Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

we don’t sarcastically cheer, but we’ll give what’s called a “Bronx cheer” when a lovely team finally does something competent.

Is that like when the Browns fans get to cheer their one win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/925079753601798144

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Kelvin Benjamin to the Bills.

Well then.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Epi Lepi posted:

Well then.

Pound for pound, the biggest trade of the day.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
https://twitter.com/KP_Show/status/925458701116375040

lol aside, why is anyone giving Kevin Benjamin that much of a cushion? Especially in the red zone! Yeesh...

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Benjamin has been a disappointment, but this still doesn’t make sense. It’s not like we are lighting the league afire with the depth of or WRs. At least he was a tall body who could sometimes catch balls solely because he was tall.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Anyone who in Charlotte hear rumors that Benjamin murdered someone or something? I can't understand moving him for a 3rd and a 7th. He's not an amazing WR or anything but he's still probably the best one the panthers have

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Not upset about losing KB as much as the timing.
I figured he'd be on block next year, but don't deal him in the middle of a season without getting anything immediately in return.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Anyone who in Charlotte hear rumors that Benjamin murdered someone or something? I can't understand moving him for a 3rd and a 7th. He's not an amazing WR or anything but he's still probably the best one the panthers have

The lowest bar to clear

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

TheFlyingLlama posted:

He came into the year fat and out of shape, he's still fat, and I'm guessing the trade was meant to send a message about players, you know, not being fat and lazy.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

weird Asian candy posted:

The lowest bar to clear

Benjamin has never had any problem clearing bars

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Benjamin and Devin on the field doesn't make sense, since you're basically telling the opposing defenses you're not going deep.

Replacing benjamin with someone who can at least run fast will do things schematically that just weren't happening.

Now whether they'll pull that off i think we know the answer to that.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i wrote a thing about it if you're interested

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/143372-the-unbearable-fatness-of-benjamin-a-retrospective/

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I actually thought it was dumb we didn't replace ginn with some pace in the off-season. DJax before he went to Tampa was my pie in the sky dream and I get the feeling they were hoping Byrd could step up but he died.

Missing that deep element even with the offensive line woes has hurt. Maybe they're thinking Samuel can be the guy?

Trading for Bryant could have been the go. Ginn wasnt a great receiver but you drat sure had to respect him going deep and I think the offense hasnt been as open without that element.

That being said getting rid of Benjamin doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Even out of shape hes money in the red zone and will box out anyone in the NFL given a good chance to do so.

Without Olsen being 100% back its hard to understand. Unless this gives us the best indication Olsen is pretty close to being good to go.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It's also an indication they weren't going to resign him.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Trai Turner is the only one left from the 2014 draft class :negative:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He owns though.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
More importantly, we really need to see what we have in Funchess, CMC and Samuel. Those guys are getting the ball a lot more now.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oldskool posted:

Trai Turner is the only one left from the 2014 draft class :negative:

The problem with only using that drafting service to rate your players. They might have checked all the boxes, but they just weren't "football players" i guess.

At the end of the day, two of them (Benjamin and Ealy) didn't give enough of a poo poo to excel in the NFL. Ealy is basically done.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

The problem with only using that drafting service to rate your players. They might have checked all the boxes, but they just weren't "football players" i guess.

At the end of the day, two of them (Benjamin and Ealy) didn't give enough of a poo poo to excel in the NFL. Ealy is basically done.

I don't think Ealy is done, if only because Belichick of all coaches thought he saw enough in him to warrant moving out of the second & into the third to get him. His production this year tackle-wise is also about on pace, and while his sack numbers are low he's also learning his third defensive scheme this year (& don't the Jets also run a 3-4, which would completely change what they expect from a DE?).

I don't really like the Benjamin trade but I guess I understand it. The option year is expensive, and if you don't think you can/want to re-sign him moving him for picks is going to be easiest right now when there's at least half a year of affordable rookie contract left. And who knows, maybe he won't re-sign in Buffalo and whoever's the GM Hurney can get him back in FA.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I completely forgot ealy wound up on the jets

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Epi Lepi posted:

Well then.

Kelvin Benjamin is the biggest bust to come out of FSU since Chris Winkie and the Panthers bit on both of them.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
I don't mind getting rid of Benjamin, because Funchess and him are so similar.

I just think the compensation is trash, and they should have gotten someone that could have contributed and not draft picks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

three posted:

I just think the compensation is trash, and they should have gotten someone that could have contributed and not draft picks.

Eh, I think a third is about right.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

three posted:

The fact that you're comparing him to Funchess should tell you all you need to know about his worth.

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Best Buy security. You'll have to come with me sir.

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Kelvin Benjamin is the biggest bust to come out of FSU since Chris Winkie and the Panthers bit on both of them.

Both EJ Manuel and Christian ponder both exist, so a three way tie?

three
Aug 9, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Eh, I think a third is about right.

I just don't trust Hurney to deliver anything of quality out of a 3rd and 7th. I'd rather have traded for an active player.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

three posted:

I just don't trust Hurney to deliver anything of quality out of a 3rd and 7th. I'd rather have traded for an active player.

I’d rather a player be active too. Instead we had Benjamin.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

three posted:

they got more than they'd have gotten from a comp pick, and sooner.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

they got more than they'd have gotten from a comp pick, and sooner.

That’s also assuming Kelvin gets a third round pick as a comp.

Everything about him screams the bears.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

You're crazy if you don't think we're going to use those picks to trade up in the first round and get another wide receiver.

Along with a second and next year's first, naturally.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

That’s also assuming Kelvin gets a third round pick as a comp.

Everything about him screams the bears.

Oh, no I wasn't assuming he'd get a 3rd. Getting a 3rd and 7th might as well be a coup.

I do think this signals they've given up on the year, though. Remember when Benwikere got burned real bad by Julio Jones that one time and they fired him the next day? The Panthers sure don't futz around with letting dudes go.

zimbomonkey posted:

You're crazy if you don't think we're going to use those picks to trade up in the first round and get another wide receiver.

Along with a second and next year's first, naturally.

KB started strong, but I think it's pretty obvious he's not giving you first round production now.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

That's not really what I was saying?

Just "Marty loves trading away future firsts"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

zimbomonkey posted:

That's not really what I was saying?

Just "Marty loves trading away future firsts"

well gently caress my poo poo up, how did I fail to read a 2 line post?

three
Aug 9, 2007

Are there any overrated App State players in next years draft?

three
Aug 9, 2007

https://twitter.com/carolinahuddle/status/925704633229762561

Benjamin is a scape goat for this lovely offense. They’re trying to blame the inability to run on Benjamin not being able to stretch the field.

Shula is untouchable apparently.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
RIP Ayers. He should be forced to retire after this.

https://twitter.com/VeteranScout/status/925714508584062976

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
There are currently posts on PewterReport forums asking for trades for Jameis, Martin and McCoy.

And then one "Time to trade our fan base" which got a good laugh out of me.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

There are currently posts on PewterReport forums asking for trades for Jameis, Martin and McCoy.

And then one "Time to trade our fan base" which got a good laugh out of me.

The Bucs fan base is awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

RIP Ayers. He should be forced to retire after this.

https://twitter.com/VeteranScout/status/925714508584062976

That's embarrassing...yikes.

• Locked thread