Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Oh I like this one a lot! Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Thundarr posted:

Yoship why would you do maintenance during US prime time on a Tuesday night instead of a Monday night.

...Oh drat, I was figuring last night was maintenance so I could get on today and get my challenge log bonus for the last nine or so Yokai medals I need. Guess I'll need to run and do that when I get off work.

Kaebora
Jul 12, 2006

Be careful of forgetfulness. Your lucky color is...blue?

BrightWing posted:

Just a heads up, I went to read some of this just now and it's been blocked by Google for some reason.

Apparently there's some kind of bug going around blocking random google drive documents.

Also, I just want to say that summoner's just kind of stupid right now. I shouldn't be able to practice the opener a few dozen times since Thursday and then go and equal-or-beat the damage I do on Black Mage, which I've spent the majority of my raid time on. I thought folks were kind of exaggerating Summoner's position right now but, nope.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm glad about that because Black Mage is and always will be an utter chore to play

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Thundarr posted:

Yoship why would you do maintenance during US prime time on a Tuesday night instead of a Monday night.

Because everyone's gonna be out trick or treating

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Luna Was Here posted:

Because everyone's gonna be out trick or treating

What kind of weirdo goes out trick or treating instead of doing their weeklies.

:smith:

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know about Monk but Ninja is so loving fun. I honestly can't enjoy any of the other melee DPs classes because it feels like I'm moving through molasses playing them in comparison. Plus Mudra has some of the most satisfying sound in the game.

how do you live w/ yourself knowing you say the job w/ tcj is fun...

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

How do you weave two skills in one GCD?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Step 1: Move to Japan....

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
if your ping is decent, just be very quick with your fingers; start hitting one button right after your GCD skill goes off, and then as soon as it executes hit the second button. it will take a little practice.

if you find yourself clipping no matter what, then your ping may be too bad to double weave. Try mudfish or moving closer to the server. or just single-weave, it's usually not that big a deal.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
And if you're playing Monk or Ninja, don't even try (outside of Riddle of Fire).

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

At least as a DRG you can't double weave some of your ogcd's anyway because of the length of the animations. You can double weave Geir, and Mirage Dive easily enough. B4B and Littany as well. For some reason I clip my GCD most of the time going Geir into Nastrond and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Bolow posted:

At least as a DRG you can't double weave some of your ogcd's anyway because of the length of the animations. You can double weave Geir, and Mirage Dive easily enough. B4B and Littany as well. For some reason I clip my GCD most of the time going Geir into Nastrond and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

There's a delay associated with the action switching over; this is why you M+G ->GCD ->N

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I've found you can weave a mirage dive and a jump in a gcd but you have to hit mirage dive first.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Can someone clear something up for me?

I am working on getting "The Veil of Wiyu Atma", but I can't seem to get the scholar version (or any other relic weapon) going. Do I need to complete that weapon before I can go back and get the other relic weapons?

I am kind of not as interested in SMN and would rather get relic weapons for other classes (but I don't want to throw away what progress I've made on this one).

Is there a way to pick up multiple quests for this?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You can stack enough spell/skill speed that you can’t double weave.

This means that to be 100% optimal BLM and SMN/RDM want opposite gear.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is there a way to pick up multiple quests for this?

Can only have one version of that quest active at a time. Finish a relic reborn and then you can work on the next one. Works the same with the anima weapons.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Brainamp posted:

Can only have one version of that quest active at a time. Finish a relic reborn and then you can work on the next one. Works the same with the anima weapons.

But I finished that quest, and he wants me to complete my Atma weapon. I'm not sure what to do next...

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

GreenBuckanneer posted:

But I finished that quest, and he wants me to complete my Atma weapon. I'm not sure what to do next...

Are you sure you don't have another copy of the quest running for a different class? I've done that once or twice.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
80ms or so ping is what you need. I can double weave from the East coast but just barely and definitely not mudras.

You could also pay for those ping services, some of them seem good but it's variable.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Brainamp posted:

I think after you go through the Atma quest the first time you never actually get another Atma quest again. I think that might apply for every quest from Jalzahn as well once they're completed the first time

EDIT

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You need to do fates in certain ARR zones to get Atma's, 12 in total.

Bolow fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 31, 2017

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Just go gather the needed atma again and take the zenith weapon of choice to old dude.

Note, the kettle quest gets in the way so accept it if it's offered then talk to him again to get the usual options.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

BrightWing posted:

Just go gather the needed atma again and take the zenith weapon of choice to old dude.

Note, the kettle quest gets in the way so accept it if it's offered then talk to him again to get the usual options.

