Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Helios Grime posted:

So I think it is time to place bets on who will be cast to play the involved parties for the movie screening in 2 years.

My pick for lead actors.

Daniel Craig - Peter Madsen
Christina Hendriks - Kim Wall

Jack Black and Emma Watson.

It's the surprise sequel to 2011 favorite, Bernie.

EDIT: well that's a poo poo snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bushmeister posted:

Jack Black and Emma Watson.

It's the surprise sequel to 2011 favorite, Bernie.

EDIT: well that's a poo poo snipe.
Kevin Spacey - Peter Madsen
Anthony Rapp - Kim Wall

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Harvey Weinstein gets the part of the U-boat.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Helios Grime posted:

Harvey Weinstein gets the part of the U-boat.

Doesn't seem likely. Submarines surface again.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Kevin Spacey - Peter Madsen
Anthony Rapp - Kim Wall

A police officer looks around at things in the submarine and it finally clicks. By god Madsen has just been naming things in the submarine. He was Sawser Hatzhet all along! But it's too late. Peter Madsen has already slowly stopped doggy paddling and is now aptly swimming away.

Sarcopenia has a new favorite as of 18:32 on Oct 30, 2017

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Sorry for thinking that maybe a nude corpse might be a good place for a link or possibly a tag or two.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
Gosh. I went back and fixed it. Calm yourself.

I offer this in apology.

In all seriousness though, I'm not sorry at all. This poo poo is still happening today in TYOOL 2017 in the United States of loving America and it's shameful.

https://thinkprogress.org/more-than-100-000-texan-women-have-tried-to-induce-their-own-abortion-6fadbb3df468/

That Damn Satyr has a new favorite as of 19:55 on Oct 30, 2017

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

That drat Satyr posted:

Gosh. I went back and fixed it. Calm yourself.

I offer this in apology.

That cat will claw your fingers off if you try to pet it in that position.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

John Big Booty posted:

Sorry for thinking that maybe a nude corpse might be a good place for a link or possibly a tag or two.

John Big Booty posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

There was a disclaimer of spoilers at the top, and you were a complete dick about how you said it.

One might ask what the gently caress is wrong with you that you can't politely go "hey, tag them, link them, don't spoiler them."
Politeness works in PYF.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If you are posting nude dead bodies without a link you're way past deserving politeness.

Use some common sense.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

John Big Booty posted:

In the unnerving thread poster posts unnerving texts and pics.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

RCarr posted:

If you are posting nude dead bodies without a link you're way past deserving politeness.

Use some common sense.

Not everyone knows the particulars of how spoiler tags work. Use some common politeness.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I would normally agree. But we are talking about some hellish photos of nude dead women, covered in blood, etc. There shouldn't be much room for error with poo poo like that.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I agree. Disturbing text is one thing, but throw pictures behind a spoiler.

Don’t be dick
Hide it in a click

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
:munch:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

fruit on the bottom posted:

I agree. Disturbing text is one thing, but throw pictures behind a spoiler.

Don’t be dick
Hide it in a click

We just covered that spoilers are not actually good enough, fruit. Please, everyone, tag and link :nws: photos.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Dude you guys, I edited the post. Stop arguing about it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Avenging_Mikon posted:

We just covered that spoilers are not actually good enough, fruit. Please, everyone, tag and link :nws: photos.

Excuse me.

Unless you’re willing to get rekt
Don’t you loving dare correct (me).

:argh:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

That drat Satyr posted:

Dude you guys, I edited the post. Stop arguing about it.

:respek:

Thanks for posting the whole thing.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Please do remember to TAG AND LINK nws/nms images. Spoiler tags are not good enough. It's right there in the PYF rules.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

2. Keep posts work safe. Any NWS content must be LINKED and clearly marked with :nws: tags.

As far as Satyr's content itself, it's horrifying, but even more horrifying is how relevant it is today. The American government is waging active war on women's rights to choose and on our reproductive health and safety. I'm not saying this as a soapbox really, but instead because some of the reports I received were basically just "ugh gross, I don't want to read this." Sticking our heads in the sand about the repercussions of these medieval, misogynistic laws will do worse than nothing.

