Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

pls don't dox me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.
Is the grey bit on the front part of the figure? Because while there's a lot going on there to critique, it just seems really weird to put that much effort into a conversion and then plop something on after painting the rest of it.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
I'm the nurgle art project on the front.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I’m sure that GW ruin diorama would have been just fine if that one redshirt skellie wasn’t chained to the table. A meta joke about a GW store on the battlefield is one thing but implying the company enslaves its workers is unsurprisingly going to be unacceptable.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ineptmule posted:

I’m sure that GW ruin diorama would have been just fine if that one redshirt skellie wasn’t chained to the table. A meta joke about a GW store on the battlefield is one thing but implying the company enslaves its workers is unsurprisingly going to be unacceptable.

Shut up and finish moving your squad of titdemons into it.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

ineptmule posted:

Almost every place of work has employees that joke about their bosses being slave drivers. It's not unique to GW.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

berzerkmonkey posted:

On the one hand, yeah, it was inappropriate, considering it was the company that gave them a paycheck. I don't care what company you work for - if you slam them, there are going to repercussions. Games Day was a high profile event, and most of the company big-wigs (and some from the UK) were probably there. It would be like working for Microsoft and wearing a "gently caress Micro$oft LOL" shirt to a yearly event and not expecting to be shitcanned.

Making a point of publicly stomping it instead of just quietly disposing of it shows they were supremely insecure and overly cunty about the whole thing. I don't see microsoft inviting all the employees in that building for a public micro$oft t-shirt burning. Apple maybe, but not microsoft.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

Said about a hobby that has an infamous rape diorama and loads of other tasteless poo poo.
That's like saying baseball is bad because neo-nazis use the bats to beat people.

JcDent posted:

Is Battle Bunker an official GW venue, or are nerds just angry that someone besmirched their hobby? I hate using the word, but it reads like some nerd being super insecure about his hobby.
Do you mean the nerds in this thread, or the nerds at GW LA?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Pierzak posted:

That's like saying baseball is bad because neo-nazis use the bats to beat people.

Do you mean the nerds in this thread, or the nerds at GW LA?

I meant whoever stomped that diorama. To be fair, I bitch about Hams more than I play it.

I basically just bitch and make armylists that I'll never collect.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Cannibal Corpse cover art

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Pierzak posted:

Do the fans of baseball support the nazis because they use bats?

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Do the fans of baseball support the nazis because they use bats?
Baseball is a terrible sport and fans of baseball are terrible people, so this checks out.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Baseball bats are cool tho

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ijyt posted:

Baseball bats are cool tho

racist spotted

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You're only saying that because skeletons are especially vulnerable to blunt damage type weapons

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Hello

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
that looks like a bad photoshop lol

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Juggerscrunt!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Surprised that's not an official model by now.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Everything about this perversion is triggering me

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Wrong thread etc etc i mean come on dude's chompin on a cigar

🎜Hello my baby hello my honey...🎜

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dual rotary bb guns

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

2004 is about the same time I applied for the LA Battle Bunker when it was still opened, and yeah, they definitely didn't appreciate any sort of ribbing whatsoever. It was a group interview and they asked everyone how they got into the hobby. I explained "I've always loved nerdy things, and even though I catch a lot of heat from my two older brothers for playing, I really enjoy it. My mom says it's better than me doing drugs, although honestly drugs would probably be cheaper."

All the applicants laughed, and the guys that worked there just kinda side eyed one another and shifted uncomfortably in their seats.

Sucks that they crushed that one!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Zuul the Cat posted:

2004 is about the same time I applied for the LA Battle Bunker when it was still opened, and yeah, they definitely didn't appreciate any sort of ribbing whatsoever. It was a group interview and they asked everyone how they got into the hobby. I explained "I've always loved nerdy things, and even though I catch a lot of heat from my two older brothers for playing, I really enjoy it. My mom says it's better than me doing drugs, although honestly drugs would probably be cheaper."

All the applicants laughed, and the guys that worked there just kinda side eyed one another and shifted uncomfortably in their seats.

Sucks that they crushed that one!

god I loving hate this cult like atmosphere the staff foster at GW stores

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I see I'm not the only one hating on the Hellbrute.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I can see not allowing it in a game or whatever, but stomping it is childish. I'd be pretty upset if someone poo poo stomped a thing I put that much effort into for whatever reason, let alone one so trivial.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Moola posted:

You think this shits about fun?? You think we're selling toys here??

THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Hamshot posted:

🎜Hello my baby hello my honey...🎜

That was the first thing in my head as well.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

I love this.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Moola posted:

wow, im detecting a high thetan level coming from your post. i suggest you head to your closest games workshop warhammer games workshop store, pick up a start collecting box or two, and get you on the way to being clear friend

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Are they called Games Workshops again

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Moola posted:

How can they be cult-like, you need more than one person to form a cult. Also one just opened near me and they're still calling them 'Warhammer' stores.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Synthbuttrange posted:

Are they called Games Workshops again

They roll 1d3 when a store is created to choose between Warhammer and Games Workshop branding.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

That joke doesn't work since it implies that GW is aware of dice other than d6.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

StuG Jeebus posted:

How can they be cult-like, you need more than one person to form a cult.

This burn really deserved its own post.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Roll 37 d6's, if there are fewer than 19 4+ results the store is named Games Workshop, if there are 19 or more 4+ results the store is instead labeled Warhammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
If you walk in circles and cluck like a chicken during the store naming phase you may reroll all 1's.