Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I ended up not having to work tonight because nobody uses a pharmacy on Halloween.

Im kind of at a loss of what to do for the evening now. Finish watching Stranger Things I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

at least awful app finally got fixed in time for slack to die so I won't be completely bored all night

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

whats going in here

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
im the people responding to tweets about terrorist attacks with "a lot like tRUmp amirite"

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

kustomkarkommando posted:

whats going in here

suicidal ideation and sometimes birds

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm taking my civil service exam in a few days apparently I was suppose to take it two weeks ago but something about them.leaving a voicemail that was incredibly garbled so I thought it wasn't important

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm at work

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

kustomkarkommando posted:

whats going in here

Business as usual.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
What happened to the slack???

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
slack is wack

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

visceril posted:

What happened to the slack???

afaik all of slack went down

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/925519785244241920

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Paracaidas posted:

dadchat, works suck. Is it worth posting about Sanders' appearance on Meyer's last night (and the ugly posting that will ensue) or should I celebrate this halloween by working, drinking, and combining the two?

was there anything noteworthy about it apart from some people willfully misinterpreting what he said about "ordinary americans"?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Noooooooo!!!!

Also, they’re doong the ‘nice guy’ thing for Uzbekistan because they don’t know that they’re islamic and sorta kinda related to Chechnya/Dagestan Boston bomber land

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

was there anything noteworthy about it apart from some people willfully misinterpreting what he said about "ordinary americans"?

Paracaidas posted:

(the ugly posting that will ensue)

visceril posted:

Also, they’re doong the ‘nice guy’ thing for Uzbekistan because they don’t know that they’re islamic and sorta kinda related to Chechnya/Dagestan Boston bomber land
Study: Majority Of Americans Not Informed Enough To Stereotype Chechens

From back before reality stole their jobs posted:

WASHINGTON—Following FBI reports this morning that the suspects implicated in Monday’s Boston Marathon bombing are of Chechen descent, efforts to thoughtlessly stereotype the alleged terrorists were impeded by the majority of Americans’ lack of basic knowledge about Chechnya or the Chechen people, a new study has confirmed. “Our research shows that, while many Americans would like nothing more than to make sweeping, insensitive generalizations about these two individuals based purely on their ethnic identity, this process is largely impeded by the fact that 9 out of 10 Americans truly know next to nothing about Chechnya, including even the very barest details of what or where Chechnya is,” said lead researcher Dr. Tim Kinane, adding that a majority of American citizens are almost totally unaware of Chechen history and culture, how to locate Chechnya on a map, whether Chechnya is a country or a city or a region, or that a person from Chechnya is called a Chechen. “Clinical trials show that most individuals will make brief, fumbling attempts to stereotype Chechens based on what little they know about Russians, but eventually drop the subject entirely after running out of anything to say within seconds.” Kinane’s team was able to confirm, however, that once research subjects were told Chechnya is a predominantly Muslim region, they were “usually pretty good to go from there.”

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Politics 2017 the mayor is cooperating with the governor, news worthy of an article

https://twitter.com/gracerauh/status/925524527966248960

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

site posted:

Politics 2017 the mayor is cooperating with the governor, news worthy of an article

https://twitter.com/gracerauh/status/925524527966248960

Is the bar really that low in America these days?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
NYC is especially acrimonious for a variety of reasons I'm certain a local could explain better than I can.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

slack is back btw

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Later slacklords

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If someone built a large stone pyramid in Grozny, I think we can all agree it would be the Chechen Itzá.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
rip jastiger

now the forums have nobody to defend the honor of des moines, iowa

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rip jastiger

Iowa City is way better

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFPI9b9N6CQ

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S0HznBnrCE

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

rip jastiger

Des Moines, and also videotaping middle schoolers changing, and then jacking it to the video

jesus christ that dude sucked

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

cinci zoo sniper posted:

have you seen deadpool?

deadpool sucked imo

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Lurdiak posted:

Man I liked Kevin Spacey.

you should follow blind items. spacey's predation was an open hollywood secret for decades

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

al jourgenson is such a delightful goof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBGMW86u1Qk

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

Man I liked Kevin Spacey.

Lol he got outted as being part of Bryan singers pedo parties years ago

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not a big ministry fan TBH. They opened for Rammstein at open air and it was just terrible and neverending.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

site posted:

Lol he got outted as being part of Bryan singers pedo parties years ago

yep

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

stone cold posted:

Des Moines, and also videotaping middle schoolers changing, and then jacking it to the video

he's definitely a dedicated shithead

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Volkerball posted:

I'm not a big ministry fan TBH. They opened for Rammstein at open air and it was just terrible and neverending.

yeah they're not the best band ever and pretty much anything after the mid-90s isn't worth bothering with, but man did they wind up a long way from where they began

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxKEy8ReeNw

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

stone cold posted:

What’s this now

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

birthday adventure

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Dogs are so good