Anyway that's my unnerving content contribution for the evening: this stuff isn't just things that happened, it's things that are happening and things that are about to happen a hell of a lot more. Call your local representatives today :toot:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

As far as Satyr's content itself, it's horrifying, but even more horrifying is how relevant it is today. The American government is waging active war on women's rights to choose and on our reproductive health and safety. I'm not saying this as a soapbox really, but instead because some of the reports I received were basically just "ugh gross, I don't want to read this." Sticking our heads in the sand about the repercussions of these medieval, misogynistic laws will do worse than nothing.

Anyway that's my unnerving content contribution for the evening: this stuff isn't just things that happened, it's things that are happening and things that are about to happen a hell of a lot more. Call your local representatives today :toot:

Thank you for this post.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

You're welcome. I wish we didn't live in a world where I felt like I had to make it.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Yes, thank you. And... same. :smith:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Well, now I just want to hug everyone!

With all my arms. :) :) :)

e: drat I gotta get my av back, spider jokes look weird without that cute lil dude playing the bongos next to my posts

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Spider Covets posted:

Well, now I just want to hug everyone!

With all my arms. :) :) :)

e: drat I gotta get my av back, spider jokes look weird without that cute lil dude playing the bongos next to my posts

I'll reimburse you for it if you buy one, I love dat lil bongo guy.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Pick posted:

I'll reimburse you for it if you buy one, I love dat lil bongo guy.

Ha, thank you, I'll get him back sometime this week though. :) I'm just being lazy.

To contribute, here's one of my favorites, one that I'm sure has come up in the thread before and I've just forgotten it: the Darvaza gas crater!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darvaza_gas_crater#/media/File:Darvasa_gas_crater_panorama.jpg

quote:

The Darvaza gas crater, known locally as the "Door to Hell" or ''Gates of Hell", is a natural gas field in Derweze, Turkmenistan, that collapsed into an underground cavern, becoming a natural gas crater. Geologists set it on fire to prevent the spread of methane gas, and it has been burning continuously since 1971. The diameter of the crater is 69 metres (226 ft), and its depth is 30 metres (98 ft).

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

A Spider Covets posted:

Ha, thank you, I'll get him back sometime this week though. :) I'm just being lazy.

To contribute, here's one of my favorites, one that I'm sure has come up in the thread before and I've just forgotten it: the Darvaza gas crater!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darvaza_gas_crater#/media/File:Darvasa_gas_crater_panorama.jpg

Sounds like a successful attempt tbh, hard for methane to spread around when it's all on fire :pseudo:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oh sure. Some geologists can go and ignite eternal hell cauldrons, but I light one stupid field on fire when I'm 11 and I'm the bad kid in the neighborhood.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Man says girlfriend’s mutilated body with missing organs is blow-up doll with human flesh

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

That headline made me think Republican politician

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

This story is somehow more horrific than the headline implied

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Aesop Poprock posted:

This story is somehow more horrific than the headline implied

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Well that article contains the best/worst excuse ever: "If you find anything in there it's from the internet".

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Jesus, he looks so normal. I’ve never heard of something so horrible being done so incompetently.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

So wait, dude has a prior charge from March of battery against the victim, but they *don't* imideately suspect murder? :psyduck:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

That drat Satyr posted:

So wait, dude has a prior charge from March of battery against the victim, but they *don't* imideately suspect murder? :psyduck:

They might do unofficially; but iirc from all those true-crime shows I've consumed, any kind of investigation into this lady's cause of death is going to be much more difficult now, on account of all that rotting and disembowelment and whatnot

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

That drat Satyr posted:

Charging a murder suspect with a lesser crime while they work out what happened is a pretty standard tactic. They can investigate and charge further at their convenience, without having proceedings start on the murder trial itself. I'm sure they're driving hard for a confession to avoid the hassle of a trial, and also to see what charges they can bring on the mom too.

In that context, I took the comment as being some combination of "he's not charged with that, so I'm not commenting on it" and "uh yeah, we might take a look at whether the guy found cutting up a corpse killed the person, and thank you for asking the most painfully obvious question dumbass".

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
That's some Carl Tanzler poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sarcopenia posted:

That's some Carl Tanzler poo poo.

That's the most Florida story of all time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Tanzler

http://www.blumhouse.com/2016/03/28/the-macabre-true-story-of-karl-tanzler-and-his-corpse-bride/

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/morbid-monday-the-macabre-romance-of-a-man-and-a-mummy