Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Also acceptable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I think something is going to happen to casca and guts will be asked to use the behelit. Guts is the griffith of his current group, healing casca is his goal. Farnese and Schierke are like guts and casca. They both love guts (griffith). Ishidoro is corkus, Serpico is judeau. If this correct, I'll understand it whichever way guts decides.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I imagine that Femto's going to kick Guts' rear end real bad and then his Behelit will activate and some poo poo happens where Guts rejects it all and beats Femto in the MC Escher world or something, beating him permanently.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

But the behe only belongs to Puck?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

According to Puck. Behelits choose their owners though so they're the only ones whose "opinion" matters, so to speak.

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
Guts should become an apostle, kill griffis, then lower himself into a volcano while giving the gang a thumbs up.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
When Guts activates Behi out of despair, the Godhand will be shocked to find out that it's time for their arm to be sacrificed, and Guts is gonna be the hand doing the squeezing.

Griffith may return alive with his broken body, so Guts can appease Casca, but it's possible that Guts will sacrifice himself or something wonky (hey it's worked so far), and only Casca will be left to give bowls of soup to Griffith.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Goku will blow up the Godhand with a spirit bomb and use the dragon balls to wish back the Band of the Hawk

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Goku will blow up the Godhand with a spirit bomb and use the dragon balls to wish back the Band of the Hawk

take my energy goku

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fantastic Flyer posted:

What if Griffith watched last weeks special ep though

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

God Hand: an unusual brand name for model kits

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

This is a loving good tune.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Guys, the joke about Berserk having an ending was funny the first few posts, but can we stop running it into the ground?

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Nipper sounds like a derogatory term for Japanese people.

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Guys, the joke about Berserk having an ending was funny the first few posts, but can we stop running it into the ground?

heck naw

And I just watched Hell Raiser again (because friday the 13th and all) and it's scary how similar that movie is to Berz.

Device used to summon inter-dimensional beings who could be demons or angels depending on the perception of the summoner? ✓

Mysterious vender who gives out said device? ✓

Main demon has a huge head, one demon is a fat guy, another has a weird mouth, and a female one? ✓

Trading the soul of another person in place of your own? ✓

One woman caught between two men? ✓

Im sure there are more parallels those are just off the top of my head, it's pretty crazy to me.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Woebin posted:

This is a loving good tune.

Anyone who likes Hirasawa's Berserk soundtrack stuff should probably check out the album this is from (Aurora) and also Kyuusai no Gihou -- a couple of the tracks on there were originally written for Yuuko Miyamura (90s Casca) to perform, based on her performance in Berserk.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Those are some drat good nippers from what I've heard.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

You want jokes about Berserk's ever ending to end? fygm fallacy.

Things will be disappointing unless Behi is used. Griffith either has to sacrifice his city or have some breakdown. I think it would kinda suck to have a Casca=Shinji faux Evangelion ending for the world, and I wouldn't mind seeing a return to darkness of endless truly berserk Black Swordsman, but it's likely Guts has to die... and Casca probably has to kill Griffith. There's something to be said for Casca reverting to childhood, Guts invoking Behi and sacrificing his new party in an attempt to get her back, rampage killing the Godhand, and being stuck as the first of the new cycle. nojoke

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

If anyone likes powermetal here Beast in Black have a berserk themed song
https://youtu.be/pdlAZj5iDc8

The same album has a track called Zodd the Immortal

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

freelop posted:

If anyone likes powermetal here Beast in Black have a berserk themed song
https://youtu.be/pdlAZj5iDc8

The same album has a track called Zodd the Immortal

If blackened thrash is more your speed, here's Witchaven.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enVrWMXSNW0

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Working logically from "media that has referenced Berserk" to "Berserk referencing media"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n5qVJEg3qA

We all knew Femento was glam-rock

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I was hoping Blade of the Immortal would sate my berserk hungry but no, its just boring. My berserk elitism is reaffirmed.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

temple posted:

I was hoping Blade of the Immortal would sate my berserk hungry but no, its just boring. My berserk elitism is reaffirmed.

The comic or the movie?

Because if you mean the comic, elitism might be an understatement.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

The 13 episode anime

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

temple posted:

The 13 episode anime

You have made a terrible mistake.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Nuebot posted:

You have made a terrible mistake.

I figured when the ending was a non-ending.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

temple posted:

The 13 episode anime

lol

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

temple posted:

The 13 episode anime

Which is only slightly less bad than the new Berserk anime.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Why people still insist watching awful animes when critically acclaimed mangas exist is beyond me.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Laputanmachine posted:

Why people still insist watching awful animes when critically acclaimed mangas exist is beyond me.

Keeping up with licensed manga is really expensive compared to anime streaming services.

For unlicensed stuff scanlator quality is, on average, abysmal compared to fansubs, let alone to professional translation. I don't enjoy reading stuff where the idiom is so weird you have to constantly second-guess what it's trying to say. On the one hand it's free, and lots of people seem willing to ignore it (and to tell others that since it's not a literal machine translation it's not a problem) but it's just not an enjoyable experience for me.

I'm very grateful that Evil Genius have continued their work on Berserk because they're one of the most notable exceptions to this rule.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

On the other hand, now you're watching third-rate anime instead of doing something better with your time

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

U-DO Burger posted:

On the other hand, now you're watching third-rate anime instead of doing something better with your time

You usually don't know that until it's too late!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I like to watch anime before reading manga so I can have an idea of the action. I have a hard time understanding the conventions and styles of how some manga depict multiple actions on a panel.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Not every mangaka can keep their actions and speech bubbles synchronized. They might put action at an awkward angle just because the wrong character speaks first and therefore needs to be on the right side.

It's usually fine unless the fighters like, wear the same uniform or something

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
Trigun was a manga that had my confused as to what the hell was going on a lot of the time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nightow can't draw a coherent action sequence to save his life.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Trigun definitely has a "style". Honestly it seemed to make sense within that style until Omnibus 5. The second time I read it, even that started to become vaguely coherent, but I doubt it will ever actually make sense.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the story was coherent enough, but the action was never great. also wolfwood's replacement was a total fuckin' chump.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Trigun Maximum is great but I really do think the action would have been vastly better served being fully adapted in the anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I read Trigun Maximum and by the end I wasn’t sure if the books had pages printed out of order. It was a well drawn, steady descent into indecipherable nonsense.