Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

OldTennisCourt posted:

I feel like a deep question comes down to inceldom, when does being a piece of poo poo slide into mental illness? Like a good portion of those in the incel community seem to have deep mental illness, but how many are just total hateful dickheads?

I don't have an answer for this, but I have had this question before. It's not that I don't believe in mental illness, but is every immature, self-entitled rear end in a top hat necessarily mentally ill?

In my workplace there was someone with a terrible personality* and my co-workers were armchair-diagnosing her as bipolar. Where is the line that "just an offputting, immature personality" ends and mental illness begins? Can't people be obnoxious brats without being mentally ill ? (rhetorical questions - not directed toward you, OldTennisCourt)

*in addition to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I think it also doesn't help that there's now this feedback loop of deeply hosed up people affirming each other's worst ideas. I feel like if /r/incels didn't exist or the concept didn't exist a lot of those guys may have not slipped into that cycle of thinking that all women are evil bitches who hate them for not being ~Chads~ and could have maybe found help?

It's tough because they could easily just stew in their own hatred and self loathing but the guys who have legit mental illnesses/depression/anxiety might have sought out help because they didn't have people going "No dude it's those bitches, not you!"

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

KillerJunglist posted:

They compliment his personality while he is catfishing. Isn't catfishing online basically straight up lying? Like just showing and saying only what you think the victim wants to see and hear?

Maybe some of these guys should just live the lie as their actual personality is so caustic. Might improve things.

I think what he's trying to say is that his personality attracts women if hidden behind a Chad picture but the same personality repels women offline/when using his own picture in online dating etc.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

green chicken feet posted:

I don't have an answer for this, but I have had this question before. It's not that I don't believe in mental illness, but is every immature, self-entitled rear end in a top hat necessarily mentally ill?

In my workplace there was someone with a terrible personality* and my co-workers were armchair-diagnosing her as bipolar. Where is the line that "just an offputting, immature personality" ends and mental illness begins? Can't people be obnoxious brats without being mentally ill ? (rhetorical questions - not directed toward you, OldTennisCourt)

*in addition to me

the DSMs typically make the distinction by classifying a particular set of (irrational, self-destructive, whatever) behavior as narrowly as possible and saying that you have to display this particular set of behavior x number of times in y time period. these classifications have specific disqualifying sets as well - for example, "intermittant explosive disorder", also known as "this motherfucker kicks off into rages for like, no apparent reason" explicitly disqualifies people who fly into rages for a functional end, such as to intimidate or assert power.

in this case, the jerks who fly into rages like that are just abusive spouses and cult leader assholes who have no excuse for their lovely behavior.

the line differs from diagnosis to diagnosis, but the big thing to note is that mental illness is classified by some sort of honestly broken brain, defined in the universe of "this behavior serves some purpose that makes the organism hosting the brain more comfortable than otherwise." if you're made more comfortable by some parasitic behavior then you're just a worthless dicklicker. it's only when your brain is literally making you fly into destructive rages for no purpose or end that it becomes a mental illness.

this is why armchair psychology is so hilarious. people don't understand this basic context.

in this way, no, most incels are not, in fact, mentally ill. their auto-erotic loathing is more comfortable than the alternative they would have to face - that they are responsible for their conditions and they are responsible for improving it.

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth
So I relapsed into a beta cuck today. (self.Incels)
submitted 16 hours ago by (username) breast cancer is on our side

quote:

Today at lunch time I was sitting on some steps at a plaza enjoying the nice weather while browsing incels on my phone. There was a roastie sitting next to me who was wearing typical slutty office attire and was probably sifting for Chad on Tinder.
Anyways she got up and she dropped some stuff. Her security pass dropped in front of her and I saw she worked at Randstad, so she is one of those HR sluts that keeps us subhumans down professionally through lookism. In front of me landed an important looking piece of paper.
She forgot to pick up the piece of paper. Being the beta cuck that I am I picked it up went up to her and with a smile told her that she forgot her paper.
Jesus loving Christ I immediately regretted this afterwards. I relapsed into a beta. This is a HR slut who Chad probably fucks to get a better position. I should have went up to her and tore that paper into shreds in front of her face.
Forgive me St. Blackops2cel for I have sinned.

