Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Frankston posted:

Speaking of cascade kingdom (post game spoiler)

I see on the map the X to show a moon is at both ends of the powerline next to the Odyssey but for the life of me I don't know how to get them. I've climbed to the top, ground pounded all around, I can't see any moons hovering above them. Without telling me what to do, are there actually moons to be had or is my map bugged?

I might talk to the parrot dude and see if the name gives any clues.

If you haven't figured this out yet...

The one at the top of the level: You have to destroy the piece of bone next to the pole with a chain chomp

The one next to the Odyssey: You have to walk the dinosaur over there and destroy the pole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Well I just hosed up in Wooded Kingdom. I’m at 99/100 coins :suicide:
Good news, Wedding Bowser amiibo is only $13 on Amazon :retrogames:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Good news, Wedding Bowser amiibo is only $13 on Amazon :retrogames:

Does it show you where the purple coins are?

So where's the best area to farm regular coins because this 9999 costume ain't buying itself.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Is there a moon in Cap Kingdom for lighting all the lamps? I noticed that the game was tracking their state so I assume so. There's a lot of them though, I thought I had them all but nothing happened. Also Toad is pointing me to a Moon in that area, I'm not sure if it's hidden or what (is it under the town, and only accessible with a Winged Goomba?)

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

So where's the best area to farm regular coins because this 9999 costume ain't buying itself.

Yes, it will highlight the nearest unclaimed purple.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

s.i.r.e. posted:

I believe every Bowser amiibo does.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I can't believe that whole ending sequence to the story, that was amazing and Nintendo slayed me with first, the realization that I had to control Bowser to escape, then having a buttrock track for the final sequence controlling Bowser like it was a Sonic game, I almost died because I was laughing so hard

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

Is there a moon in Cap Kingdom for lighting all the lamps? I noticed that the game was tracking their state so I assume so. There's a lot of them though, I thought I had them all but nothing happened. Also Toad is pointing me to a Moon in that area, I'm not sure if it's hidden or what (is it under the town, and only accessible with a Winged Goomba?)

In regards to the Toad hint: look up

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Manoueverable posted:

I can't believe that whole ending sequence to the story, that was amazing and Nintendo slayed me with first, the realization that I had to control Bowser to escape, then having a buttrock track for the final sequence controlling Bowser like it was a Sonic game, I almost died because I was laughing so hard

It was buttpop

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

https://www.speedrun.com/smo

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nephzinho posted:

Yes, it will highlight the nearest unclaimed purple.

Awesome, now I won't drive myself insane on that last couple coins I seem to be missing in most levels. Will it tell you that they're in another area accessed via a pipe or anything?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

Awesome, now I won't drive myself insane on that last couple coins I seem to be missing in most levels. Will it tell you that they're in another area accessed via a pipe or anything?

Good question! I can test that later or tomorrow, but I imagine it'll point you to the door of the challenge room or whatever.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Argue posted:

Considering that everything in New Donk City (including the city itself) is named after Donkey Kong, his family must have been extremely influential. Do you guys then suppose that his kidnapping of Pauline was politically motivated?

That's the narrative the MSM would like you to believe. What if I told you Pauline's handlers bribed Mr. Kong into the kidnapping scenario so she could play the victim card and waltz into office in a landslide? Questions only lead to more questions in the labyrinth of New Donk.

I like to think Mario affected New Donkers for life when he opened those manhole covers. "Yeah right, you sound high as a kite."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Also, speaking of amiibo, I'm unreasonably glad that there's a replica of Bowser's top hat in the shop eventually. It's only peripherally related, but still.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a post-game puzzle.

It's on Dark Side.

I need to get up there to get up there to get the three berries I need to eat as Yoshi for the 2nd Power Moon. Does anyone know how to get up there?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

TFRazorsaw posted:

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a post-game puzzle.

It's on Dark Side.

I need to get up there to get up there to get the three berries I need to eat as Yoshi for the 2nd Power Moon. Does anyone know how to get up there?

There’s an invisible block near the door.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

thanks

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DalaranJ posted:

Wow I didn't realize that. You can also Just use yoshi's tongue to grab onto the wall after a flip and flutter jump and it'll flip you right up there.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I was using his tongue grab but it wasn't giving me enough height.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

did anyone notice the coins on the Moon are Star Bits?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nephzinho posted:

Good question! I can test that later or tomorrow, but I imagine it'll point you to the door of the challenge room or whatever.

I'll test it out, hopefully it works. I guess going to each pipe/sectioned off area wouldn't be too bad anyway.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

TFRazorsaw posted:

did anyone notice the coins on the Moon are Star Bits?

And the broodals explode into starbits too

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

Is there a moon in Cap Kingdom for lighting all the lamps? I noticed that the game was tracking their state so I assume so. There's a lot of them though, I thought I had them all but nothing happened.

No

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

can anyone give me a hint about this post-game moon i can't find?

its in the pipe in ruined kingdom, where there's a charging chuck in a cage and infinitely spawning mummies. i got the obvious moon in here but i absolutely cannot figure out where the second one is. sadly there doesn't seem to be a talkatoo in this stage so i have nothing to work with

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Kaubocks posted:

its in the pipe in ruined kingdom, where there's a charging chuck in a cage and infinitely spawning mummies. i got the obvious moon in here but i absolutely cannot figure out where the second one is. sadly there doesn't seem to be a talkatoo in this stage so i have nothing to work with

the last mummy you need to run over is in the starting area up top.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Kaubocks posted:

I had to look this one up even though I almost figured it out myself

capture the chuck, break the blocks under the entrance. This will cause some mummy dudes to spawn on the entrance platform. One of them sparkles cause he has a moon inside him

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/botwzelink/status/925031188758020096

hell, same

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

thanks guys, i'll go grab that moon next time i'm in the area!

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

DalaranJ posted:

I literally invented new jump physics to get up there. I feel like an idiot

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you're ever unsure, do a ground-pound. It reveals Invisible Blocks for a few seconds.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you're ever unsure, do a ground-pound. It reveals Invisible Blocks for a few seconds.

WHAT. :stare:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Neddy Seagoon posted:

See, this is the kind of poo poo that makes me ok with the level of tutorials in this game. There is so much stuff hidden in the cracks to discover!

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I think the biggest hit to my nostalgia with this game is the that you can't ride Yoshi, you can only possess Yoshi.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Yeah, I found that one out because it also reveals invisible coins (which I found out by accident) so I went out of my way to test whether it also revealed a block that I knew was present.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I need a post game moon hint as well

What's with all the "Sphynx in [location]" moons? They all appear over the binoculars according to Toad's hints but I tried looking for him through the binoculars with no luck. I believe I've done all the quizzes but I could be wrong

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Yup, coins too, pretty sweet.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

g0lbez posted:

I need a post game moon hint as well

What's with all the "Sphynx in [location]" moons? They all appear over the binoculars according to Toad's hints but I tried looking for him through the binoculars with no luck. I believe I've done all the quizzes but I could be wrong
How many moons did you get per? There's a correct answer here. That's all I can think of.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the "ground-pound reveals invisible things" was in 3D world and i think some of the new super mario games too?

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

DACK FAYDEN posted:

How many moons did you get per? There's a correct answer here. That's all I can think of.

According to the "achievement list" I got 4 so far from him

edit: do I just need to find him in the other kingdoms and answer his quizzes there first? Are there any kingdoms he's not in?

g0lbez fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

alf_pogs posted:

the "ground-pound reveals invisible things" was in 3D world and i think some of the new super mario games too?

Yup.

• Locked thread