Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Oh my god the principal :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Twice

Bro

you are well over 20

and she is a g-damned teenager

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i don't think he cares about her dude

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

he tried to get her to make out with him in a chapter a few weeks ago, and now this

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i very much want to read the au where the VA trio are deku's classmates

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Comes off to me like an excuse to draw that Joker/Harley cover.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TFRazorsaw posted:

he tried to get her to make out with him in a chapter a few weeks ago, and now this

No he said go on a date with me then called her a devil. As he contradicts himself.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

No he said go on a date with me then called her a devil. As he contradicts himself.

lol @ this guy who wouldn't date a devil

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ah. I need to stop reading the fan translation first.

Stiiiiiill

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, it's definitely A Little Weird. Everything surrounding Toga the Naked Yandere Teenager is, though.

Jim Dwyer
Mar 29, 2014

TFRazorsaw posted:

Twice

Bro

you are well over 20

That's what makes him a True Villain

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
only villains do this

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Poor, sweet, not-that-interesting Dabi.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

PMush Perfect posted:

Yeah, it's definitely A Little Weird. Everything surrounding Toga the Naked Yandere Teenager is, though.

True

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Poltergrift posted:

Poor, sweet, not-that-interesting Dabi.

Somewhere along the way I went from considering Dabi a central VA member with Toga and Shigaraki to him coming off about as important as Compress, maybe less. And i'm cool with it tbh.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Compress is very important because he has the best character design out of anyone in the VA.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

TFRazorsaw posted:

Twice

Bro

you are well over 20

Twice has brain problems, be nice.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

Compress is very important because he has the best character design out of anyone in the VA.

I like him a lot.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

If Uraraka looses a finger does that mean she can't turn off her power?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dabi will be a big deal when he's revealed to be a failed Endavour son

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Brother Entropy posted:

lol @ this guy who wouldn't date a devil

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aurora posted:

i don't think he cares about her dude

Yep.
Also, never assume someone's age in a manga.
Or their gender for that matter.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Somewhere along the way I went from considering Dabi a central VA member with Toga and Shigaraki to him coming off about as important as Compress, maybe less. And i'm cool with it tbh.

Dabi and Compress are at least cool and good and interesting. Spinner's just, like, there.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Spinner is a Ninja Turtle who wields a sword made of knives taped together who acts like a loony fanboy of serial killers

and you say he's not interesting

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's no longer the 90's and we already had Stain, so yes he's not interesting

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don't understand young people anymore.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TFRazorsaw posted:

I don't understand young people anymore.
Give him a fidget spinner made of knives. That's what the kids really want these days.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Say whatever you will about this arc, every time I see something like this I can't think of anything but how talented of an artist Horikoshi is.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

PMush Perfect posted:

Give him a fidget spinner made of knives. That's what the kids really want these days.

I mean, Spinner's his name, so why not?

kidcoelacanth posted:

Say whatever you will about this arc, every time I see something like this I can't think of anything but how talented of an artist Horikoshi is.

I remember thinking this about Tite Kubo's characters pages before falling off of Bleach entirely.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Horikoshi put more details in Uraraka's shoes than he does in her fights heyoooooo

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

I remember thinking this about Tite Kubo's characters pages before falling off of Bleach entirely.
Hmm... I wish I could say something to be all Hirokoshi ain't like that, but Bleach was interesting up until the Arancar arc and this arc has been a little more rough than previous arcs.

I mean, it's also too early to say that it's either way, but I have faith in the mangaka.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Is Vigilantes 15 new to you? It's new to me.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

BOO-YAH CHRIS!

goddamn he's awful. I'm so glad Makoto at least is forcing him to be a bit less awful.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

SpacePig posted:

i'd say the difference here is that hirokoshi actually mixes his costume design into the story. no matter how interesting the fashion on the front page was, everybody in any chapter of bleach would be wearing either a plain black or a plain white robe

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Venuz Patrol posted:

i'd say the difference here is that hirokoshi actually mixes his costume design into the story. no matter how interesting the fashion on the front page was, everybody in any chapter of bleach would be wearing either a plain black or a plain white robe

This wasn't really true until after the SJ editing department forced Kubo to turn Bleach into a battle manga. His heart was really not in it, and it showed.

Early chapters of Bleach blew me away because the characters were constantly changing outfits. I didn't know that was possible in a shonen before that.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Kubo's character spreads were always cool. Shame the backgrounds all died around hueco mundo

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Vengarr posted:

This wasn't really true until after the SJ editing department forced Kubo to turn Bleach into a battle manga. His heart was really not in it, and it showed.

Early chapters of Bleach blew me away because the characters were constantly changing outfits. I didn't know that was possible in a shonen before that.

oh for sure, i thought we were only talking about Bad Bleach though

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

early bleach was great and I miss it

shame about the rest of it

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Venuz Patrol posted:

I mean if, like Venngar said, Kubo's hand was forced and his characters basically had to stay in their robes and poo poo for the sake of keeping it a battle manga, then that's not something I can blame him for. Kubo very obviously still cared about drawing good poo poo from what he did in his characters spreads, which were always pretty phenomenal. And Horikoshi very obviously still cares about his art as well, and seems to still care about the story to some extent. But if his heart isn't in it, or his hand is being forced to draw and write something he doesn't want to, then no amount of spectacular art will change that.

Manatee Cannon posted:

early bleach was great and I miss it

shame about the rest of it

Early Bleach was very good for a surprisingly long time, but some switch got flipped at the Soul Society arc that immediately turned it into a power levels manga, and it only got worse from there. I got to the beginning of the Vaizard/Arrancar stuff before dropping it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Mystic Mongol posted:

Is Vigilantes 15 new to you? It's new to me.

Dolphin Bank Robber just wants to save the environment for his people