What is the lesbian equivalent of Chad

quote:

A couple of days ago my lifelong crush (the lesbian who I've talked about on here about a lot) posted a picture of her from the side, and I realized she has a super loving strong and defined jawline. She also wears leather jackets all the time, is extremely popular, is a god drat 11/10 in the looks department,and grew up with rich parents. She is the lesbian equivalent of Chad.
But what do we call that? Leslie? Idk if there's a name for femoids like that.
Btw seeing her posts make me want to rope myself but I can't bring myself to delete social media because she doesn't live in my town anymore and I'd never see her. Haha kill me

Anybody else wish they were a woman sometimes?

quote:

I wish I was a woman. When we were given a gender, I wish I had been made a woman. I got screwed over.
Right now, I would be a 22 year old woman who must have dated atleast 4 guys, maybe 2 girls. And be in a serious lesbian relationship with a nice woman. Being a lesbian sounds fun.
I am a 22 year old lonely guy, If I don't find a serious GF by 30, I will go gay. I don't like dick (anal), but its better than nothing, and hopefully there will be other guys like me.

haha, I remember having that internal monologue back in the day

women are gay

quote:

women are all lesbians and thats why they feel no compassion for men they use us for status and then go eat psusy its gay

noether fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 1, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

One of those guys almost made the right choice in deleting all social media, and doing so would make every single one of their lives dramatically better. Most people to begin with don't have the emotional maturity to handle social media if they interact with it on a level beyond simple scheduling, and incels sure as poo poo don't.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

noether posted:

So I relapsed into a beta cuck today. (self.Incels)
drat, in the past they would get pissed because the roastie would frown on them or be rude or accuse them of something. Now even when the encounter is perfectly neutral they feel cucked by the mere idea of treating a woman as a human being.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

the DSMs typically make the distinction by classifying a particular set of (irrational, self-destructive, whatever) behavior as narrowly as possible and saying that you have to display this particular set of behavior x number of times in y time period. these classifications have specific disqualifying sets as well - for example, "intermittant explosive disorder", also known as "this motherfucker kicks off into rages for like, no apparent reason" explicitly disqualifies people who fly into rages for a functional end, such as to intimidate or assert power.

in this case, the jerks who fly into rages like that are just abusive spouses and cult leader assholes who have no excuse for their lovely behavior.

the line differs from diagnosis to diagnosis, but the big thing to note is that mental illness is classified by some sort of honestly broken brain, defined in the universe of "this behavior serves some purpose that makes the organism hosting the brain more comfortable than otherwise." if you're made more comfortable by some parasitic behavior then you're just a worthless dicklicker. it's only when your brain is literally making you fly into destructive rages for no purpose or end that it becomes a mental illness.

this is why armchair psychology is so hilarious. people don't understand this basic context.

in this way, no, most incels are not, in fact, mentally ill. their auto-erotic loathing is more comfortable than the alternative they would have to face - that they are responsible for their conditions and they are responsible for improving it.

Thank you for this awesome explanation. This really clarifies the difference between bad behavior and mental illness. It's unfortunate that this isn't common knowledge.

In the case of the woman I worked with who lied and had emotional outbursts, the lies were clearly self-serving ones. These included exaggerating her previous experience, taking credit for other people's work, and making false accusations about people she didn't like.

The emotional outbursts, I'm not sure about. They made her look bad, so I'm not sure if they were manipulation attempts gone awry, a lack of self-control, or the result of some actual mental illness. But it definitely seems premature to jump to the conclusion that she wasn't in her right mind.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Coolguye posted:

A diagnosis has literally nothing to do with the brain (barring something like TBI), which is why they don't actually give you any medical tests for a psychological diagnosis. That's why not all kids with ADHD react the same way to stimulants - it works for some and not others because their brain chemistry is radically different despite having the same behaviors and diagnosis. We call people 'broke brained' if they have a diagnosis, not the other way around.

IED is just "lovely behavior that escalates quickly and is unpredictable." Oppositional Defiant disorder is just "lovely behavior and noncompliance we can't chalk up to anything else."

