Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the day kawato gets the pin will be the greatest day in the history of our great sport

this has been a fun-rear end show so far, and I am looking forward to the fun rear end show in the semi-main. let's go super 69 !!!!

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Oct 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
kawato is really good. and he's basically a child. i really wonder what the next, like, 20 years are gonna hold for him.

lij vs. r3k should be very good. it's a shame that hiromu's gonna chase the title, and i guess he's too good not to, but i'm really liking this team.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I miss anything worth catching up on before this?

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Jerusalem posted:

I miss anything worth catching up on before this?

the ibushi/tana multi tag was very good. especially if you like kawato.

also, kenny omega dressed up as princess jasmine. and suzuki getting dq's for hanging yano from the ropes and beating up the ref.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

gently caress YEAH SUPER 69

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus Christ his chest :gonk:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Jesus Christ his chest :gonk:

chops should not make you bleed :stonk:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

give yoh roman's vest so this poo poo doesn't happen again cuz ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gently caress yes Roppongi 3K

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

YOH's chest was loving gross. Bring on Dotombori 3K.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Thoughts on the 10/29 and 10/30 shows:

Is Sho missing a front tooth now?? [Edit: I guess it's his mouthguard, he looked fine in the post match interview]

Also, the japanese announcers for these last couple shows on NJPWworld seem different from the usual ones (With Milano Collection AT); why the change I wonder?

Richter Scabies fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 31, 2017

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
When they are taping for Samurai TV, the commentary is I guess reserved/paid for that broadcast. In early NJPW World, they used to just have no commentary on the shows even though you'd get the occasional shot of the commentary team.

Now, I guess because NJPW World is doing well, they bring in their own commentary team. In Korakuen, it's the little table that is next to the wrestler entrance that's on the right side of the ring.

My guess is that "Super Jr. Tag Tournament" will be a special on Samurai so they've had to use the alternate team for all the shows on the tour.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The cosplay match was amusing and Kenny is pretty much almost 100% face at Korakuen

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/realkevinkelly/status/925180791516254209

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Full Power Struggle card is up and it looks fantastic. Other than the already announced matches and Omega/Beretta, The Young Bucks vs. Dragon Lee & Titan has the potential to be really great.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Richter Scabies posted:

Thoughts on the 10/29 and 10/30 shows:
I really liked Oka carrying Kitamura to the back after Suzuki's beatdown on the 10/29 show. :3:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Baron Corbyn posted:

Full Power Struggle card is up and it looks fantastic. Other than the already announced matches and Omega/Beretta, The Young Bucks vs. Dragon Lee & Titan has the potential to be really great.

drat you aren't kidding. That Yano / Suzuki match is going to be brutal.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

As mentioned the full card is out. This card happens right after the clock changes for the US and Canada so while if it were the night before it would've started at 4:00 EDT it'll officially happen at 3:00 EST now.

POWER STRUGGLE
November 5th at 3:00 EST/8:00 GMT
Edion Arena Osaka

David Finlay vs. Katsuya Kitamura
Dragon Lee and Titan vs. Young Bucks
Juice, KUSHIDA, Liger, TMIV, and Kawato vs. Suzuki-gun (ZSJ, Taichi, Kanemaru, Desperado, and TAKA)
Togi Makabe and TenCozy vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro, Cody, and Chase Owens)
Super Jr. Tag Tournament Final:Super 69 vs. Roppongi 3k
CHAOS (Okada, Goto, Ishii, Y-H, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J
NEVER Openweight Championship Bullrope Match:Minoru Suzuki(c) vs. Toru Yano
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship:Will Ospreay(c) vs. Marty Scurll
IWGP US Championship:Kenny Omega(c) vs. Beretta
IWGP IC Championship:Hiroshi Tanahashi(c) vs. Kota Ibushi

Thauros fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 1, 2017

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Should we expect Switchblade to debut on this show as well?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

yeah I'd imagine based on the very similar Time Bomb segments from last year that Switchblade should be revealed. George Carroll has also promised a big announcement that's going to be revealed on the show which given his position could be NJPW USA related.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Top 4 matches looks super fun and the undercard is also good too so hyped for this show

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

in the promos they've been running since KOPW, there's a brief shot of 11/5 so presumably so.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thauros posted:

As mentioned the full card is out.

