Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

EvanTH posted:

Top 3 2nd year

I love my small sample sizes, there are currently 13 players in the NBA posting a PER above 30 for 2017-18.

Giannis is number 5 with a 36.5, but Dakari Johnson posting 100.2 on 6 minutes played is incredible, because no player has ever put up a PER > 60 while playing more than 5 minutes in a season. He'll most likely ruin it by not getting cut in the next few days.

Ben Simmons' 22.1 is good enough for 56th right now

22.1 is top 10 or so for PGs so that's cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Can't stop thinkin about Ben Simmons

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hope you will be Ben Simmons for Halloween

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Fill in the blank:

Ben Simmons is a top ___ player in the NBA.

Top 50 for sure. Maybe top 30, but I'd have to think about it properly and draw up a list.

Next year who knows.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

We're all Ben Simmons when you really think about it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Simmons is defiantly the best in his 21 year old season or younger .There are tons of good players though. The league is stacked .

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
I thought Porzingis would make a step forward skill wise this year and show improvement, but that as he became the number one option with no other talent around him his efficiency would stay mostly flat. The fact that he's increased his volume tremendously and has also become more efficient ('only been six games' caveat) is super impressive to me.

The future of franchise level super skilled 6'10"+ players is just around the corner - Simmons, Embiid, Porzingis, KAT, AD, Giannis, Jokic... these are all guys who play the 4 or 5 with better ball skills than most threes had ten years ago.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

verbal enema posted:

So far?

Easily top 12

You must think Embiid sucks because any team in the East with 2 top-25 players should be a playoff team and probably a 1st round home playoff team. Simmons is still young, he's putting up numbers but he still has a lot to do to round off his game.

Embiid is the better player right now, though Simmons will almost certainly be a monster. He still needs some time.

euphronius posted:

Simmons is defiantly the best in his 21 year old season or younger .There are tons of good players though. The league is stacked .

KAT is still 21 for another 2 weeks, and I think he affects the game more right now than Simmons.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Going off of basketball reference ages which are iirc February 1st.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MelancholyMark posted:

I used to think all the Rubio love was a gimmick but now I understand the truth :3:

Welcome to the light, friend :)

euphronius posted:

Simmons is defiantly the best in his 21 year old season or younger .

also Anthony Davis was insanely good in his age 21 season and was probably better that year than KAT was last year

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

"21 year old season"

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

tanglewood1420 posted:

I thought Porzingis would make a step forward skill wise this year and show improvement, but that as he became the number one option with no other talent around him his efficiency would stay mostly flat. The fact that he's increased his volume tremendously and has also become more efficient ('only been six games' caveat) is super impressive to me.

The future of franchise level super skilled 6'10"+ players is just around the corner - Simmons, Embiid, Porzingis, KAT, AD, Giannis, Jokic... these are all guys who play the 4 or 5 with better ball skills than most threes had ten years ago.

He's leading the league in usage! The previous Knicks lineups were awful for him, but woof, he has nothing else around him. Kanter might be his best teammate. I also suspect Porzingis might be secretly real bad at defense, but right now the Knicks are pretty good defensively so it's not bearing out.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

euphronius posted:

Going off of basketball reference ages which are iirc February 1st.

Ah, I was using the more obscure definition "Time you've existed on this planet".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

Ah, I was using the more obscure definition "Time you've existed on this planet".

If we went by calendar age of today then obv kat is way way better offensive player than Simmons as 21 year olds

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

euphronius posted:

If we went by calendar age of today then obv kat is way way better offensive player than Simmons as 21 year olds

I'm just giving you crap. Simmons is super legit. He's still playing ahead of himself sometimes right now, he's just going to get better and start making guys around him a lot better too. He can also defend smaller guys better than I thought he would.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Lockback posted:

Lol

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

MODS?

Also Ben Simmons is good and I think the Boomers will go all right next Olympics.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lebron's Halloweeen party

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Athletes with all this money pick the most basic halloween costumes

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Big fan of the Milli Vanilli couples costume. Also did Kyle Korver hire people to dress as Oompa Loompas and follow him around? lmbo if I were rich as gently caress I would 100% do that if I was gonna dress as Willie Wonka

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

that link informed me that lebron was wearing an all white ill fitting suit on draft night and i am having a real hardy chuckle @ that

also, still cant believe tailored suits were invented sometime in like 2010 real hosed up

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Jota posted:

Big fan of the Milli Vanilli couples costume. Also did Kyle Korver hire people to dress as Oompa Loompas and follow him around? lmbo if I were rich as gently caress I would 100% do that if I was gonna dress as Willie Wonka

If you’re also NBA tall it works very effectively

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Athletes with all this money pick the most basic halloween costumes

Tristan brought Khloe and the Kardashians are the most basic...women of them all. They went as Game of Thrones.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ghost Dog posted:

that link informed me that lebron was wearing an all white ill fitting suit on draft night and i am having a real hardy chuckle @ that

also, still cant believe tailored suits were invented sometime in like 2010 real hosed up

That draft photo is the stuff of legends. You haven't seen it?

Edit: Also lmao at people on this forum complaining about people's halloween costume.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Oct 31, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

This... This is good.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Dexo posted:

That draft photo is the stuff of legends. You haven't seen it?

Edit: Also lmao at people on this forum complaining about people's halloween costume.

i had not its incredible

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Mr and Mrs Conehead is rad

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Korver had little people as accessories he wins

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ghost Dog posted:

i had not its incredible

Early 2000s draft suit game was questionable.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

of all the stings to be... how shameful to go as wolfpac sting

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

AggressivelyStupid posted:

This... This is good.

This and the Eazy E costumes were both fantastic

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Day 2. No power. I'm cold. Morale is low. But the Celtics are playing well and that's all the "Heat" that I need.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Man I know Anthony Davis is getting overshadowed by all these younger fellas but he's still only 24 and doing 28/12 on 55% shooting (and 41% on threes so far) let's not forget him please!!!!!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

peer posted:

Man I know Anthony Davis is getting overshadowed by all these younger fellas but he's still only 24 and doing 28/12 on 55% shooting (and 41% on threes so far) let's not forget him please!!!!!

24 is old and nearly dead

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

peer posted:

I'd really like for the Pelicans to break out and bring back Twin Towers, but I am having a tough time seeing them making noise in the West.

Move either New Orleans or Minnesota East please.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

peer posted:

I didn't forget him!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

peer posted:

Those averages were severely impacted by him playing only five minutes in the Portland game. It should be somewhere around 34/15 if you remove that game.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Tall Baller from the G

https://twitter.com/snark_tank/status/925193120190382080

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Channing Frye as Blankman is incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Germany please stop trying to make "The G" happen. It's not gonna happen.

• Locked thread