So Effectively, I am skipping the Relic quest and going right into the Zodiac questline for each other weapon?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Amatsu rewarding FFXI event is returning apparently.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Well worth chain queueing Skalla 41 times. As an added bonus I have complete sets for 2 other classes and 3/5 or 4/5 pieces for everything else :shepface:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That collar makes me irrationally angry.

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

i genuinely love the high collars on the skalla sets

The hats are cute too

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Simulacra posted:

i genuinely love the high collars on the skalla sets

The hats are cute too

:yeah:

Their vaguely military feel looks good with the At Ease emote too, especially for the ranged dps set.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
So i've been playing this game for a little over a month now and am looking at getting into the static game. What kind of ilvl do I need for a static to even look at me? Right now I'm just trying to compile a set of gear from Rabanastre, tomes and maybe the odd crafted item. OS1-4 doesn't seem realistically doable through the duty finder, especially going into it mostly blind (outside of reading guides and watching videos).

I want to focus on healing and have AST and SCH already at 70 and around 315 ilvl. WHM should be done around the end of the weekend. I've also got PLD at 70, BRD at 70 and WAR almost to 70.

Any recommendations on how to get into a static and what I should be doing now before I get into one? I just signed up on catgirl bargains and will check that out later.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So Effectively, I am skipping the Relic quest and going right into the Zodiac questline for each other weapon?

You still have to do the initial relic quest to get the arr relic you want, and upgrade it to zenith. You DON'T need any sorry of specific quest to upgrade it to atma from there, just the atma drops themselves.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

After however many Skalla runs I still only have the striking hat and lederhosen. I can't really bear to spam it though especially since Fist is the only ex dungeon I actually have the extra drops from.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Thundarr posted:

After however many Skalla runs I still only have the striking hat and lederhosen. I can't really bear to spam it though especially since Fist is the only ex dungeon I actually have the extra drops from.

If they're gonna tie an entire custom armor set to a single dungeon again, I really hope they're willing to have the dungeon drop 2 pieces per boss instead of 1. 14 pieces of loot with unique looks all is far, far too many to put on a single boss.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Fister Roboto posted:

That collar makes me irrationally angry.

The battle chef uniforms own and I see nothing wrong with that collar because I play as an Elezen. Dye everything white, macro all of your stuff to Gordon Ramsay quotes.

ShowTime posted:

So i've been playing this game for a little over a month now and am looking at getting into the static game. What kind of ilvl do I need for a static to even look at me? Right now I'm just trying to compile a set of gear from Rabanastre, tomes and maybe the odd crafted item. OS1-4 doesn't seem realistically doable through the duty finder, especially going into it mostly blind (outside of reading guides and watching videos).

I want to focus on healing and have AST and SCH already at 70 and around 315 ilvl. WHM should be done around the end of the weekend. I've also got PLD at 70, BRD at 70 and WAR almost to 70.

Any recommendations on how to get into a static and what I should be doing now before I get into one? I just signed up on catgirl bargains and will check that out later.

hello my group for bads and newbs needs two more healers (or one healer and one DPS if I swap SMN for AST) to get rolling. Though I'd suggest springing for the i320 crafted weapon and shoving the materia the game rains on you into everything.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Do you have to actually be of level to do gathering leves? I'm at level 39 with miner and went off to Whitebrim to start doing the level 40 quests and it's not showing anything there? Do i have to run back to observatory now? :sigh:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The Amatsu rewarding FFXI event is returning apparently.

Does that mean Shantotto's coming back?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Do you have to actually be of level to do gathering leves? I'm at level 39 with miner and went off to Whitebrim to start doing the level 40 quests and it's not showing anything there? Do i have to run back to observatory now? :sigh:

yep

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I finally entered the wonderful world of gardening this morning and started my first crossbreeding project! I'm going to try to build up a supply of Glazenut seeds, then start looping those, and eventually work up to Thav Onions. I have plenty of fertilizer and I got Garland Bell up for the soil/seeds I need to gather.

Too bad small houses can only have 1 plot. Oh well, if there's any extra seeds I don't want to use to crossbreed, I guess I'll put them in pots in the house to help things go faster.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bell_ posted:

Does that mean Shantotto's coming back?

I wasn't subbed for either FFXI event the first time but I don't believe she shows up in this upcoming one.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Asimo posted:

What? Last I checked RDM was being played pretty heavily, it was just mediocre/mid-tier in DPS.

MCH is definitely the least played job by far though and will probably continue to be as long as wildfire exists in its current incarnation.

This is forever late but I'm sick so i don't care. I meant in that sentence that both redmage and bard were at the top of the popularity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ShowTime posted:

What makes you think 01-04 aren’t duty finder able? The only one I’ve ever wiped to is 04 with entirely random pugs. Just queue, they barely have mechanics.

Savage on the other hand you want competent groups for.