Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
All I'll say is thank loving GOD there's no record of the person I was 5 or 10 years ago, much less back to around middle school where the real cuntyness begins. It's horrifying thinking about what my life would be like with some Jayden Smith-level bullshit following me around forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

if trump fires Mueller tomorrow you can name it Mueller's day off

fairest mueller's day off

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

All I'll say is thank loving GOD there's no record of the person I was 5 or 10 years ago, much less back to around middle school where the real cuntyness begins. It's horrifying thinking about what my life would be like with some Jayden Smith-level bullshit following me around forever.

If you don't hate who you were five years ago you're not improving as a person IMO.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Slim Pickens posted:

'Sundown State' sounds like it could be an actual state motto.

Particularly for Oregon.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Godholio posted:

Only if you can't tell the difference between explaining and supporting.

Oh, you wish.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Pretty sure this is all speculative but:

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/925144729548935169

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Maybe we should have a separate thread to circlejerk about how much we hate nazis and how not racist we are?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Everyone else (sheep, trend-followers): Racism sure is bad, and I hate how our government tacitly and sometimes actively encourages expressions of white supremacy by drawing false moral equivalencies and rolling back civil rights protections for minorities.

Me (cosmic brain): Yeah sure, whatever guys. Maybe talk about some real issues? :jerkbag:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

If anyone needs to get some Nazi-stomping out of their system, the new Wolfenstein is loving GLORIOUS for that.

Have you ever wanted to melt Nazis with a laser? How about a flamethrower cannon? Or maybe you want to bust out your inner SEAL TEAM OPERATOR and tomahawk some Nazis. All these options are open to you, and more!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

at the date posted:

Everyone else (sheep, trend-followers): Racism sure is bad, and I hate how our government tacitly and sometimes actively encourages expressions of white supremacy by drawing false moral equivalencies and rolling back civil rights protections for minorities.

Me (cosmic brain): Yeah sure, whatever guys. Maybe talk about some real issues? :jerkbag:

So what's the multiverse brain version of this?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

at the date posted:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Pretty sure this is all speculative but:

For what it's worth, Georgie Papadop looks like he's been trying to shop around his story on LinkedIn/Facebook and some other stuff. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes after some kind of book deal.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

orange juche posted:

So what's the multiverse brain version of this?

have you heard of the proud boys

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Did I just read this fool call for the impeachement of someone due to "lack of good behavior"?

MRC48B posted:

The last two sane foreign policy initiatives we had were the Marshall Plan, and the one where we did the same thing in the 90s with Soviet NBC scientists and engineers so they wouldn't go mercenary.

Also, every time I'm reminded of the Marshall Plan, I thank my lucky stars that it was chosen over the Morgenthau Plan.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

have you heard of the proud boys

Wooow that is dumb as gently caress.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

orange juche posted:

Wooow that is dumb as gently caress.

Tried to control my wanks and ended up a white supremacist.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

This is straight up a Shelby Foote quote from Ken Burns' Civil War documentary, and I'm pretty sure Foote didn't elaborate on what they were supposed to compromise on then either.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ok so George Papadopoulos? Not only did he went to the same college as me, his dad taught one of my classes in 2015.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The compromise they sought was to be able to keep slaves in the south and in essence force half of the new states that come from territories to be slave states.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

cowboy elvis posted:

Ok so George Papadopoulos? Not only did he went to the same college as me, his dad taught one of my classes in 2015.

What was it about

Lying to the feds or being an informant

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FAUXTON posted:

What was it about

Lying to the feds or being an informant

Honestly? It was a Geopolitics course. My final was a 12-page paper on Russian aggression in the Arctic Circle due to climate change creating news access to resources and shipping routes.

I got an A.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

cowboy elvis posted:

Mike Flynn went to my university, and then came back and gave a speech to my ROTC battalion.

But this was before he openly sucked.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
A pronouncement from the president of the United States of America:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I like to think that when Trump starts typing a tweet it's like the red ball alert from minority report.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
In the sense that he’s a very stupid precog?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I just realized that all of this is happening right before the VA elections. Clinton won the state by over 4% and the Republican nominee has been cozying up to Trump hard.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

cowboy elvis posted:

In the sense that he’s a very stupid precog?

That everyone in the staff is freaking the gently caress out trying to assess what's about to happen and frantically looking at different TV channels to determine what the Orangegropenfuhrer is mad about.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Vasudus posted:

That everyone in the staff is freaking the gently caress out trying to assess what's about to happen and frantically looking at different TV channels to determine what the Orangegropenfuhrer is mad about.

I really want to know if anyone has tried to take away his Twitter access.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Slim Pickens posted:

It could be the White House motto now too.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Slim Pickens posted:

It's close enough in every meaningful way to Florida's

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The staffers telling the press there are no plans to fire Mueller means it's happening today right?

Chichevache posted:

It could be the White House motto now too.

There's no shortage of sundown syndrome to be sure

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

cowboy elvis posted:

"did he went"

Good college you went to there

shame on an IGA posted:

The staffers telling the press there are no plans to fire Mueller means it's happening today right?

I'm sure it does

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

psydude posted:

I just realized that all of this is happening right before the VA elections. Clinton won the state by over 4% and the Republican nominee has been cozying up to Trump hard.

Quinnipiac has Northam, the dem, up by 17.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

iKon posted:

Quinnipiac has Northam, the dem, up by 17.

Lol that's all pre-indictments too ain't it

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
Yep. Poll closed on the 29th.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

at the date posted:

Pretty sure nobody said racism isn’t a real issue. Maybe this is the current events thread not the debate gun control and the structural causes of racism thread? Or does “current events” mean something else?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

I dunno if you've noticed over the past few years but the resurgence in open racism is kind of a current event bro

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Also the systemic marginalization of minorities is kinda coming to a pretty decent boil so that's a pretty current event too

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

No you see, those statues were always festooned with crowds of unfuckable college students carrying tiki torches and worshipping them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's super cool being in public and people harassing you and your fiancé at a moments notice and using TRUMP as their justification. Highly recommend it, builds character.

• Locked thread