Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's going to win this mess?
This poll is closed.
Our New Canadian Overlords 19 35.19%
East Hartford FC 0 0%
Better World Cup Odds Than the USMNT 3 5.56%
28-3 4 7.41%
gently caress Anthony Precourt 9 16.67%
Our DV8 Doesn't Have a Brass Pole in It 5 9.26%
We're Not Repeating, Don't Vote for Us 5 9.26%
That Other...OTHER Canadian Team 2 3.70%
Only Palatable with Vodka 3 5.56%
Rock You Like a Hurrica...nevermind 3 5.56%
We Have the *Best* Luck in Away Knockout Games 0 0%
gently caress Chris Wondolowski for Belgium 1 1.85%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

its not really a big deal but it seems weird that fox has the current dynamo local tv commentator and a former dynamo player who is a Houston fan calling the dynamo vs portland match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

And yet they sound like timbers fans

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

So which is it Beasley? Head or shoulder?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Knees? Perhaps toes?

Also, yes PK

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
lol no PK

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Correct call, I think. So many more PKs would be awarded if that was a bad tackle.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Nah really?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
welp no one gets pks

Seriously, though, both of those were about an inch away from being obvious PKs.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I'm loving these super sketchy penalty box tackles

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
RIP Timbers playoff hopes.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I am disappointed in myself for watching another game taking place on this pitch.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Another barnburner first leg, i see

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Blehhhhst, part 2.

Houston's strategy of "let our pitch injure as many Timbers as possible so maybe we can win away" seems as unlikely to succeed as Robbo's plan against Seattle.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Exhibits 1A and 1B as to why we should go single-leg throughout are these two West games.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i basically get the reasons why but houston's playoff attendance has been extremely bad

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

DR AIDS posted:

Giovinco is one of the best free kick takers in the world imo

The statistics agree.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/08/30/giovinco-isnt-just-mls-free-kick-king-he-might-be-worlds

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Dallan Invictus posted:

Blehhhhst, part 2.

Houston's strategy of "let our pitch injure as many Timbers as possible so maybe we can win away" seems as unlikely to succeed as Robbo's plan against Seattle.

I know you're being cheeky, but since it's getting so much press right now, I'd like to see Dynamo's injury rate at home vs other teams at home, especially those who use Field Turf. I'll bet we're middle of the pack.

G-Hawk posted:

i basically get the reasons why but houston's playoff attendance has been extremely bad

It would be nice to have a home playoff game on a weekend at some point. Also, if we do manage to get past Portland, our next (and final) home playoff game? Tuesday, November 21st :|

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Beauty game last night, looking forward to burying NYRB in the first half Sunday.

also

Azerban posted:

seems sarcastic but we're a beautiful city full of wonderful people

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hungryjack posted:

I know you're being cheeky, but since it's getting so much press right now, I'd like to see Dynamo's injury rate at home vs other teams at home, especially those who use Field Turf. I'll bet we're middle of the pack.

I'll quote the Escape Goat instead of just plagiarizing her work (this is just for our turf).

https://twitter.com/stephonova/status/925427609806049280

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Eh, I was going to say some stuff, but the fact of the matter is that it's all anecdotal. I don't even know how one could easily gather evidence on this. The only recent injury on the field I can think of that was 100% not caused by player-to-player contact was AJ's acl injury. Injury stats I'm seeing don't specify contact.

Because, hell, if I'm wrong and our field is unsafe then I want a better field too!

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Hungryjack posted:

Eh, I was going to say some stuff, but the fact of the matter is that it's all anecdotal. I don't even know how one could easily gather evidence on this. The only recent injury on the field I can think of that was 100% not caused by player-to-player contact was AJ's acl injury. Injury stats I'm seeing don't specify contact.

Because, hell, if I'm wrong and our field is unsafe then I want a better field too!

How about wanting a new field cause the current one looks like trash?

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I couldn't give a gently caress how a pitch looks*, just how it plays.

* - I reserve the right to mock football lines at the Clink.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

highme posted:

I couldn't give a gently caress how a pitch looks*, just how it plays.

* - I reserve the right to mock football lines at the Clink.

The best part about the lines on the field in Seattle are the people who only watch the Seahawks bitching about the lines

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Crew look pretty shaky in possession in their own third.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Well that happened

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Don't mess with Texas

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Twellman seems like he is going to be pretty bad on commentary tonight.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

new york teams gently caress off

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

gtkor posted:

Twellman seems like he is going to be pretty bad on commentary tonight.

More like save the playoffs, amirite?!

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

He had all day to come up with that, and still went with it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

NYC seem like they want a repeat of last year's playoffs.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

:thunk:

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Thought they had a second Higuain in yellow picture saved, but they didnt.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

They would've gotten one, but he's only played a scant 149 games for the Crew. Hardly any opportunity.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

The secret to this game is to just let the other team pass the ball around, they will create chances for you.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Crew got robbed there

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

A+ miss there

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Lmao at this and that missed sitter