It turns out if you put the right consequences in place, the behavior disappears. I've 'cured' dozens of kids of IED/ODD. Literally - they lost the diagnosis as a result of therapy. I didn't do anything with their brain, just their environment.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
I had no idea so many goons were actual, professional therapists! This derail of totally educated opinion on mental illness has been very enlightening

Anyway it’s Halloween, I wonder what the incels are up to now?

quote:

Dickhead rear end kids are mad im only giving out popcorn
u/Bojack101
Fukin lil shits should be happy they’re getting something from me

quote:

[Homemade Lifefuel] I just ruined normie's party
u/xenodit
so apparently some retards are having a party in my neighborhood because of haloween or some other normie poo poo. They are blasting music since 5 hours! I have had enough. I went there and saw 2 roasties on the entrance. I said to them ''do you have any idea what time it is''??that roastie said ''it's not my fault,go inside and speak to the dj''. I told her ''i don't talk to dj's,i will call the police''. I called the police and made a complaint. Within 10minutes the normies turned off completely the music. Feels great being alpha as gently caress. The whole neighborhood should thank me. In fact they owe me.

quote:

halloween is the #1 degenerate day
u/alwayslast97
i drove home before and all the people were out trick or treating and there were so many girls out dressed in slutty, sexy costumes... their rear end and tits hanging out.. some of them were so attractive it made me furious knowing i cant ever be with them. today is the worst day for an incel to go outside, it is just attrative woman flaunting their bodies, it is sui-inducing

quote:

Incels are Frankenstein's creature.
u/ChadTheAssailer
Yes the looks are the obvious part of it, but the truth is much more sad. We are hated because of the way we look regardless of how we act. Remember the part where the creature walks into the town just to see whats up and he gets chased out for no reason? Then he starts to act like a monster because no one ever treated him with kindness and figured he may as well be the monster they saw him as? Thats incels in a nutshell.

No one wakes up one day and hates women for no reason. We hate them because of the constant mistreatment we recieved from them.

So the next time you normies come across a post you find to be utterly repulsive, think about the reason why someone is saying these things and how much hurt theyve endured

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
There were so many attractive women around with their tits out, naturally I was furious.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jim Barris posted:

There were so many attractive women around with their tits out, naturally I was furious.

Let's get to the incel root here.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Yes incels, you are just like Frankenstein's monster. Everywhere you go flowers wilt and children weep.

Also they clearly didn't read the book because the creature was Chad as gently caress.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Dienes posted:

A diagnosis has literally nothing to do with the brain (barring something like TBI), which is why they don't actually give you any medical tests for a psychological diagnosis. That's why not all kids with ADHD react the same way to stimulants - it works for some and not others because their brain chemistry is radically different despite having the same behaviors and diagnosis. We call people 'broke brained' if they have a diagnosis, not the other way around.

IED is just "lovely behavior that escalates quickly and is unpredictable." Oppositional Defiant disorder is just "lovely behavior and noncompliance we can't chalk up to anything else."

It turns out if you put the right consequences in place, the behavior disappears. I've 'cured' dozens of kids of IED/ODD. Literally - they lost the diagnosis as a result of therapy. I didn't do anything with their brain, just their environment.

"Broke brained" in this case was a term to be used in the context of the forum's vernacular, not a biological determination.

joylessdivision posted:

Yes incels, you are just like Frankenstein's monster. Everywhere you go flowers wilt and children weep.

Also they clearly didn't read the book because the creature was Chad as gently caress.

he also got even more chad as time went on, see also young frankenstein

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Nov 1, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Frankenstein's Incel hates the sight of his own face and goes into an obsessive violent rage when he's denied the woman he believes he is entitled to because it would give meaning to his life.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Ghostlight posted:

Frankenstein's Incel hates the sight of his own face and goes into an obsessive violent rage when he's denied the woman he believes he is entitled to because it would give meaning to his life.

:eyepop:

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer
Incel: What is this music going on for the past several hours. People having fun on Halloween? Not on my watch!

(Walks to neighbor's house)

Woman: Hello?

Incel: Turn off the music.

Woman: You'll need to talk to the DJ about that.

Incel: I don't talk to DJs. I'm going to call the police.

(Incel storms off)

(10 minutes later...)

Incel: They turned off the music. I can't believe it! I ruined a normie party! This is the greatest achievement of my life! I am SO ALPHA! Now back to reddit...

(Starts typing) I too understand how it feels to be treated like a monster. The incel walks into town and is hated for no reason other than his face. If we were beautiful like Chad, we would be loved...

(Edit: I realized I essentially rephrased exactly what was written in the posts, but it's because their lack of self-awareness is so stupefying. They expect to be treated like the hero of the story while they behave like Scrooge. Can't wait to hear how he ruins a normie's Christmas!)

green chicken feet fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Nov 1, 2017

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Incel: What is this music going on for the past several hours. People having fun on Halloween? Not on my watch!

(Incel storms off)

(10 minutes later...)

