Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Holy poo poo is the Striker Titan shoulder charge useless in PvP. A direct hit with that thing does like 2/3 damage to just their shields and the animation cooldown just means you’re gonna get shot in the face afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

Holy poo poo is the Striker Titan shoulder charge useless in PvP. A direct hit with that thing does like 2/3 damage to just their shields and the animation cooldown just means you’re gonna get shot in the face afterwards.

All charged abilities are 100% poo poo in crucible. This is how Bungie forces us to use our guns (read: everyone hides and plinks with MIDA).

Though now that people have played with all the guns, Uriel's is the actual top meta gun to be using.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

That's the price of having two grenades, apparently.

Also, what stuff is account level?

Lord Sexatron
Aug 1, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah I figured as a Titan my melee poo poo would hit the hardest but it's bullshit in pvp. At least 3 punches to kill someone and multiple times I've been one shot from full health/shields and they weren't even using a power weapon.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Donnerberg posted:

Lore is hard.

I'm 6 days in and only now realized that Fallen and Taken are two different factions. I kept forgetting there were two verb based names and thought it was always just the one when I heard the one.

Have you heard about the Hidden?!

Also there's one gun called the Rattler and the flavor text is "you won't hear me coming" and then there's one called Death Adder and the text is "you won't see me coming".

Genius level writing there, apparently snakes are stealthy.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Also, what stuff is account level?

I believe it’s everything in your Inventory screen and clan progression but I could be wrong.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

:ducksiren: CLAN AND COMMUNICATION/GROUPING STUFF TO PRINT AND HANG ON YOUR FRIDGE :ducksiren:

Sorry if this isn’t my place but I’ll try to summarize what you all should be doing for grouping and clanning on the PC:

1) There are 3 discords you should join. And it doesn’t really matter what clan you’re in as the 100 person limit screws everything up. We are all friends here. Yes, even that guy you hate and hates you back is your friend. Go to the OP and join the main discord (destiny goons), Serious Overchill if you want to play with those guys (Serious Overchill) and HOTDOG (SA Professional Elite Gamers...I lead the discord and you’re all welcome to join. It’s the Density 2 Channel). For all these channels, it goes without saying, be nice and be cool. Don’t be a dick in either of these 3 channels. We just want to play video games and shoot the poo poo amongst friends.

2) Clans: Here’s how they stand as I gather from reading this thread front to back:

HOTDOG-related clans (5): They’re all full.

Overchill (4) 3 are full. 1 is open with 73 spots remaining. It’s called GUARDIANS OF CHILLBEAR: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2803613

KINK: They made a PC clan. Its called Shaxx Fith Ave. It’s open with 58 spots open. https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=2756378

DAB crew: It’s a new PC clan that is probably run by a cool person. You’ll have fun. https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=2751145

MI Heroes: It’s run by my friend cbx. And he is super cool. It has a lot of spots open. Help him get it off the ground: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=2744238

Goon Tang Clan: It’s the Euro clan and it’s got spots for you! https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2849069 and they’re throwing their discord out there too: https://discord.gg/dTk7yxW

Goon Admirals Yachtclub: 62 and counting! Get in here for a real good time. https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Index?groupId=2731619

That’s where everybody who needs a clan should be going. Bookmark this. Sticky this. Print it and post it on your bed frame. PM me if you have questions. It’s a lifestyle, BABAY!!

The Fallen Solution was also excluded:
Feel free to join us for poo poo posting memes in discord and/or getting autstic about destiny lore, or if you just want chill people to do public events with while you drink heavily. There's plenty of room.
B.net Link Discord

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Lord Sexatron posted:

Yeah I figured as a Titan my melee poo poo would hit the hardest but it's bullshit in pvp. At least 3 punches to kill someone and multiple times I've been one shot from full health/shields and they weren't even using a power weapon.

They nerfed melee damage too hard in Destiny 2 and no one's really sure why. No one was complaining about it in D1 except maybe about the range on the Stormcaller Thunderstrike. I mean, people were complaining about Shoulder Charge specifically because it was a 1HKO, but they should've just nerfed that slightly and left the rest of the punches alone.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

qbert posted:

They nerfed melee damage too hard in Destiny 2 and no one's really sure why. No one was complaining about it in D1 except maybe about the range on the Stormcaller Thunderstrike. I mean, people were complaining about Shoulder Charge specifically because it was a 1HKO, but they should've just nerfed that slightly and left the rest of the punches alone.

