Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Those are better songs, but they aren't about a cute ghost that only the narrator can see and he wants to kiss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Aurora posted:

also nox must die

He's under my protection

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

VostokProgram posted:

He's under my protection

How could you betray me like this vostok?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
New phone background

Haaaa didn't notice the puush error the first time

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

do you want me to photoshop the watermarks out of it

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

homeless snail posted:

do you want me to photoshop the watermarks out of it
If i wanted i could scan one of my book covers in hd or something. Hell, i could probably just ... zoom in.
If you have the time and want to though, sure.

I just figured it was time to change after a friend said she assumed from the more Alpha-centric image that it was some kinda weird pervy thing.

She's not a cool friend.

E: the meaning of the first bit isn't to be mean, sorry. Just to show that it's not a huge deal.
Just re-ead it and it came off meaner than i wanted.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 31, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/syoya3/status/925329493484388352

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/itdoesnteggs/status/925452317633245192

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Good problematic 2hu ship

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

I'll show you problematic!!!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Just finished the first episode of Non Non Biyori and man was that charming. The art was beautiful, Renge playing the opening song (and messing up, holding notes too long, screwing up her embouchure, etc) were all super adorable. The teacher doing period music with a small xylophone because that's all they justify the cost of was pretty funny too. I should have started watching this way sooner.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qztch6_Uhuk

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nitrousoxide posted:

Just finished the first episode of Non Non Biyori and man was that charming. The art was beautiful, Renge playing the opening song (and messing up, holding notes too long, screwing up her embouchure, etc) were all super adorable. The teacher doing period music with a small xylophone because that's all they justify the cost of was pretty funny too. I should have started watching this way sooner.

Non Non Biyori is extremely good Iyashikei, hope you enjoy.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The final installment of Halloweenis 2017 begins in 10 minutes, you do NOT want to miss this one it might be the spookiest one yet
:spooky: https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchanime :spooky:

oh no the audio is broken on urban legend story hikiko... but my backup is still Relatively spooky

homeless snail fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 31, 2017

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I just finished Euphonium's second season. That was a lot of yuri-baiting.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/925505421611331584

Good picture choice.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Simulacra posted:

I'll show you problematic!!!

:ohdear:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

gosh the Cu figma is expensive

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Nitrousoxide posted:

Just finished the first episode of Non Non Biyori and man was that charming.

It only gets better! It's rare to find a show so funny and heartwarming at the same time. That rural setting is super nice too. Everyone should watch NNB.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

El Burbo posted:

There's a reason copper salvaging is a business.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Non Non Biyori? Why, it's boring :grin:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

gmq posted:

I just finished Euphonium's second season. That was a lot of yuri-baiting.

It is one of the best shows I've ever watched at yuri-baiting, which would be inexcusable but for the fact it's one of the best shows I've ever watched at everything else too.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Consistent, logical, and satisfying character dynamics are overrated

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It really is.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

El Burbo posted:

Get this one instead.

https://twitter.com/kuma_chin_/status/919842506124140547

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

It is one of the best shows I've ever watched at yuri-baiting, which would be inexcusable but for the fact it's one of the best shows I've ever watched at everything else too.

It really is.
Managed to make me care about a bunch of music nerds. :argh:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
If the hets in kyoani shows can be couples without ever kissing I think the gays can be without loving on screen or w/e

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

They don't need to kiss, but Reina could maybe at some point go "hmm, maybe loving my teacher isn't the best life goal" instead of ending the story doubling down on it being a great life goal.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i don't think that's what happens

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also kumiko/asuka is better

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

did someone turn to the camera in the back half of s2 and straight up say that (honestly asking bc i haven't finished)? because portrayal is not endorsement

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I never finished Eupho 2 this is just my broad reaction to talk of gay baiting

so grain of salt I guess

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

did someone turn to the camera in the back half of s2 and straight up say that (honestly asking bc i haven't finished)? because portrayal is not endorsement
no, and in fact there's an episode in the second half where Reina seems pretty self-deprecating about her crush on the teacher, and it's only ever portrayed as a crush and not something to build her entire life around. She's frustrated and annoyed by it and doesn't think the feelings will go away over night but there is literally no indication that it will ever be anything more than a crush, and Reina's line where she says she still feels that way about him is expressing the fact that she can't just get rid of those feelings even if they are ultimately fruitless.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

also I can't believe a character turns to the camera in the new star trek and says "science is loving awesome", and then sheldon slides in from the side of the screen like dan forden in mortal kombat except instead of toasty he says "bazinga"

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Spiritus Nox posted:

They don't need to kiss, but Reina could maybe at some point go "hmm, maybe loving my teacher isn't the best life goal" instead of ending the story doubling down on it being a great life goal.

I dunno, I feel like at the end Reina probably at least understands that it's not gonna happen/it's a bad idea, but regardless the open-endedness lets the viewer imagine their own happy ending as they please and I think that's fine. And don't tell me to read the source material cause I aint gonna. :colbert:

Endorph posted:

:alexa:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

homeless snail posted:

also I can't believe a character turns to the camera in the new star trek and says "science is loving awesome", and then sheldon slides in from the side of the screen like dan forden in mortal kombat except instead of toasty he says "bazinga"

i cant believe shuuichi slides in like dan forden in mortal kombat except instead of toasty he says 'the constitution of japan does not envision gay marriage'

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

i cant believe shuuichi slides in like dan forden in mortal kombat except instead of toasty he says 'the constitution of japan does not envision gay marriage'

lol

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

that's... huh, maybe it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

How does the 100% canon eupho leg monster fit into this?

• Locked thread