Incel: They turned off the music. I can't believe it! I ruined a normie party! This is the greatest achievement of my life! I am SO ALPHA! Now back to reddit...

(Starts typing) I too understand how it feels to be treated like a monster. The incel walks into town and is hated for no reason other than his face. If we were beautiful like Chad, we would be loved...

(Edit: I realized I essentially rephrased exactly what was written in the posts, but it's because their lack of self-awareness is so stupefying. They expect to be treated like the hero of the story while they behave like Scrooge. Can't wait to hear how he ruins a normie's Christmas!)

Tbf, loud music after a certain point is just taking the piss. He's no hero but I see nothing wrong in making noise complaints. Then again i doubt he had work in the morning.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Benny Harvey posted:

Tbf, loud music after a certain point is just taking the piss. He's no hero but I see nothing wrong in making noise complaints. Then again i doubt he had work in the morning.

It also isn't an "alpha" move

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's also remarkably courteous that the party would even listen.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Jim Barris posted:

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

My Linux Rig posted:

[frankenstein]

So the premier book on the incel condition was written by a woman?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lmao

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

Benny Harvey posted:

I can sympathize with not wanting to hear loud music all night, but how about giving them a chance to turn it down before going directly to calling the police? Halloween is one of the few nights of the year where big, late parties are customary.

I feel like his glee at the music being shut off completely rather than a compromise is what makes him such a grinch. (and patting himself on the back for being so alpha for making a phone call is ridiculous)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Exercising some form of control over another person is the only thing that cheers him up, obviously.

Ultimately it's people to whom equitable and amiable communication is alien.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

I can sympathize with not wanting to hear loud music all night, but how about giving them a chance to turn it down before going directly to calling the police? Halloween is one of the few nights of the year where big, late parties are customary.

I feel like his glee at the music being shut off completely rather than a compromise is what makes him such a grinch. (and patting himself on the back for being so alpha for making a phone call is ridiculous)

Yeah but then they'd know who called the police.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It's pretty fascinating/scary to see how incels have devolved from this 'woe is me, no one loves me!' poo poo to this deep rage at literally every woman on earth. I wonder when/why that shift occurred.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

OldTennisCourt posted:

It's pretty fascinating/scary to see how incels have devolved from this 'woe is me, no one loves me!' poo poo to this deep rage at literally every woman on earth. I wonder when/why that shift occurred.

The Internet Makes You Stupid

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Are you a costco dog though? Regular dogs don't cut it anymore.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

What a perfect analogy.

"...it's like saying you're thirsty when there is sewer water right under the manhole outside your house!"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Furia posted:

So the premier book on the incel condition was written by a woman?

don't focus on the parts that don't matter, you see the monster is relevant because

and furthermore

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

Benny Harvey posted:

Yeah but then they'd know who called the police.

But they already knew he was the one calling the police. He told the girl outside the house that he didn't want to talk to the DJ and that he was going to call the police.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

But they already knew he was the one calling the police. He told the girl outside the house that he didn't want to talk to the DJ and that he was going to call the police.

Yeah, I just meant I would call the police without talking to anyone first.

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting

Benny Harvey posted:

He said in his story he wasn't a pussy, he could probably de escalate any potential situation purely with his fists

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

Benny Harvey posted:

I might go directly to the police in a similar situation as well. A lot would depend on my relationship with the neighbor and if I felt safe asking them directly.

What this guy did is go over to the house and effectively announce he was calling the police. He didn't attempt to have a conversation with the DJ or whomever was actually responsible for the party. He accomplished nothing except outing himself as the guy who was calling the police. And that's pretty funny.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

(Incel storms off)

(10 minutes later...)

How can that guy claim to be ALPHA if he had someone else take care of his problem?

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

But Zeus had to transform multiple times to get laid, and as we all know changing yourself in any way in the hope of having sex is cope. Chad doesn't have to do poo poo and pussies just fall from the sky and land straight on his 20" cock.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shanghaied posted:

But Zeus had to transform multiple times to get laid, and as we all know changing yourself in any way in the hope of having sex is cope. Chad doesn't have to do poo poo and pussies just fall from the sky and land straight on his 20" cock.

Poor Chad, thought of titties and died from lack of oxygen to the brain

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Shanghaied posted:

But Zeus turned into weird poo poo and still got laid so he's the Überchad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Barudak posted:

Poor Chad, thought of titties and died from lack of oxygen to the brain

• Locked thread