Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Have any of the current Titans (I own none) showed significant departure from the core original gimmicks?

Because that sounds like a fantastic idea and yet I feel like it's just going to be slightly updated Omega Supreme and I get a little sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

EthanSteele posted:

Good idea, but, have you considered consuming endlessly to fill the void inside?

Already done that.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
You can't be done with endlessly! That's the point!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Comparisons of the NBK and the JJ Constructicon KOs are hitting and it looks like the JJ's are far more simplified and crappy for sure.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Spiderdrake posted:

Have any of the current Titans (I own none) showed significant departure from the core original gimmicks?

Because that sounds like a fantastic idea and yet I feel like it's just going to be slightly updated Omega Supreme and I get a little sad.

Not really, no. But if any of them should be by modern design standards, it's probably Omega. Otherwise it's a lot of loose parts that can be lost, and that's not good for play pattern.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
We also have no idea if and how the Titan class figures will mesh with the current gimmicks. We have to wait for Predaking.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Keldroc posted:

Not really, no. But if any of them should be by modern design standards, it's probably Omega. Otherwise it's a lot of loose parts that can be lost, and that's not good for play pattern.
Good point. Maybe we'll see something really different then.

Unrelated, pay $36 at American Retailers to say nah Roberts, I didn't like your twist

Doesn't really look like anyone. DJD is POing for 70+70+60+36. So even more than Bruticus, but I imagine Tarn is going to sell a ton by himself. Pretty much confirms he's basically an energon combiner. With partsforming.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

Oh god, yes please. With captain, conn/ops, and maybe a couple other chairs.

And a vaguely horseshoe shaped console behind them all. If his alt mode is something vaguely Ark-shaped the whole bit could fit under a hinged transparent cockpit to act as a skylight and let you see the little dudes inside as you struggle to hoist the massive thing to swoosh it

I'm going to be completely heartbroken when this very understandably doesn't happen

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Tighclops posted:

And a vaguely horseshoe shaped console behind them all. If his alt mode is something vaguely Ark-shaped the whole bit could fit under a hinged transparent cockpit to act as a skylight and let you see the little dudes inside as you struggle to hoist the massive thing to swoosh it

Oh wow, said like that, it sounds like UK toy line Manta Force.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

I would kill people for an Omega Supreme that turned into the Manta Force ship.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Terry van Feleday posted:

As someone who hasn't kept up with the comics since one of them was still called MTMTE and some time travel stuff happened in it, I've been wondering about that actually. Like what part of them is the problem, specifically? Windblade was basically an OC and I did quite like her. (And I guess her now having a solid place in the Transformers "canon" with the new TV shows and stuff is a pretty positive development.)
I honestly don't understand the problem. I am reasonably content with the state of Transformers except for the somewhat hamfisted "Hasbroverse" stuff wedged in there.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

You’re conflating two groups of people. I’m not saying there isn’t some overlap but you’re making a weird assumption. “Nothing but OCs talking to each other” is pretty close to my ideal pitch for a TF....fiction thing. Comic, show, whatever.

Edit: Ideal in the hands of a writer that’s not too busy trying to achieve peak Whedon by huffing his own farts, that is.
I am doing exactly that for comedic effect, but it's still funny that two chunks of the fanbase are saying that the want they have which is not being met is this specific thing which very much exists without even looking at third party offerings.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

We also have no idea if and how the Titan class figures will mesh with the current gimmicks. We have to wait for Predaking.

I think they mentioned Razorclaw will have his own "Matrix" which is the new gimmick thingy with the "armor pieces" and primemasters.

So I guess he's Predaking Prime now or something like that, which at least sounds pretty badass.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
^^^^
Matrix of Worfitude.

The_Doctor posted:

Holy gently caress, I remember those things as being cool as poo poo and also never having enough dudes for all the seats.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Blackheart posted:

I think they mentioned Razorclaw will have his own "Matrix" which is the new gimmick thingy with the "armor pieces" and primemasters.

So I guess he's Predaking Prime now or something like that, which at least sounds pretty badass.

