Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

El Patron posted:

I'm sold on Wentz so far, some Eagles fans on here just seem to be the most miserable of jaded bastards though, either that or they forget he's only a second year QB.

Hitting out with comparisons to 3 elite QB's who've been in the league for years "he's not as good as Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers" no poo poo sherlock, who is ?

If you don't see a young QB improving before your eyes then there's something wrong with you and if you're too busy worry about his mechanics to actually enjoy this little run he's on then I feel bad for you because it's loving magic.

I wasn't saying that Wentz is bad because he isn't one of the top three QBs in the league, just that it's pretty much impossible to say if a QB is legit or not until they've played multiple seasons. That doesn't take anything away from what Wentz is doing this year, and yeah is improvement is remarkable. Hopefully he can continue the trend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Can Ajayi catch passes out of the backfield? That seems like a place where Philly could do more to diversify their offense, especially under greater QB pressure now that Peters is done.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

Can Ajayi catch passes out of the backfield? That seems like a place where Philly could do more to diversify their offense, especially under greater QB pressure now that Peters is done.

He only caught 27 balls last year, but I'm not sure if that was a scheme thing or because he isn't a good receiver out of the backfield

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'd love a LT but they are valuable

I don't really care about linebacker .

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Now that Zeke is suspended again, Dallas can’t get Ajayi to replace him, either!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

euphronius posted:

I'd love a LT but they are valuable

I don't really care about linebacker .

They honestly don't need a starting LT. They need someone who can fill in if a tackle gets injured. With Big V filling in at LT if either he or Lane Johnson go down our tackle situation goes from "pretty good" to :gonk:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Vengarr posted:

It's not like Smallwood and Blount were bad at running, though. The bigger issue was pass protection + running routes out of the backfield--someone who can help deal with the constant blitzing. Dunno how good Ajayi is at that.

There's also the issue that Smallwood seems to get hurt a lot.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Don't forget about Corey Clement in this mix either. I think Smallwood is the odd man out here. Maybe Barner, but he's been good for returns.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Amy Pole Her posted:

He’s way better than Blount. I understand why Philly fans vastly overrated him (patriots illusion, understandable) but Ajayi is a huge weapon for your one season push

To be fair, Philly fans like Blount not because he was on Patriots but because he has occasionally looked loving brutal this season and is averaging in the neighborhood of five yards per carry. Dude has been a truck, and Philly fans like someone who just runs over or sheds people like they're debris.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Toaster Beef posted:

To be fair, Philly fans like Blount not because he was on Patriots but because he has occasionally looked loving brutal this season and is averaging in the neighborhood of five yards per carry. Dude has been a truck, and Philly fans like someone who just runs over or sheds people like they're debris.

Yeah, it seemed like a lot of fans disapproved of Blount because the Patriots didn't sign him. Sort of the inverse of how they thought Eric Rowe was a pro bowl level talent because Belichick traded for him.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Toaster Beef posted:

It's nice to have a great north-south runner that's actually used properly. Demarco Murray was thought to be the solution to their 3rd and short problems among other things, but Chip Kelly was a loving moron and never used him properly.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

shyduck posted:

It's nice to have a great north-south runner that's actually used properly. Demarco Murray was thought to be the solution to their 3rd and short problems among other things, but Chip Kelly was a loving moron and never used him properly.

Didn't Chip use him almost exclusively in Shotgun formations which he was terrible at running for whatever reason?

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Still annoys me to this day, Murray would have been a beast if used right, Chip tried to turn him into LeSean McCoy after trading LeSean McCoy.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Also I asked the Dolphins posters what was wrong with Ajayi during the game and their response was that he averages a ton of yards after contact but that contact is in the backfield.

Next play he got hit in the backfield and got 2 yards.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Didn't Chip use him almost exclusively in Shotgun formations which he was terrible at running for whatever reason?

Yes. And in stretch plays.

gently caress The Traitor and Charlatan C*** K****

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Nelson81/status/925363202879377408

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Looking forward to signing the hot WR free agent John Doobie.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Keep that backfield the gently caress away from Sandwich Montoya

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/925415628202233857

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/korey434/status/925053487758675968

fake account

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

This should be grounds for a probation...Mods!!!!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

no eyebrows eagle needs to be a smilie. or avatar. jesus :stare:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
ha, that is excellent

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

axeil posted:

no eyebrows eagle needs to be a smilie. or avatar. jesus :stare:

You can pin down the exact moment Chip Kelly took over the team.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I'm a big fan of that.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ajayi has been given number 36

Big (metaphorical) shoes

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

More like tiny gloves

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

Ajayi has been given number 36

Big (metaphorical) shoes
Apparently there were only 4 options available: 36, 37, 46 and 49

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Philadelphia Eagles are a pretty good football team, and it looks like a good year to be a pretty good team because there don't seem to be any great ones.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Sitting here waiting for Sidney Jones like...

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

a new study bible! posted:

Sitting here waiting for Sidney Jones like...

see ya next year

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

see ya next year

If they are going for it already I don't see how they don't at least activate him.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

TheChirurgeon posted:

lol yes obscure financial tricks like all the ones I mentioned in the post, e.g. "cutting or restructuring players"

e: There are no secret tricks. Everything a team can do is outlined in the 2011 CBA

I don't think intentionally circumventing the CBA by compensating a Tom Brady outside the bounds of an NFL player contract is covered in the 2011 CBA terms tbh

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If we lose to Brock loving Osweiler then jesus loving christ.....

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Starting Brock feels like Denver is waving a white flag on the season.

At least there's no reason to rush Darby back until the Dallas game.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Nov 2, 2017

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
If the thing about Siemian tipping plays is true, they really had no choice.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Vengarr posted:

They could have chosen Paxton Lynch and given us the 2016 1st round draft match-up people want to see.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I think he just started practicing again after missing the entire season till now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Vengarr posted:

It was absolutely true. The book on him is out and he's got a fuckton of work to do to fix it.

• Locked thread