Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

you mean this right:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nlytg1bYI0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Peanut President posted:

It's really great because people were having this same dumb argument when Dale Sr was still around.

He died

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Nah, results of getting payback at a cookie cutter track. Most likely Chase will make Denny's life hell and wall him at Phoenix.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

iospace posted:

As mentioned on the Discord, JGR is the heel stable (with MTJ being the likable one), and Hendrix are the faces.

This is the stupid drama that NASCAR loves.

MTJ needs to keep :daryl: in his car.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

That wasn't payback-worthy because Carl blocked himself right into the catchfence.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
Just caught up on the race.

Martinsville is proof that god is real and that he loves us.

Fan-loving-tasic race. Crap winner, but a very entertaining finish all the same. Shame about Chase, but I can't pretend that I care. If my choices for a winner were either Denny or Kyle, in that scenario I take Kyle because Denny dumped Chase like an rear end in a top hat.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SpitztheGreat posted:

Just caught up on the race.

Martinsville is proof that god is real and that he loves us.

Fan-loving-tasic race. Crap winner, but a very entertaining finish all the same. Shame about Chase, but I can't pretend that I care. If my choices for a winner were either Denny or Kyle, in that scenario I take Kyle because Denny dumped Chase like an rear end in a top hat.

Short track racing is the poo poo. I'd love to have the main series at Iowa but that will never happen.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

iospace posted:

Short track racing is the poo poo. I'd love to have the main series at Iowa but that will never happen.

What other short tracks are out there that could viably host a Cup race?

Besides Eldora, I mean.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

WindyMan posted:

Besides Eldora, I mean.

Evergreen

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

WindyMan posted:

Besides Eldora, I mean.

Gateway, possibly.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Gateway ain't short.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bowman Gray ;)

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
Oswego.

NASCAR would quintuple the economy of the city of Oswego if it gave it a date. It would be insane, but my god, it would be glorious.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

You know I was going to say the facilities aren't up to snuff, but with the very few fans up here, we'd be able to just barely fill the grandstand so NASCAR can toot it's horn on having a sellout. Though might need some SAFER barriers, an actual pit road like North Wilkesboro, not be next to No Man's Land, Washington, need...

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

BMB5150 posted:

You know I was going to say the facilities aren't up to snuff, but with the very few fans up here, we'd be able to just barely fill the grandstand so NASCAR can toot it's horn on having a sellout.

Similarly, a Cup race at Eldora would sell out within minutes. The track only holds somewhere in the 20,000s.

e- Michael Waltrip Racing spent millions on a project to improve air guns. Also:

quote:

NASCAR toyed with the idea of getting rid of jackmen by adding a hydraulic lift to the cars. Petty said teams should make those decisions.

"It will be up to those owners to say what's necessary and what's not," he said. "It can't be an industry swipe. The industry shouldn't say no more wind tunnel [or] no more jackmen. That is asinine.

"That could be one of the dumbest floats [by NASCAR] I've ever heard. Taking one guy off pit road and trying to put a hydraulic system on a car to lift this much weight is asinine. You've got to spend all that money buying it and putting it on each car. [But] I don't know how you get back to that place [of limited funding]."

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/21243489/nascar-how-teams-coping-shrinking-budget

e2- It's a drat shame BKR is dead at the end of the month:

https://twitter.com/TeamBKR/status/925497704163217411

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 1, 2017

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Clint Bowyer's at Martinsville is encumbered:
https://blackflag.jalopnik.com/in-nascar-itll-cost-25-000-if-the-fake-camera-setup-i-1820056357

13.2 pounds seems like a lot for a camera.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So I'm going to the Xfinity O'Reilly 300 this Saturday, which I'm told is still stock car racing but with...like a minor league, I guess????

I was wondering if anyone knew what kinds of events would be happening before the race at Texas Motor Speedway. My fiance wants to know whether we should get to the track 2 hours early or something, and for the life of me I've no idea.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shinjobi posted:

So I'm going to the Xfinity O'Reilly 300 this Saturday, which I'm told is still stock car racing but with...like a minor league, I guess????

I was wondering if anyone knew what kinds of events would be happening before the race at Texas Motor Speedway. My fiance wants to know whether we should get to the track 2 hours early or something, and for the life of me I've no idea.

Go to the 23 and ask him for merchandise.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I think I've seen you post in the NHL thread- Xfinity is like the AHL (mix of up and comers and veterans who either fell out of the bigs or are trying to get back in) with the unfortunate side effect that Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin sometimes come down and inevitably score all the goals for no good reason and eventually cause the other minor leaguers to have to go play in Russia. That said, you're going to a PLAYOFF race, which means the veteran Cup drivers are banned, so you have a better chance of either seeing a legit up-and-coming "regular" driver win or the NASCAR equivalent of Connor McDavid or Zach Werenski (Kyle Larson/Ryan Blaney) who have made it to the top and are really good but still eligible for NXS races due to their relative inexperience and because NASCAR are morons. :siren: PLAYOFFS :siren:.

