Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I liked Justin's singing but it was kind of a letdown episode overall especially after all the live episodes. But also, who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
They kind of admitted near the end that they hadn't planned enough for a Halloween episode. I think they tried to wing it and the results just didn't transform alchemy-like into great stuff. I had some laughs though.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I haven't listened to the episode yet, but I'm guessing tried to sing Anything Can Happen On Halloween?

Is it as good as his rendition of Send In The Clowns?

I'll admit that Anything Can Happen On Halloween really needs the footage to be complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaOrWhrdaWQ

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Honestly I enjoyed the episode a lot. The pockets question was exactly the weird kinda fun they do best, the druid party crasher was a good springboard into social anxiety/spookemups goofs, and the bee riff was literally one of my favorite things they did.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Lin is good. Hamilton is good.

I am completely unbiased in this opinion.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

yeah but how do you feel about heat rocks

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

sexpig by night posted:

Honestly I enjoyed the episode a lot. The pockets question was exactly the weird kinda fun they do best, the druid party crasher was a good springboard into social anxiety/spookemups goofs, and the bee riff was literally one of my favorite things they did.

Yeah I really enjoyed this episode. I've got bored of the live shows and just wanted some weird unstructured goofs.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
Griffin's really bitter about the fact people think the live shows are poo poo.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think they're fine but personally would always rather hear a home recorded one due to them being curated. Same with How Did This Get Made, I prefer the relaxed atmosphere of the studio recorded episodes, but 95% of their shows are live shows now.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Oct 31, 2017

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Mbmbam only tours for like 6 or 7 live shows worth of content a year lol. That's like 10 and change percent

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pastrymancy posted:

Mbmbam only tours for like 6 or 7 live shows worth of content a year lol. That's like 10 and change percent

Yeah, not nearly as much as HDTGM(I was referring specifically to them as doing 95% live shows).

I think they've done more than 6 or 7 this year though, with more still to come.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Oct 31, 2017

Serf
May 5, 2011

I think the live shows are the best stuff they make.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Bad advert talk. I'm doing old episodes and I'm getting the goosedown and it's someone doing a real bad snoop dog impression? Oooh boy.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
I'd rather listen to a Max fun ad than literally every professional ad on AM radio. Commercials are bad, everybody, and they always have been. It's exactly 30 seconds, same as your skip button.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ShineDog posted:

Bad advert talk. I'm doing old episodes and I'm getting the goosedown and it's someone doing a real bad snoop dog impression? Oooh boy.

No, that's how Jasper Redd sounds. It's okay, he's a black man, not a white guy doing a racist impression.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

His co-host was some lady whose name was the same as all the toilet supplies in my office at the time. What an unfortunate name to have

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

ShineDog posted:

Uhhh, weird place to go to instead of "a black guy"

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yeah, not nearly as much as HDTGM(I was referring specifically to them as doing 95% live shows).

I think they've done more than 6 or 7 this year though, with more still to come.

I don't even remember how many non-live HDTGM eps there have been in the last year. I feel like..3 maybe.

Also the main issue that people complained about the recent live shows is probably because they released so many at once due to tours/Travis moving and internet things/Griffin's bathroom problems/etcs . It was nice to get one again with just the boys.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I'd rather listen to a Max fun ad than literally every professional ad on AM radio. Commercials are bad, everybody, and they always have been. It's exactly 30 seconds, same as your skip button.

My skip button is ten seconds.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Do yall just sit down and listen to a podcast? I don't think I've ever listened to one when I wasn't doing something else so the idea of stopping to try and skip an ad is crazy to me

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Do yall just sit down and listen to a podcast? I don't think I've ever listened to one when I wasn't doing something else so the idea of stopping to try and skip an ad is crazy to me

Yeah, I have to do Stardew Valley or knit or something.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I listen to podcasts on the go and my play/pause button can be double tapped to skip, but it's very unreliable about how fast it needs to be for it to do this and not just pause and then start up again.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

I almost exclusively listen to podcasts while driving or at work, so it's easier to just mute or pop out an earbud for a few seconds, which effectively amounts to skipping.

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

lol if you don't change into your smoking jacket, throw another log on the fire, and make another Rob Roy before settling in to hear the news from the front and the McElroys' weekly broadcast from your Philco 90.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I may have just been traumatized having spent years sitting through my dad trying to skip the commercials on the DVR and-whoops, went to far, let's go back-I think there's another commercial after this let's go forward aga-nope that was the last one and we've gone too far again, lets back up, I think this was the last one we'll just finish watching this commercial, no wait it wasn't, there is another commercial, you know what-we don't need to see the first ten seconds after the commercial break let's just skip forward again

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
I remember when, towards the end of their life cycle, VCRs got the much-vaunted one minute skip ahead feature.

Anyway now Overcast can have the skip be as little as 7 seconds in either direction.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I used to use BeyondPod which let you do 15 second skips and 10 second rewinds, which was nice.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I'll lie in bed and listen to a podcast if I'm tired and really into the podcast.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Anybody know if there's going to be an Awful Squad today?

nvm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x2eMXI3HPs

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
I'm impressed they got Stevie Janowski on the stream

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I really appreciated this MBMBAM episode because I got to call up mom and go "hey other people are scared of buttons too"

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

nerdman42 posted:

I really appreciated this MBMBAM episode because I got to call up mom and go "hey other people are scared of buttons too"
Why is she afraid of buttons

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

nerdman42 posted:

yeah my dad is scared of buttons too. it's a surprisingly common phobia

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Is it a weird uncanny-valley eyes phobia thing?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

yeah my dad is scared of buttons too. it's a surprisingly common phobia
WHY

like I know phobias are inherently irrational but what is it that they say freaks them out

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Snooze Cruise's Scariest Music: Psycho Theme, Jaws Theme, The White Stripe's Hardest Button to Button

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
There's a Very Important Stream going on right now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d1fIFZH8Nw

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

my sister's afraid of buttons too. she used to work in a craft shop which was hilarious. anyway now if you look at her clothes carefully you'll notice there's not a single item with buttons on it.

and I don't know why. I think it's the holes that freak her out.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
How many of these people saw/read Coraline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
If it's the holes then it's probably that phobia people have to surfaces with a lot of holes/cavities. An exagerrated version of how people freak out at lotus pods