If that's the case then I'm going to call this now: Razorclaw will be Leader class and have the same evolution gimmick as the other Leader class figures including having their own Matrix.

And I want it.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

SpazmasterX posted:

If that's the case then I'm going to call this now: Razorclaw will be Leader class and have the same evolution gimmick as the other Leader class figures including having their own Matrix.

And I want it.

They've already said all five are Voyager-sized. It probably just plugs into the chest and makes the lion mane go super saiyan or something.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah they have to combine so using the evolution gimmick on top of that would be too much.

They said we'd get to see him next year right?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

We should get to buy him next year. I'd guess he'll be fully shown at New York Toy Fair in February?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I've finally found my Scourge to lead my band of TR Scourges aka The Sweeps: MechFansToys MF-20. It looks so drat good.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

pubic works project posted:

I've finally found my Scourge to lead my band of TR Scourges aka The Sweeps: MechFansToys MF-20. It looks so drat good.

He looks pretty small... will he be able to lead a band of much larger goons?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

pubic works project posted:

That’s just the Dx9 War in Pocket one scaled up?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Well drat...! I guess I'm back to looking for a Scourge!

In case you guys didn't gather, I'm no expert when it comes to Transformer collecting.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Someone mentioned eBay coupons - where do you get them from?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Really not sure what's going on with Optimus Prime, but having the main story playing out in other books is hurting this one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Disco De Soto posted:

Someone mentioned eBay coupons - where do you get them from?

They're just a code and they usually advertise it on the Ebay home page. No idea why there wasn't one yesterday but it saved me from spending money I guess.

Got a box in the mail, I dunno, this may not be enough.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Let's be doggo friends!

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Power of the Primes preorders have hit Kapow Toys. Looks like it's about to begin again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zaa Boogie posted:

Power of the Primes preorders have hit Kapow Toys. Looks like it's about to begin again.

Ugh, I would like to finish TR before I preorder the next line. That clone box set can show up any day now.

Edit: I would also like to not pay $24 for Ramhorn.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 2, 2017

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

TheDK posted:

Let's be doggo friends!

Ravage is a cat. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

Uh, I think the other one is too.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Keldroc posted:

"i've never seen [TheDK] drink anything not alcoholic" -anonymous goon

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

NBK Mixmaster seems to be shipping, still no preorders for Long Haul or Hook even though the yellow Long Haul seems to be in the wild already :(

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Uh, I think the other one is too.

Uhh well cats suck so :colbert:

ridpid

AND RUMBLE IS BLUE HAHA SUCK IT NERDS

TheDK fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Nov 2, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I rearranged my backdrop plates to go vertical instead of horizontal. A bit more structurally sound this way and to do the full second side I only need four more.

Unless I decide I need this to be as tall as a TW/Zeta combiner in which case....

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Thanks TheDK!

VVVVVV
phone posting, thanks for the heads up

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 2, 2017

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I rearranged my backdrop plates to go vertical instead of horizontal. A bit more structurally sound this way and to do the full second side I only need four more.

Unless I decide I need this to be as tall as a TW/Zeta combiner in which case....

Holy poo poo Tarn looks so tiny!

You got it mang. Sorry it took so long to get shipped out. I'm lazy. (PS you might want to timg that thing, it's massive!)

Also, these new Hero-Mashers are pretty fun:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Kicksprawn

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Breasback.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Brickspray

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Sprawnback

Add in Cosmos and call it Cosbraynk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
JinBao, the guys who OS'd Feral Rex and Warbotron have announced an OS'd Gravity Builder.

quote:

Translation-

Tittle - 3D printed sample

Enlarged by 1.2 times (size wise, be on a par with Jinbao’s Predaking and combaticons)

No transformation simplifications

A ton of corrections and improvements

Better plastic quality

MP size compatible

Due before 2018 (maybe Chinese New Year, I am not sure, maybe can go either way?)

So bigger but not Constructor levels. I'm still gonna finish out the NBK but this might be another fun one to get.