Except the Warlock Melee... Remember as a Titan your lore may be that you are the biggest, baddest, punchiest, macho-manliest fucker of a guardian... but a pissant space wizard with "vampiric" melee (not even on a cooldown) will beat the everliving snot out of you in a 1v1 punching contest.

gently caress that poo poo.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
I will however say though:

Synthoceps on my Titan with Code of the Juggernaut spec feels dirty in PVP. That's actually the only way to feel like a Titan should feel. You can and will One-Punch-Man someone if your shits are off cooldown.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
If you're gonna PVP as a Titan, the SYNTHOCEPS arms are pretty much mandatory.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I dunno, War Rig + Uriel’s is a god tier loadout

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

the good fax machine posted:

I dunno, War Rig + Uriel’s is a god tier loadout

While your team is reloading, I'm still firing that first mag. War Rig / Uriel is so drat good.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
So you guys get to do the Raid today, eh?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i wanna do the raid, but im not feeling hunter. gonna level a titan instead. be a week behind the curve but meh, its fun shootin mans.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Level everything. It is the true path to enlightenment.

I'll probably make either a Warlock or Titan once I hit 20 and do some endgame stuff for a bit on my Hunter. I'm enjoying the hell out of Arcstrider though, there's something immensely satisfying about cartwheeling around and kidney punching everything in the immediate area. :unsmigghh:

Still really excited to get to Nightstalker though because I am always a sucker for cool archery poo poo.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

queeb posted:

i wanna do the raid, but im not feeling hunter. gonna level a titan instead. be a week behind the curve but meh, its fun shootin mans.

leveling a second character is very fast if you get somebody to help you do the story missions (they are really boring alone)

the raid with a titan is good, you get striker that do a lot of damage, pulse grenades very good in many parts, the way the titan jump is fantastic for the raid

warlock also good, heal area useful in a few places, super good to clean trash mobs in a few places

hunter have the void super for crown control, so is always a wellcome adition to any raid group, but yea, maybe it can be harder if you don't feel it

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Man this game is pretty on PC.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i played a competitive pvp match with some friends last night and it was a lot of fun

it was survival and we ended up winning 4 to 3

they had one guy who was getting golden gun insanely quickly and each of their 3 wins was because of him

our last round we killed them without losing a life. the last 2 people one of our guys chased around with a sword before killing and we were all having lots of fun

wel lthats my story

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Orpheus rig nightstalker feels extremely broken in certain situations. Like its great, I love it, but knowing nothing about how Bungie handle balancing will this be allowed to exist for the foreseeable future? I guess its been around a while on consoles so they must be fine with it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SpookyLizard posted:

The Taken are actually neat enemies, because they're all remixes of the normal guys, because Oryx, the big ugly three eyed hive god you killed in the Kingsfall Raid basically reshaped all of them using his will alone. Which is why they all have special abilities, most of which are twists that are gameplay twists and frequently fit the lore too.

Yeah... but they look really ugly and they were obviously a stop-gap solution to not being able to do new models / animations.

I kinda wish they didn't come back in D2.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 31, 2017

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

MMF Freeway posted:

Orpheus rig nightstalker feels extremely broken in certain situations. Like its great, I love it, but knowing nothing about how Bungie handle balancing will this be allowed to exist for the foreseeable future? I guess its been around a while on consoles so they must be fine with it.

It's probably fine for now since Nightstalkers in PvP are so less common than Gunslingers for hunters.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Yodzilla posted:

Animations for lots of things are too long. Getting shot while you're popping your super is the worst feeling on the loving planet.

Donnerberg posted:

Lore is hard.

I'm 6 days in and only now realized that Fallen and Taken are two different factions. I kept forgetting there were two verb based names and thought it was always just the one when I heard the one.

Its weird the campaign story seems to assume you didn't play D1 but also doesn't explain any of the poo poo that happened in D1 very well.

Fallen = Covenant
Hive = Flood
Vex = Robits
Cabal = Space Marine Gorillas

Taken = weird alternate versions of all the above because making new models is expensive

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 31, 2017

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
If your super has an animation before you can do anything, you should probably not being activating it out in the open.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If your super has an animation before you can do anything, you should probably not being activating it out in the open.

Right so you run behind cover and activate it and then by the time you come out from cover the enemy is already dead so you wasted the whole thing.

Basically it means getting to actually get a string of kills with your super comes down to timing based on blind luck.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/5mrStUb.gifv

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Predator reference hell yeah

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Getting more kills with your Super is actually just a function of PvP being too small to have enough viable targets. Once people see it happen and scatter of course you're not gonna get a chain of kills unless it's Golden Gun.

