Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Soylentbits posted:

What craft essence is preferable on a support Vlad? Black Grail? Formal Craft? Any of the Halloween CEs? None are limit broken.

I'd say Formalcraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Vengarr posted:

I'd say Formalcraft.

That's what I've been using and it seems pretty good.

I've been using this site to help me decide what to stick on who and who to use with who as well.

https://grandorder.gamepress.gg/servant/vlad-iii

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

W E W L A D S

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Clawtopsy posted:

W E W L A D S
Grats!

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Got carried by a Whale friends specced out waver with a maid in halloween that let me keep him alive.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Clawtopsy posted:

W E W L A D S

:smithicide:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Welp, got my 20 quartz for my 800th login today, and decided to roll it to try for Shuten/Raikou. Ended up getting double-spooked by Penthesilea and Danzou, but they were both servants i want anyway

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
If anyone wants to be friends

223,656,742 Working on Vlad and I also have an Orion I'm raising up on the side too

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Yes! On the very last party quest (the one with Kintoki), Halloween Princess dropped! And I've finally gotten everything from the shop, including the exp, so now I am just finishing up the rest of the quests for the rewards.

Also, I managed to get every one of my servants to bond 5, so I am happy to see that the all of the Interludes are half off for the next week. I have a lot to get through.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Tried taking Altera + 2 Tamamo. Hassan procced death on the support (higher level) Tamamo on turn 4. :what:

Everyone died by Kiyohime, probably because I was stubborn with my NPs. Sealed, because I wasn't sure if I'd even get another chance this late. Medea took some work, but half my back row was Riders, so wasn't too worried, But had Nero tag in first (survivability, Arts NP). Lost one Tamamo to Medea, Tamamo was no problem except she kept Cursing, gently caress!

48 turns. Also got a Chaos claw, holy poo poo. And three pumpkin drops.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

I managed to beat the boss rush on the first attempt with Emiya/Waver/Tamamo/Tamacat/Support Drake/Cu. The arts crew managed to make it to Medea without much difficulty before Medea started spamming her NP Charge + Rule Breaker bullshit combo, then I lost Tamamo and almost lost Waver before Cat was able to finish her off. Then Tamamo got a lucky crit on Emiya before Cat and Drake took her down without much difficulty (mostly she just spammed Curse on whoever had a NP ready). All in all it took 32 turns. :toot:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Hahahahaha I just spent a solid week grinding for a drop I never got :lol::lol::lol:

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

So I scraped together for a last-shot roll.
I got Cu five times.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I got saber giles

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

U-DO Burger posted:

Hahahahaha I just spent a solid week grinding for a drop I never got :lol::lol::lol:

Same here.
It just plain refused to drop, no matter how many apples I beat Vlad with.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

U-DO Burger posted:

same

also get ready to repeat this sentence for the next couple of events

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

TheFireMagi posted:

same

also get ready to repeat this sentence for the next couple of events

unless the next events have god-tier CEs I'm just going to say gently caress it and grind for ascension materials instead

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tae posted:

I got saber giles
Jing Ke here.

Overall that's a bit over 230 rolls with no 5* servants. Can't complain too much, though, since I got pretty much everything else I could have asked for out of the event, including a couple of decent new 4*s and enough copies of each CE to MLB all of them. Now it's back to saving.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

How much SQ do you get per week from logins and quests?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

4 plus a ticket from weekly login, 2 more from master missions.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Decided to test my luck with a single 3 quartz pull. Mostly hoping for Cat or Carmilla. Instead I now have NP 2 Tamamo. I am a chick magnet apparently.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

U-DO Burger posted:

unless the next events have god-tier CEs I'm just going to say gently caress it and grind for ascension materials instead
There are only two that is worth grinding, and the other one should be easier if you are sufficiently prepared.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I really like JAlter as a character. I have 61 Saint Quartz saved up. Succotash is a cool gaebolg lady, but I don't want to hurt my JAlter chances seeing these horror stories...

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

yeah...

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Hate-Senpai posted:

My luck is laughing at me.

I got 2 drops of a CE in JP Halloween. You don't need drops in JP Halloween cause you get all 5 needed to max them through shop + missions.

Meanwhile my drops in NA Halloween is one Maid, which I don't even need, and 0 Lewd Iris.

I'm also laughing at you.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Beat the boss rush with Altera, Kintoki, a support Waver, Halloween Liz, Caster Cu, and Kiyohime, in 46 turns.

I beat the Medea in 30 turns, but by then, my only survivors were Liz and Waver.

Tamamo refused to kill either of them, so I spent the next 16 turns hitting her with them until she finally got knocked down.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I didn't get the Halloween Princess drop either but I can max out the other two cards...yay.

Beat the boss rush in 29 turns with Altera, Vlad, Martha and two Wavers.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm also laughing at you.

I swear to God I'm gonna pull a Devil Nico before you even if it kills me.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Count me as another who spent a shitload of AP trying to MLB Halloween Princess to no avail. Christ that was a lovely way to handle that.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Last minute roll before the banner ended!!!

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

So the halloween event is over

I got:

Every item from the shop
2 hearts
2 dragon wings
1 Halloween princess drop
5 Maid in Halloween drops :eyepop:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

UchihaHirou posted:

Last minute roll before the banner ended!!!

Ooh, nice.

Da Vinci banner is up now. Wonder how many who want Waver will roll on this one. Meanwhile I can go clear out interludes...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Wow, da vinci has terrible taste in men

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

BlazeEmblem posted:

So the halloween event is over

I got:

Every item from the shop
2 hearts
2 dragon wings
1 Halloween princess drop
5 Maid in Halloween drops :eyepop:

I got:

Everything item in the shop
1 Dragon Scale
2 Halloween Princess drops
3 Maid in Halloween drops

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

Ooh, nice.

Da Vinci banner is up now. Wonder how many who want Waver will roll on this one. Meanwhile I can go clear out interludes...

I want Waver; i think he's a cool character and he would work very well with my Tamamo and Vlad team, but i think i'm just going to stick with using other people's for now. I actually got what i wanted out of the Halloween banner and i think i'm just going to fuckin chill on rolling for awhile.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Wow, you weren't kidding about George. I put my 21 Iron-Willed Training on him and he just sucks in the damage. He hits like a wet napkin, but holy poo poo if he doesn't last forever and let my Lancelot do his job.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
His NP does drat good damage whenever you can get it at least. My preferred method to farming has been him and two berserkers to buster everything.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Hows defense even work in this game? I'm assuming there isn't actually a 'defense' stat since it isn't listed anywhere. So does "15% defense increase" mean you just take 15% less damage or what?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yep. There's an awkwardly translated ingame tip stating this, but all defense ups are basically negative modifiers to incoming attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

:unsmith: I had a good time, Liz. See you next year!