to one-hit assassinations so diving into a guy only to have him toss me off Shadow of Mordor style is weird as heck.

edit: assumed I could faceroll literally everyone from the getgo but apparently you can upgrade stealth damage and poo poo. this ain't as brainless as the other AC games so I can respect that

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 31, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"turning players into payers" is such perfectly terrible corporate bullshit speak that i almost can't believe it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Bowser having a picture of Peach as the wallpaper of his phone is actually pretty hosed up

• Locked thread