Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

BlackMK4 posted:

Honda Challenge series :v:

The challenging part is sufficiently reinforcing the chassis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

KakerMix posted:

Toyota Centurys are so freakin' cool.

always loved how Toyota usually has at least one JDM car that looks like they were built 20 years ago with modern technology underneath

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Wistful of Dollars posted:

"you're buying this for racing, right?"
"... Yes?"
*sticks it in '92 civic hatch*

immediately torque steers into Jersey barrier

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
is the Toyota S-FR from a couple of years ago dead then? That looked like such a riot to me

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

"... Yes?"

Aftermarket.txt

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

slothrop posted:

is the Toyota S-FR from a couple of years ago dead then? That looked like such a riot to me

? The FR-S is the Toyota 86 now that Scion is dead and far as I know a 2nd gen is coming in a couple years

More confused what this statement is referencing

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

thechalkoutline posted:

? The FR-S is the Toyota 86 now that Scion is dead and far as I know a 2nd gen is coming in a couple years

More confused what this statement is referencing

The S-FR is a different car. Think a smaller FR-S that looks similar to a Nissan BE-1.

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

S-FR concept

Finally I can add an image to the image thread!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
The racing version is pretty fun in GT Sport :v:

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

The S-FR is a different car. Think a smaller FR-S that looks similar to a Nissan BE-1.

Ohhh I forgot about that thing because (as I remember it) they said no NA version when announced and I got really mad cause I always wanted something like a modern Beat so I immediately shut it from my mind

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

"... Yes?"

:getin:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Uh, where is the build thread on that?

I'd be curious how it fits into a S2000.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

BlackMK4 posted:

Wiki says it's a K20C1 so maybe it's got the same bellhousing as a regular k series. If so I know there's already kits for them out there.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

Boost an f20 you maniac. They rule!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

On license plate char, I saw a car towing a motorcycle through rush hour traffic a few weeks back. The car was "NTKWICK", the bike was "KWICK".

Given where it was and the direction of travel, decent odds it was on its way to Firebird for a track day.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Wasn't there a thread of someone doing a mad drag build up of a Civic here a while back?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

ishikabibble posted:

Wasn't there a thread of someone doing a mad drag build up of a Civic here a while back?

Yeah and then he disappeared around the time it got ready for testing iirc.

RIP fast civic dude

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3653341

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

thanks friend!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

slothrop posted:

Yup, no word on it ever getting made despite it looking cool as poo poo. I want one. I want a Honda S660 too, I prefer the old ones but a new new kei would be pretty rad but they're Japan only.

In other Awesome car news; https://petrolicious.com/articles/meet-the-90s-kei-car-legends-keeping-portland-weird

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 31, 2017

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Somethign about those cute lil wheels :unsmith:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

Honda Launches Civic Type R Crate Engine Purchase Program

http://www.hondanews.com/releases/h...-2017-sema-show

Hmmm...

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

IOwnCalculus posted:

On license plate char, I saw a car towing a motorcycle through rush hour traffic a few weeks back. The car was "NTKWICK", the bike was "KWICK".

Given where it was and the direction of travel, decent odds it was on its way to Firebird for a track day.

http://www.kwickstand.net/Hyper-Formance.com/Welcome.html

Rad as hell ZRX?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I dunno my bieks but it was green and that is indeed an AZ plate so I'm going to go with yes.

The tow vehicle was some low end Korean hatchback, either Kia or Hyundai, so NTKWICK was an accurate description.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
This probably pisses purists off but I think its rad; My neighbor's Westfalia underwent surgery and came back with a 2.4 Ecotec. Sorry, not many pictures. He says he's got a lot of work ahead of him to get it where he wants it but it drives under its own power. Things he says he wants to address are a custom mustache bar that gives the pan more clearance instead of basically sitting on it, something to help with ventilation since it builds up heat after prolonged drives (the valve cover has like 1/8" clearance under the inside deck lid), get all the associated sensors plugged and wired in to the donor PCM so it has some hope of hitting closed loop operation. Stock trans with an adapter plate. He says a turbo Audi 5000 trans is a drop in with that plate and should take the additional power without slipping so much. I'm not familiar with the platform all that much so he could be blowing smoke up my rear end but I did get to drive it and its as fun as it looks.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

craig588 posted:

I thought it was just a show plate, so I looked it up and North Carolina specifically is one of the few states that allow more than simple alphanumeric characters.

This guy is pushing his luck:

BaT seller posted:

I have an affinity for vanity plates. The ability to get punctuation on a plate in NC prompted me to take it overboard. The punctuation isn’t part of the plate’s registration so you need real characters (A-Z 0-9). All single digit characters were taken so I had a friend on an Audi forum write a script to query the DMV site with all 1296 2-character combinations. I chose “1L” as those straight lines are least visually intrusive to a plate otherwise consumed with punctuation. Many ask what it means. Nothing at all. I did pay attention to make sure it didn’t have “$1” or “#1” or that the “@” wasn’t in the middle like an email address. I originally got the plate for my Speed Yellow Porsche 996TT, and then replaced that car with the TTRS.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I don't get it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

This probably pisses purists off but I think its rad; My neighbor's Westfalia underwent surgery and came back with a 2.4 Ecotec. Sorry, not many pictures. He says he's got a lot of work ahead of him to get it where he wants it but it drives under its own power. Things he says he wants to address are a custom mustache bar that gives the pan more clearance instead of basically sitting on it, something to help with ventilation since it builds up heat after prolonged drives (the valve cover has like 1/8" clearance under the inside deck lid), get all the associated sensors plugged and wired in to the donor PCM so it has some hope of hitting closed loop operation. Stock trans with an adapter plate. He says a turbo Audi 5000 trans is a drop in with that plate and should take the additional power without slipping so much. I'm not familiar with the platform all that much so he could be blowing smoke up my rear end but I did get to drive it and its as fun as it looks.

This is awesome.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I don't get it.

Are you... serious?

quote:

Many ask what it means. Nothing at all

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

eyebeem posted:

Are you... serious?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2012-audi-tt-rs-4/

quote:

The other cars we have now have these plates:
DIESELG8 = DieselGate, referring to the TDI diesel scandal
#EPAFAIL = EPA Fail, referring to the TDI diesel scandal. A friend with diesel BMW X5 has “EPA OK”
A DIESEL – Promoting that the A7 is a diesel, which is surprising to many
ETMRCHKN = Eat More Chicken – I love Chick Fil A and that’s their slogan

I had a 2002 Imola Yellow S4 Avant (wagon), well modified (mostly RS4 parts) that I bought new and sold 8.5 yrs later with 193k miles. The license plate was SCOOLBUS and that’s the vehicle I’m most well known for on the Audi forums.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

BlackMK4 posted:

Just the guys instagram which is on the window there.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
On license plate chat:

On two cars I saw at the same shop this morning, which specializes in neither of these makes. One may belong in the other thread.

:lolplant:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

This wraps far enough around that it’s the right thread.

Would drive.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

hello :wink:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yep, first thing I thought of too

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Sagebrush posted:

Yep, first thing I thought of too

don't doxx me

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

It’s a grill.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ugh, I bet you have to reload it for each serving of food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

In case someone missed it, Bloodhound SSC did its first public test run a few days ago, just a quick dash up to 200mph (320km/h) on jet power.

First run is at 50:30, second run is at 57:22 and there's a whole lot of talking before and after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FurX-CjOZ6Y