Yodzilla posted:

On the other hand running around corners one shotting people with the shoulder charge while super fun is also super lame to be on the receiving end of. But yeah, double grenades are amazing for in PvP as well as PvE so it's an overall win in the end.

Zaphod42 posted:

Fallen = Covenant
Hive = Flood
Vex = Robits
Cabal = Space Marine Gorillas

Taken = weird alternate versions of all the above because making new models is expensive

Fallen are the Covenant and Cabal are the Covenant after the Brutes took over.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

lmao at people that pop their gg super right up next to people. like, that's the whole point, you get 3 1hkos from a distance, that is why you don't get any extra armor for your super.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i play devour warlock and I pop my nova probably MOST often on someone who just popped their super so they can't use it

its probably not the best move or the right move most of the time, but its fun as hell and it makes me feel cool when I do it

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The scattering roaches problem is a real issue in crucible, everyone gets a broadcast when you pop a super and the maps have a million different routes so it's easy to flee the threat.

The only roaming super that really shines in crucible is stormcaller because it covers a huge chunk of territory in front of you and you get a pretty good amount of time to cruise around the map hunting for people trying to flee.

Basically I think Bungie should experiment with certain supers either having no spinup animation, or "stealth" perks that let you activate without alerting everyone.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

DrNutt posted:

lmao at people that pop their gg super right up next to people. like, that's the whole point, you get 3 1hkos from a distance, that is why you don't get any extra armor for your super.

Probably out of ammo, panicked and didn't want to trade melee deaths cause they were both at red HP. Still the bad call though (you just punch them anyway and take the death).

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

xzzy posted:

The only roaming super that really shines in crucible is stormcaller because it covers a huge chunk of territory in front of you and you get a pretty good amount of time to cruise around the map hunting for people trying to flee.

:hawaaaafap:

Oh my god I never even thought of that.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Field Mousepad posted:

:hawaaaafap:

Oh my god I never even thought of that.

Eh it's incredibly easy for even just two enemies to teamshoot you down in D2. It's nowhere near as glorious as it once was.

DXH
Dec 8, 2003

Ne Cede Malis
Hello thread, just chiming in to say that it feels good to be killing aliens in a Bungie game again (haven't had a console in two generations, living abroad and changing places frequently precludes having a console + a decent TV). Playing a striker Titan is the bee's knees, I really like that the classes in this game don't restrict you on weapons you can use like in other MMOs. I'm up to 250 LL and I've stopped giving a drat about min-maxing bullshit because if I wanted to do that I could just boot up WoW or Wildstar or whatever hardcore gamers use to beat their testicles for epeen points.

I've been playing crucible, and while I'm sad I never got the Destiny 1 PVP experience, I'm still having fun running around and donking people with my shoulder charge of lightning justice. Public quests are getting a bit stale but I still have a backlog of all the adventures to go through while I dick around getting milestones. For all the salt I see regarding this game, there's still fun to be had for filthy casuals who have active social lives because the time commitment to complete dailies or milestones or whatever is miniscule compared to other more traditional MMOs.

Having read the Wildstar threads over the years, I'm seeing some parallels between some posters on Reddit and the grognards who still play that travesty of a timesink. Rampant entitlement, crying about pet issues, and general hostility to people who have never played this series actually daring to have fun for any amount of time. Anyway, those are my two cents as a long time Bungie fan for the past 20 years or so, thanks for reading.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That's why Stormtrance owns. One of the fields zaps anyone in front of you when cast it and then you can murder people as they flee.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
so did the weekly reset fix the clan roster issue?

ReebTop
May 17, 2003
Just requested for Shaxx Fifth Avenue. Here's to hoping one day they add chat in game because I like talking to goons.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
re: 'raid activity'

Apparently Bungie called it 'raid activity' before when they were talking about Taken King and Rise of Iron pre-release. Those both came with fully fledged raids.

I very much doubt they meant 'more things to do in the Leviathan in an otherwise wholly Vex-related expansion'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

MMF Freeway posted:

I can see them putting a cap on how much super you get back, or taking super energy out all together. The description doesn't mention refilling super meter. Those pants sat in my vault for over a week before I randomly saw a youtube guy showoff what they did.

It's a pretty worthless exotic in pvp. I'm pretty sure you'd need to tether an entire enemy team to get even half of your super back...

• Locked thread