There are always merch vendors outside the track (both officially sanctioned and independent "gypsies") and also displays for various sponsors and manufacturers. If you've never been, go explore for a bit. Depending on what you're into, there will probably be autograph sessions for drivers from all three major series (Cup, NXS, Trucks). Take hearing protection, either in the form of earplugs or a scanner rental.

Pull for #23 because he's an IRL goon who doesn't post here as much as he used to, but actively participated in these threads.

e- TMS' website is marketing Chase Elliott as The People's Champion.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Nov 2, 2017

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CBJSprague24 posted:

Pull for #23 because he's an IRL goon who doesn't post here as much as he used to, but actively participated in these threads.

I don't think he's posted since

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

On Saturday there will be Cup practice at 3PM and 5PM and Xfinity qualifying at 6PM. So go early if you want to catch any of them.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CBJSprague24 posted:

I think I've seen you post in the NHL thread- Xfinity is like the AHL (mix of up and comers and veterans who either fell out of the bigs or are trying to get back in) with the unfortunate side effect that Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin sometimes come down and inevitably score all the goals for no good reason and eventually cause the other minor leaguers to have to go play in Russia. That said, you're going to a PLAYOFF race, which means the veteran Cup drivers are banned, so you have a better chance of either seeing a legit up-and-coming "regular" driver win or the NASCAR equivalent of Connor McDavid or Zach Werenski (Kyle Larson/Ryan Blaney) who have made it to the top and are really good but still eligible for NXS races due to their relative inexperience and because NASCAR are morons. :siren: PLAYOFFS :siren:.

There are always merch vendors outside the track (both officially sanctioned and independent "gypsies") and also displays for various sponsors and manufacturers. If you've never been, go explore for a bit. Depending on what you're into, there will probably be autograph sessions for drivers from all three major series (Cup, NXS, Trucks). Take hearing protection, either in the form of earplugs or a scanner rental.

e- TMS' website is marketing Chase Elliott as The People's Champion.

Holy moley, a goon in a race??? poo poo, 2 hours early might be a good idea.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shinjobi posted:

Holy moley, a goon in a race??? poo poo, 2 hours early might be a good idea.

He really needs to work on his takedown defense.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

For what it's worth, Texas Motor Speedway has three major race weekends: Spring NASCAR, IndyCar and NASCAR trucks in the summer, and Fall NASCAR.

Hopefully this weekend Goodyear will have their poo poo figured out in regards to the repave but I'm not holding my breath.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

It's good to get there early cause usually companies are giving away free samples outside the track. and I don't know what the schedules like at texas but usually if i get to an xfinity race early i get to see some of the cup practice which is fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy_vB1tzvwM

Also this is the goon in question.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Classic SRA

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

As expected, Almirola to the 10.

Discount Tire joins the 2 car as a sponsor in Cup in addition to the 22 in NXS.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Can Roger please bribe Kez or Joey to do a double duty run please? Thank you.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Suck my metaphorical nuts Chase: http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/145484-elliott-to-start-34th-after-failed-inspections

Good luck winning from the back.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lol race gunna be good though. gently caress him ever winning.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

N: https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/blaney-wants-to-do-indy-500-coke-600-double-974749/
V: HELL yeah

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Matt Kenseth essentially just retired:

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/926941243917168642https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/926941243917168642

e- Since January 2015: Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Carl Edwards, Greg Biffle, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Matt Kenseth. Has there ever been this big an exodus of top tier drivers in less than three years?

What's more interesting is the replacement list: Chase Elliott, Clint Bowyer (these first two because neither team got Kyle Larson), Daniel Suarez, a closed team (the 16), Alex Bowman, and Erik Jones.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 5, 2017

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I think it has more to do with Salary Demands than anything else. Sponsor dollars are drying up, and you can save millions by signing kids.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Live Shinjobi commentary from Texas motor speedway:

#23 is going fast, but you have to wonder if he's going fast enough? Time will tell in this race.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Hope you're having fun! Going to live races owns.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's overall a laid back experience, which I think gives it a ton of points in my book when it comes to sporting events. Next one I get the chance to see I might spring for the scanner. That seems hella nifty.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

SRA in the top ten!

... And he's gone.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

It's overall a laid back experience, which I think gives it a ton of points in my book when it comes to sporting events. Next one I get the chance to see I might spring for the scanner. That seems hella nifty.

Scanners not only give team communications, but you can also hear the audio feed of the radio and TV broadcasts, so if you've ever wanted to hear what happens during a commercial on a TV broadcast, you can.

It doesn't sound that thrilling until you hear Darrell Waltrip complain about his piece of poo poo laptop.

You can also listen to NASCAR's ops frequency, so it's like listening to the refs. Go to a Cup race and listen to David Hoots' constipated rear end yell "PUT IT OUT".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My favorite is when someone tells a hilariously off color joke before the end of commercial and the pbp guy has to bring them back from break without giggling.

• Locked thread