I read Tanahashi vs Ibushi and I think,"Well this card is must-see." Then I see the rest of the card and holy poo poo, what a show this is going to be.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

yeah I'd imagine based on the very similar Time Bomb segments from last year that Switchblade should be revealed. George Carroll has also promised a big announcement that's going to be revealed on the show which given his position could be NJPW USA related.

Any chance they do a deal like the G1, run a couple of Wrassle Kingdome lead-up shows in the US?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

Any chance they do a deal like the G1, run a couple of Wrassle Kingdome lead-up shows in the US?

nah that would be on way too short of a notice. could very well be related to us shows or the full fledged spinoff tho.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Thauros posted:

nah that would be on way too short of a notice. could very well be related to us shows or the full fledged spinoff tho.

I expect the big announcement to be at WrestleKingdom but it's going to be very interesting what they decide to do. Do you do a multi-city tour and really test the fanbase, or do you try to do another weekend but at a bigger venue to control cost?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
That bullrope match is going to be loving awesome. I know YTR's gimmick is comedy but I could see him somehow winning through shenanigans while actively being a loving tough son of a bitch.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Watch out Dwayne and Dave, the next wrestler to cross over into the acting world has emerged and he's coming for your crowns.

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/925535852557508608

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

That bullrope match is going to be loving awesome. I know YTR's gimmick is comedy but I could see him somehow winning through shenanigans while actively being a loving tough son of a bitch.

I'm really excited for that match. I really dig his gimmick of comedy but also being able to take a poo poo load of punishment and then winning by low blow.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

Watch out Dwayne and Dave, the next wrestler to cross over into the acting world has emerged and he's coming for your crowns.

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/925535852557508608

Nah, no big acting stars that aren’t Ken Watanabe act in both domestic Japanese films/TV and Hollywood.

And I’ve been on the periphery a bit but I’m excited to catch up ahead of Wrestle Kingdom and boy this weekend’s show looks like the place to do so.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm really excited for that match. I really dig his gimmick of comedy but also being able to take a poo poo load of punishment and then winning by low blow.

I really have disliked YTR for the most part but his match with Suzuki in the G1 sold me on this feud.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I am left to wonder whether it is us who changed, or if YTR/Suzuki is just that much better this time around? Because the last time they had an extended feud, most hated it. I hated it. Did New Japan just wear us down?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

remusclaw posted:

I am left to wonder whether it is us who changed, or if YTR/Suzuki is just that much better this time around? Because the last time they had an extended feud, most hated it. I hated it. Did New Japan just wear us down?

Suzuki is the one opponent I dread seeing against MMM YTR.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
I really wish I did my research and knew that there's no njpw app on my new roku tv.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

For those of you that care, I found Tanahashi’s appearance in a Kamen Rider movie. He’s a gun wielding geneticist.

http://www.jatoku.com/kamen-rider-heisei-generations-dr-pac-man-vs-ex-aid-ghost-with-legend-riders-english-subbed/

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Big draw Hiromu selling lip balm like hot cakes

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/927027236745617409

Also Power Struggle starts in two hours if you want to see Finlay vs. Kitamura in the preshow, two hours twenty minutes if not.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Baron Corbyn posted:

Big draw Hiromu selling lip balm like hot cakes

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/927027236745617409

Also Power Struggle starts in two hours if you want to see Finlay vs. Kitamura in the preshow, two hours twenty minutes if not.

mannn i have work at 8am why are you doin this to me njpw i just had to sit through a ufc that was great for my heart and horrible for my bankroll

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I like that even big deal guys like Kenny and Okada are still in stables so they can be in wild 4 man tag matches and such at any given time, no matter if they're a champion or not. NJPW is good stuff.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

NowonSA posted:

I like that even big deal guys like Kenny and Okada are still in stables so they can be in wild 4 man tag matches and such at any given time, no matter if they're a champion or not. NJPW is good stuff.

It makes sense. If you're a wrestler, why wouldn't you want to hang out, be friends, and have matches with a top star?

And if you're a cool person, why wouldn't you want a bunch of friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Omega vs Jericho at wrestle Kingdom! Fuuuck

• Locked thread